TX - Another unarmed teenager shot dead,this time by rookie police officer, Dallas

claudicici

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O2A1O_NHpc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O2A1O_NHpc[/ame]

He feared for his life because of a skinny,drunk,unarmed 19 year old?

This is in Dallas?!?! wow, I'm in dallas. didnt hear this.

Cops nd to b retrained everywhere. He was not a threat. Bad judgement, voluntary manslaughter IMO.

Well this 19 yr old threw a cell phone and hit one cop in the head and charged the other cop. Not saying it was right but this kid wasn't just gunned down. His actions were out of line.

The cop shouldn't have shot, but this 19 yr olds actions shouldn't be ignored either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

How easy it is to judge leo when we aren't the ones involved, not to mention judging them after the fact or even before all the facts are in. In the video it was stated that this guy charged the leo and actually brushed up against his arm. If he had gotten a hold of his weapon we would most likely be reading a different accounting of events today. Of course he feared for his life. jmo

Cops nd to b retrained everywhere. He was not a threat. Bad judgement, voluntary manslaughter IMO.

It is after 10 at night. You and your partner enter a home on a complaint. It is dark. The dude is acting pretty crazy. And then he throws something and hits your partner, and charges at you.

If the rookie had more experience maybe he would have tried his taser. But maybe not. It all depends on how they felt or perceived his actions. Did they have a chance to check him for a weapon? Could they have missed a weapon? What did he throw? Those are questions they may not have been able to answer at the time of the shooting.

I do think this needs further investigation, and that he may need further training. But offhand I am afraid I can't condemn him. With a little more training, more experience and this behind him he is likely to become a good officer.

I'm just so sick and tired of people ,especially people that are not even adults yet being gunned down in so called self defense.I think self defense is taken way too lightly and deemed justified way too much in this country.Isn't the loss of life worth anything? Should it not be the very,very,very last resort when there is clearly nothing else that could have saved you and when your life is actually in danger?

I'm just so sick and tired of people ,especially people that are not even adults yet being gunned down in so called self defense.I think self defense is taken way too lightly and deemed justified way too much in this country.Isn't the loss of life worth anything? Should it not be the very,very,very last resort when there is clearly nothing else that could have saved you and when your life is actually in danger?

This has absolutely nothing to do with self defense.

What defines 'last resort' though? Should it only be used when someone pulls out gun out on you? In many cases by that point it may be too late.

There have been numerous cases like this where LE has shot someone that they perceive as a threat. In a lot of those cases the victim may make motions/actions that indicate he may have a weapon of his own. LE is not there to play a guessing game to determine the threat, that's why they tell you to stop and raise your hands.

They do not need to kill people.They have plenty of other options.I read on another thread that ordinary people taking gun lessons are trained to shoot to kill when they "perceive" their life is in danger.I think it's absolutely horrifying and avoidable when LE does it and even more so when it's the regular population. Isn't life worth anything anymore?

I'm just so sick and tired of people ,especially people that are not even adults yet being gunned down in so called self defense.

And a whole lot of OTHER folks are sick and tired of people, including people that aren't even adults yet, attacking other people without cause.

Don't attack other people and you won't be likely to get shot. See how simple that is?

I have to put this in to perscpective. I am all for LE doing what is necessary. They have the training to deal with perceived danger and it is their job to respond to a call that they get from the public. LE has the badge, gun, and the authority given to them by the law. The average person? depending on the situation maybe. If you are breaking in my home or something like that then yes.

But so help me God, as an average citizen if you think about following me or asking me any questions about where I'm going or whatever and I'm just minding my business I will see YOU as a threat and as a licensed gun owner in Texas I will use it. See our laws here work both ways. People in Texas know that its a bit wild and wooly in some cities. We dont have many road rage incidents. People here want to be left alone. I think Texans are uniquely southern with an independent streak to the people. I say that with love, I'm a northerner.

With that said, I would have to see police protocol regarding drunk individuals and how the rookie should have reacted. Then think about this, do you know how many drunk and crazy acting individuals LE run upon every weekend? Come on, it's dallas. I cant tell you how many drunk idiots leave clubs, fight and even try to throw things at officers. The officer was a rookie and was probably scared and jumped the gun.

Then there is the socio-economic element. I know for a fact, that there have been massive parties in the plano area where underage drunk teens have resisted arrest and everything. Plano is an affluent suburb I grew up in. Police have broken up many a party. No one got killed. A few Tazed. Some slammed into a police car. Granted Plano is a different city, but I'm sure it applies to those wild Frat parties around SMU as well.

Until we have the whole story it is difficult to determine why the officer felt he needed to shoot this person. There is usually a police inquiry board that investigates these matters and until we hear what the results are I don't think we can even imagine what the rookie was thinking when this young man charged them. jmo

At one time when a uniformed police officer told you to stop and put your hands up, you did it. Because you knew they were armed with a gun and were trained to use it. You didn't grab at your waist, you didn't try to jump them and you didn't throw things. You stopped. Because you knew if you didn't you just might get shot.

I know for a fact, that there have been massive parties in the plano area where underage drunk teens have resisted arrest and everything. Plano is an affluent suburb I grew up in. Police have broken up many a party. No one got killed. A few Tazed. Some slammed into a police car. Granted Plano is a different city, but I'm sure it applies to those wild Frat parties around SMU as well.

Did you read the story? The home had been unoccupied for a year and the power was turned off. The neighbors called the police at night because they thought someone had broken in.

The police did not know it was a couple of teens "partying" they thought it was likely a break in and then this kid comes rolling out, talking nonsense and lunging at the cop.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back