1226 users online (208 members and 1018 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I think the connection of "These Eyes" being a place called Visages has been listed elsewhere.

Well, I haven't seen it, so I apologize if it's a repost, but the building where the phone number 215-650-8880 is located at 8228 W. Sunset Blvd Ste 220. It appears this is an office building that still holds a lot of production companies and stylists.
    Last edited by bessie; 07-19-2013 at 06:21 PM. Reason: margins blown, image removed

Quote Originally Posted by CaseCracka View Post
    The best news is that Ms. M is still alive and well and looks to be on Facebook with an active account. What are the odds she kept records of her clients and might remember have information on FLEK pre-name change?

If I'm allowed to post her facebook I will. Someone let me know.
    I don't think we should even be posting her name here at all. She was not specifically mentioned in the article or on the notes page. Ms. M is a well known representative for photographers. She doesn't actually take the pictures. It is highly unlikely that she ever had any direct contact with FLEK.
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaireNC View Post
    I don't think we should even be posting her name here at all. She was not specifically mentioned in the article or on the notes page. Ms. M is a well known representative for photographers. She doesn't actually take the pictures. It is highly unlikely that she ever had any direct contact with FLEK.
    The phone number is on the the notes page and Visages has been mentioned numerous times...

I think it may be likely that LEK might have done freelance work or sold or bought stock photos to firm re:resume

You're right.

Inserting oneself into a case by contacting people outside of WS is not allowed. You are all free to do as you please on your own, but you can't post about it here.

Regarding social media, such as Facebook and Twitter, here's the rule:

Social Networks
    Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!
    Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Any questions should be directed to a moderator in a private message.
    Last edited by KateB; 04-03-2015 at 12:27 AM. Reason: repair url tag.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

These Eyes

Okay lets just say I found information that links Kathleen Jeung and the number for These Eyes 650-8880.

Quote Originally Posted by SwampMama View Post
    Exactly what I thought. FWIW. MOO
    Bless the beasts and the children
    For in this world they have no voice,
    They have no choice.

Iíve gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, keep me here.
    كلي

Quote Originally Posted by facsinatingstuff View Post
    Okay lets just say I found information that links Kathleen Jeung and the number for These Eyes 650-8880.
    Thanks facsinatingstuff.
    Would you also please re-post some of your other comments on the a, b, c, d...list into the Notes page thread http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...=215620&page=4
    Things like the the Holloway address vs. writing Hollywood. The Library Towers vs. a photo library. You mentioned something about a phone number exchange that was local to LA. That post had some great info that was not reported before! The fact that KJ and the owner of the photography agency that ties to the "These Eyes" number might have known each other, since they are friends on Facebook.
    Last edited by ClaireNC; 07-19-2013 at 07:57 PM.
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

Looking into the phone number, with California area codes, I also found these....

Top: Santa Ana Orange County Register (9 Apr 1987)
    Bottom: Santa Ana Orange County Register (20 Apr 1987)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by HerStory View Post
    Looking into the phone number, with California area codes, I also found these....

Top: Santa Ana Orange County Register (9 Apr 1987)
    Bottom: Santa Ana Orange County Register (20 Apr 1987)
    THese are "want ads" for a secretary in the securities field? Like in working for a stockbroker?

Don't see the connection to Orange County Register. And, is that a reference to a newspaper or to a County office?

That is the name of the publication which I found the ads in. I was doing a search on the phone number in newspaperarchives.

"Area code 909 is a California telephone area code that was split from area code 714 on November 14, 1992." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_code_909

I found a securities firm with the area code 909 with this phone number. IF that firm was in existence back in 1997 the phone number may still be the same and the area code changed. Haven't gone any further with it to see how long they've been around.
    Last edited by KateB; 04-03-2015 at 12:27 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

Even more interesting about "Chelsea Securities" in October 1989.

http://www.complinet.com/qfcra/displ...lement_id=4442

Quote Originally Posted by HerStory View Post
    Even more interesting about "Chelsea Securities" in October 1989.

http://www.complinet.com/qfcra/displ...lement_id=4442

That's not the same securities firm I came up with.....?

According to the ad, it is located in Newport Beach, CA.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast