725 users online (107 members and 618 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    30,165

    MO - Ivan 'Ike' Mullenix, 76, murdered in his St Louis County mansion, 17 July 2013

    Wife 'stabbed property developer husband to death and left his body in their mansion'. (Daily Mail)
    Ivan L. Mullenix, Sr, 76, was found stabbed to death inside his upscale St Louis home
    Police found Mary Ann Mullenix, 69, outside the home after the stabbing
    She was charged with second-degree murder of her husband of 42 years
    Police say it was not the first time officers had been called to the home in the exclusive gated community

    the story at the links, with pictures

    Wife charged in stabbing of former developer in small village near Town and Country. (St. Louis Post-Dispatch)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    9,164
    That wife looks pretty rough! Does anyone agree with me that "Country Life Acres" doesn't sound like a real name of a village? Sounds more like something on a TV show.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Armpit, AR
    Posts
    5,350

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Wife 'stabbed property developer husband to death and left his body in their mansion'. (Daily Mail)
    Ivan L. Mullenix, Sr, 76, was found stabbed to death inside his upscale St Louis home
    Police found Mary Ann Mullenix, 69, outside the home after the stabbing
    She was charged with second-degree murder of her husband of 42 years
    Police say it was not the first time officers had been called to the home in the exclusive gated community

    the story at the links, with pictures

    Wife charged in stabbing of former developer in small village near Town and Country. (St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
    I haven't read the story yet, but I take it, divorce wasn't an option for her? Good gawd.
    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you!"

    The above post is my opinion and my opinion only. Please do not copy and past to other forums.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    30,165
    Quote Originally Posted by tezi View Post
    I haven't read the story yet, but I take it, divorce wasn't an option for her? Good gawd.
    Looks like they fell into the confrontational approach over time; violence often results somewhere down the line if it becomes habitual.
    ---
    A police spokesman said this wasn't the first time officers had been called to the upscale home.

    'They have a history... they have a rather stormy relationship, this is what is beginning to develop.' he said.
    ---
    Maybe they became each other's enabler.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,334
    Steadfast:
    Yes, Country Life Acres sounds like a TV show, but it exists.

    Per census in "....2010, there were 74 people, 27 households, and 24 families residing in the village."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Country...cres,_Missouri.

    Technically not a subdivision. It has a chairman/trustee form of government with a village clerk.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,334

    Arrow Previous 911 calls

    Well, well, well, sadly, there were previous 911 calls for domestic disputes.

    "...The couple had been married 42 years before their stormy relationship ended in bloodshed last Wednesday night, when Ike Mullenix was fatally stabbed inside the couple's home...."

    "...other "calls for service" to that address since 2009, ... included one for a report of stealing, a half dozen for alarms sounding or false alarms at the house, a disturbance reported by Ike Mullenix dealing with a custody dispute, and one in which an intoxicated Ike Mullenix had fallen on New Year's Eve 2012 and re-injured a broken back..."

    On a previous call "... Her husband got out of bed and assaulted her, so she grabbed an 8-pound dumbbell weight and struck him on his left cheek and chin, she says in the report.
    Ike Mullenix scratched her left cheek and choked her by grabbing her neck, she told police..." BBM UBM

    http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...f18950282.html

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5,495
    Quote Originally Posted by al66pine View Post
    Steadfast:
    Yes, Country Life Acres sounds like a TV show, but it exists.

    Per census in "....2010, there were 74 people, 27 households, and 24 families residing in the village."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Country...cres,_Missouri.

    Technically not a subdivision. It has a chairman/trustee form of government with a village clerk.
    It is literally one of hundreds, if not thousands, of municipalities that comprise St. Louis County. Area was a relatively affluent area for St. Louis. Not the richest, but far from the poorest.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    21,439
    From December 2014:

    http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...58f4e14fa.html

    A woman who once faced the possibility of a life sentence in the stabbing death of her husband at their million-dollar home was sentenced Thursday in court here on reduced charges to what may be 90 days in jail and five years on probation.

    Mary Ann Mullenix, 70, will have to serve four years in prison for second-degree involuntary manslaughter if she fails to complete probation terms imposed by Circuit Judge Colleen Dolan. Those include a 90-day alcohol treatment program in jail, anger management classes and no alcohol use...

    A prosecutor’s spokesperson said the charges were reduced because Ike Mullenix had a “history of domestic abuse against the defendant” and the circumstances were open to a self-defense claim.



Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY Ireland - Eoghan, 10, & Ruairi Chada, 5, murdered, County Mayo, 29 July 2013
    By nursebeeme in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-01-2015, 12:59 AM
  2. GUILTY MO - Cassandra 'Casey' Williamson, 6, St Louis County, 26 July 2002
    By Doyle in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-09-2014, 11:14 AM
  3. Found Deceased MO - Leslie Wehmer, 41, St Louis, 12 July 2013
    By Filly in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-19-2013, 01:58 PM
  4. GUILTY MO - Velda 'Joy' Rumfelt, 16, raped & murdered, St Louis County, 6 June 1977
    By spicedtea in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-25-2009, 02:34 PM

Tags for this Thread