1083 users online (271 members and 812 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dubai - UAE imprisons Norwegian woman for reporting she was raped

I am so upset by this story

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/w...l-sex/2554045/
    A Dubai court has sentenced a Norwegian woman to 16 months in jail for having sex outside of marriage after she reported being raped, according to news reports from the United Arab Emirates

...For a rape conviction, United Arab Emirates law requires either a confession or four adult male witnesses to the attack.

...In December, a 28-year-old British woman who reported being kidnapped and gang-raped by three men in Dubai was found guilty of drinking alcohol without a license. She was fined $257.

Three years ago, an Abu Dhabi court sentenced an 18-year-old Emirati woman to a year in prison for illicit sex after she reported that six men had gang-raped her.

In 2008, an Australian woman managing a United Arab Emirates resort reported being brutally gang-raped while unconscious because she had been drugged. She was convicted of illegal sex outside marriage and sentenced to 11 months in prison, in addition to one month for drinking
    alcohol.

And so why would any WOMAN want to go to a resort there?
    AND why would any sick man NOT want to go to a resort there?
    Ridiculous !

Norwegian woman faces jail over 'Dubai rape'

http://www.france24.com/en/20130720-...ver-dubai-rape

It's actions like this that protest should be held, this is insane. I am glad to be an american in america. Others laws are ridiculous to say the least.
    Just know one thing, I am the majority.

Adios amego's

Denmark has even gone out officially and begged any international victims of rape in Dubai not to report it in the country!!

Dubai pardons woman at center of rape dispute

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...07-22-06-46-10

"I have my passport back. I am pardoned," said Dalelv, who worked for an interior design firm in Qatar and was in Dubai for a business meeting when the alleged rape took place.
    Last edited by LambChop; 07-22-2013 at 04:28 PM.

Adios amego's

I think the publicity worked!

Well too bad the publicity doesn't shame people from spending their money in a backwards caveman era country !

Quote Originally Posted by Elley Mae View Post
    Dubai pardons woman at center of rape dispute

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...07-22-06-46-10

"I have my passport back. I am pardoned," said Dalelv, who worked for an interior design firm in Qatar and was in Dubai for a business meeting when the alleged rape took place.
    WOW. They pardoned her.

Definition: Allowance or forgiveness for an offense.

How generous of them!!!!

No woman should visit that country or buy anything from there until they change their laws on rape.

Quote Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
    WOW. They pardoned her.

Definition: Allowance or forgiveness for an offense.
    Curious as to what the edit to my post was, tia.

Adios amego's

Quote Originally Posted by Elley Mae View Post
    Curious as to what the edit to my post was, tia.
    No edit. I meant to quote you and pushed the wrong button. Still in training, you know. Your post is still in tact.

Good God. What a barbaric justice system!

I think they should face sanctions from other countries as long as this is their law.

I have to speak up for Dubai here.

If someone calls the police in the US to complain that their drug dealer short changed them on illegal narcotics we would all expect the person that complained to be arrested.

Why??? Because they were doing something illegal just as this woman was!

Technically speaking Dubai is a Muslim country that practices Sharia Law. Being alone with a non-related male in a hotel room and drinking is ILLEGAL according to Sharia Law. This is the equivalent to running to the police about a drug deal gone bad. No sympathy from the legal authorities.

They soften the rules for foreigners BUT if you plan to cry foul and want their justice system to take your side over there you better NOT have been doing something illegal when the situation turned against you.

The woman should have been smart enough to know that! I do not feel sorry for her. If she wanted to get drunk with a Sudanese coworker in a hotel room she should have had enough sense to realize she can't claim "date rape" and run to the authorities without expecting that something bad might happen.

When in Rome....do as the Romans, and stay out of Muslim countries if you can't bother to learn about and obey their laws (or at least keep it a secret if you break them).

Quote Originally Posted by Sonya610 View Post
    I have to speak up for Dubai here.

If someone calls the police in the US to complain that their drug dealer short changed them on illegal narcotics we would all expect the person that complained to be arrested.

Why??? Because they were doing something illegal just as this woman was!

Technically speaking Dubai is a Muslim country that practices Sharia Law. Being alone with a non-related male in a hotel room and drinking is ILLEGAL according to Sharia Law. This is the equivalent to running to the police about a drug deal gone bad. No sympathy from the legal authorities.

They soften the rules for foreigners BUT if you plan to cry foul and want their justice system to take your side over there you better NOT have been doing something illegal when the situation turned against you.

The woman should have been smart enough to know that! I do not feel sorry for her. If she wanted to get drunk with a Sudanese coworker in a hotel room she should have had enough sense to realize she can't claim "date rape" and run to the authorities without expecting that something bad might happen.

When in Rome....do as the Romans, and stay out of Muslim countries if you can't obey their laws (or at least keep it a secret when you do break them).
    Well, thank you m'dear, maybe I should have read more about the whole thingee. That definitely does put a whole new slant on it.

My opinion only

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast