These Eyes

HerStory

Genealogy Junkie
Reaction score
I just found this ad from an Annapolis Capital newspaper from January 4th, 1989. I also found the campaign in several other newspapers around the same time. Could FLEK have had something to do with the production of this ad?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 796
I looked at the original note page to see if I could cross-reference the phone number written below "these eyes" in the notes with the doctor's number listed in the ad, but there was no match. Instead, I found that the number in the note (650-8880) matched a Texas business called Shaw Industries Incorporated located at 6300 N Loop 1604 E, San Antonio, TX 78247. Shaw Industries is a carpeting and flooring company, no obvious connection to the words "these eyes". Of course, the number could have been reassigned to Shaw Industries after the date that the note was written.

Shaw Industries itself could also be a red herring. The original note doesn't list an area code. It could just as well be Visages Photography in LA as previously suggest by others, Bojangles Restaurant in South Carolina, Poulson Law in Virginia, or many other personal and business phone numbers in different area codes around the country. The only thing that makes me suspect that it's Shaw Industries is that people usually write down the area code when they're calling long distance and only leave it out on the more local numbers. All the other distinctly Californian numbers include area codes. There's really no way to tell what the phone number meant to her or why she wrote it down.

I suppose it's possible that "these eyes" could refer to the ad. We'll probably never know that either, unfortunately. It's very curious.

No, it does not look like here. Look beyond that. As to the Ad, what is the ad about? Changing the color of your eyes. Why would a person changing her identity want to change the color of her eyes? If, in fact, the phone number does relate to this add.

No, it does not look like here. Look beyond that. As to the Ad, what is the ad about? Changing the color of your eyes. Why would a person changing her identity want to change the color of her eyes? If, in fact, the phone number does relate to this add.

Just to clarify, the telephone number does not match. The original poster just found an ad titled "these eyes" from 1989 that had a woman that "kind of, sort of" resembled FLEK. The ad was for an eye care center in Maryland. We have no information to connect FLEK to that state.

On the other hand, it has been reported that FLEK wore contact lenses. FWIW

Every time I see "these eyes" written in this forum, that song plays in my head.

I have a family member who is a foot model in LA. VERY FEW people are in this business.

This is her agency: http://www.bodypartsmodels.com/home.html

I don't know how many legit agencies there were back then, but you don't get a national ad (like the CIBA Vision one) without an agent. It's BIG bucks from just one national campaign.

I cannot call them (obviously, family there), but someone could investigate a little more...

I have a family member who is a foot model in LA. VERY FEW people are in this business.

I don't know how many legit agencies there were back then, but you don't get a national ad (like the CIBA Vision one) without an agent. It's BIG bucks from just one national campaign.

I cannot call them (obviously, family there), but someone could investigate a little more...

I am compiling a list of businesses/schools to post a link to from the Facebook page, (if they are on Facebook). This is a great one to add to it. Thanks!

This is an excellent point! I worked in marketing research in corporate America for the last 30 years. I had a ton of directories and reference materials on the advertising industry from the 1980's. Unfortunately, we moved a few months ago and I threw them all out!

I am going to do some digging around.

I think the connection of "These Eyes" being a place called Visages has been listed elsewhere.

Well, I haven't seen it, so I apologize if it's a repost, but the building where the phone number 215-650-8880 is located at 8228 W. Sunset Blvd Ste 220. It appears this is an office building that still holds a lot of production companies and stylists.

The best news is that Ms. M is still alive and well and looks to be on Facebook with an active account. What are the odds she kept records of her clients and might remember have information on FLEK pre-name change?

If I'm allowed to post her facebook I will. Someone let me know.

I don't think we should even be posting her name here at all. She was not specifically mentioned in the article or on the notes page. Ms. M is a well known representative for photographers. She doesn't actually take the pictures. It is highly unlikely that she ever had any direct contact with FLEK.

I don't think we should even be posting her name here at all. She was not specifically mentioned in the article or on the notes page. Ms. M is a well known representative for photographers. She doesn't actually take the pictures. It is highly unlikely that she ever had any direct contact with FLEK.

The phone number is on the the notes page and Visages has been mentioned numerous times...

I think it may be likely that LEK might have done freelance work or sold or bought stock photos to firm re:resume

You're right.

Inserting oneself into a case by contacting people outside of WS is not allowed. You are all free to do as you please on your own, but you can't post about it here.

Regarding social media, such as Facebook and Twitter, here's the rule:

Social Networks
Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!
Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Any questions should be directed to a moderator in a private message.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kac1991
Back