1262 users online (249 members and 1013 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WA - Man found naked on road in pool of blood, penis severed, expected to survive

Man with severed genitalia found naked on Washington road in the middle of the night. (Daily Mail)
    Authorities in Washington state are trying to piece together exactly what led to the discovery of a man found naked and lying in the middle of the road early Tuesday morning. Adding to the mystery is the fact that the 62-year-old man's penis had been severed from his body.

According to authorities in Clarkston, Washington, the unidentified man was found about 4:20 a.m. Tuesday lying in the road in the 1400 block of 5th Street lying in a pool of his own blood, but still conscious. He told police he had no recollection of what happened to his penis, or how he ended up naked and laying in the middle of the road.
    ---
    Police followed a trail of blood to a grassy hillside several-hundred yards from where the man was found bleeding, and that's where they discovered his severed penis, as well as his boxer shorts and a serrated knife.

The man was taken to St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center where he was treated. He is expected to survive. His penis was delivered to the hospital for possible reattachment. It's unclear whether doctors were able to reattach the penis.
    ---
    more at the link (but it's basically about the Bobbitt case of yore)

Whaaa? So the knife and his boxers were on the side of the road? Did he do this to himself?

Quote Originally Posted by EGirl View Post
    Whaaa? So the knife and his boxers were on the side of the road? Did he do this to himself?
    I'm pretty sure it was self-mutilation. (But in the middle of a road?)

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was self-mutilation. (But in the middle of a road?)

Gonna go out on a limb here and speculate that in a drug or alcohol induced haze he did this to himself.....
    The above post is as always MY OPINION ONLY!

Quote Originally Posted by georgiagirl View Post
    Gonna go out on a limb here and speculate that in a drug or alcohol induced haze he did this to himself.....
    Yes, or could just be the plain old despair of a 62-year-old guy. But I'm guessing he at least has had and probably has been treated for mental issues in the past. Got off his meds, perhaps. Poor guy. Ouch.

One of the more interesting U.S. self-mutilators - Boston Corbett, the man who shot John Wilkes Booth dead in 1865. (Wiki) He used scissors.

Quote Originally Posted by georgiagirl View Post
    Ya' think???
    Six-year-old Shannon Sherrill disappeared from her front yard in Thorntown, Indiana in October, 1986. Someone knows where she is......

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...annon+sherrill

Whacko hooker on the loose maybe, or he made advances on someone he thought was gay and offended the same? Many possibilities.
    Anything worth dewing, is worth dewing well!
    Proud parent of 3 rescued schnauzers

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey2Me1MoThyme View Post
    Whacko hooker on the loose maybe, or he made advances on someone he thought was gay and offended the same? Many possibilities.
    This this is very plausible and would be a horrific crime if that's the case.

If there were a second party involved I don't believe he or she would have left the knife.

Yes, or could just be the plain old despair of a 62-year-old guy. But I'm guessing he at least has had and probably has been treated for mental issues in the past. Got off his meds, perhaps. Poor guy. Ouch.

One of the more interesting U.S. self-mutilators - Boston Corbett, the man who shot John Wilkes Booth dead in 1865. (Wiki) He used scissors.
    Oh carp, I'm nearing that age very rapidly

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey2Me1MoThyme View Post
    Oh carp, I'm nearing that age very rapidly
    Me too. I about wrote, "poor old guy," then remembered just how old I am.

Me too. I about wrote, "poor old guy," then remembered just how old I am.
    And I thought the first thing to go was one's memory, but if it's a part much lower than that, I'm worried about my old age now.

At least they found the missing member.

I always look at this stories, fully expecting an ex husband to show up in one of them....

(Not wishful thinking, just will probably occur at some point) it surprises me that there seem to be a couple every year reported.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast