GUILTY OK - Bobbi Parker charged in prison escape of Randolph Dial, Granite, 1994

KatherineQ

Former Member
Reaction score
That pisses me off...

At least she asked the agents about ther daughters.

KatherineQ said:
Amazing, she left with a convict in 1994, left her husband and daughters and was obviously presumed murdered. Not so, she's there living with the convict running a chicken farm. This seems to happen more often than I thought - people who are presumed dead have just left.

The initial "wanted" website:

http://www.fbi.gov/mostwant/fugitive/feb2005/febdial.htm

and the "found" article:

http://www.drkoop.com/newsdetail/43/524830.html

I remembered Bobbi Parker about two weeks ago and did an online search and could find nothing new--the newest I found was that someone thought they saw her in Texas, but it was unconfirmed.
I always thought she left voluntarily, and I'm glad she is alive, but for the life of me, I cannot fathom what would persuade this woman to leave her parents, children and husband in such agony for so long. I do not get it.

Kathrine, I cannot get your link to work. It comes up with an article about osteoporosis in vegetarians. Can you please try to link again?

Thank you, Kgeaux. Sorry about posting the wrong link -

I'm just still baffled by this. To just up and leave, its a relief for her family to find her, but it must hurt.

was this story ever on unsolved i know a while back about a month ago watching the endless reruns i saw a story about a women who lived with her husband and kids i think she had all girls. her husband worked at a local prison i think it was a state prison or something and there house was like so close to the prison, he had like a big position or something at the prison. and they had this inmate who worked with her on this art project they had going for the prisoners i think. he got really close to her and she left one day with him and they never found her or him. there were sightings for a while but i dont think unsolved ever had an update to the story i went back to check out the links and yes this was on unsolved i posted this a while back in a thread im not sure what one but it had to do with the guy randolph dial and maybe a connection to the dial who is friends with franklyn flyod, i thought they could be related somehow

smile22 said:
was this story ever on unsolved i know a while back about a month ago watching the endless reruns i saw a story about a women who lived with her husband and kids i think she had all girls. her husband worked at a local prison i think it was a state prison or something and there house was like so close to the prison, he had like a big position or something at the prison. and they had this inmate who worked with her on this art project they had going for the prisoners i think. he got really close to her and she left one day with him and they never found her or him. there were sightings for a while but i dont think unsolved ever had an update to the story i went back to check out the links and yes this was on unsolved i posted this a while back in a thread im not sure what one but it had to do with the guy randolph dial and maybe a connection to the dial who is friends with franklyn flyod, i thought they could be related somehow

Yes, that's the story of Bobbi Parker and Randolph Dial. It has been featured on Unsolved Mysteries and recently on America's Most Wanted. There was a book released, maybe last year?, and the author says he got the story from some phone conversations he had with someone claiming to be Dial. I've never read the book, but it apparently states that Bobbi left willingly with Dial and it upset many people who knew her from her previous life. Looks like that's just what happened though.

Who is Franklyn Floyd? What's the connection? I'm sorry, but I don't remember your previous post.

in cold cases there is the story about suzana davis aka tanya huges aka sharon marshall she was taken at an early age by this sick man franklin floyd the thread has all the details including a book A Beautiful child by Matt Birkbeck. frankin floyd aka clerance huges and many other aliases. he had a friend in prison called david dial who he told everything to probably including who sharon really was sharon died in a hit and run she was in the hospital and doing well then she suddenly died. franklin was prolly the one who had something to do with her death. anways im trying to see if randolph dial and david dial are anyway connected eather related or knew each other from prisons somewhere. from seeing that unsolved story i cannot fathom that women leaving her family to run off with a convict unless he threatend her and shes still keping silent

i think it was cnn that was on my tv the news lady said she stayed with him out of fear for her family maybe he threated her or something who knows but its scarry 11 years later omg i hope she can be reunited with her family and they can restart there life over again. did her husband ever move on like after 5 years had passed or did he contiue his search, im not toaly familar with the whole case just what i saw on um

smile22 said:
in cold cases there is the story about suzana davis aka tanya huges aka sharon marshall she was taken at an early age by this sick man franklin floyd the thread has all the details including a book A Beautiful child by Matt Birkbeck. frankin floyd aka clerance huges and many other aliases. he had a friend in prison called david dial who he told everything to probably including who sharon really was sharon died in a hit and run she was in the hospital and doing well then she suddenly died. franklin was prolly the one who had something to do with her death. anways im trying to see if randolph dial and david dial are anyway connected eather related or knew each other from prisons somewhere. from seeing that unsolved story i cannot fathom that women leaving her family to run off with a convict unless he threatend her and shes still keping silent

smile22 said:
i think it was cnn that was on my tv the news lady said she stayed with him out of fear for her family maybe he threated her or something who knows but its scarry 11 years later omg i hope she can be reunited with her family and they can restart there life over again. did her husband ever move on like after 5 years had passed or did he contiue his search, im not toaly familar with the whole case just what i saw on um

Smile, not trying to be rude... but is it possible to put in periods where your sentences end? Personally, I have skipped half of your posts because they are so hard to read. ;)

OKLAHOMA CITY, Oklahoma (AP) Hernandez said that while it is unusual for someone to be held against one's will for so long, it is not unprecedented. "There have been cases of this kind and typically this will result when someone believes family members might be in danger," Hernandez said.
after reading that the first question she asked the fbi, was how her children were...something told me she didn't 'run away' with Dial.

actually, I've been hearing more and more about children/women being held captive. So it really doesn't seem too far fetched at all, to me, that she was held for so long -- it's amazing what 'mind manipulation' can do...

her husband had 'no comment' - I hope he still loves her, it sounds like she still loves him...either way, they have some major adjusting to do

I don't know. It just sounds weird to me. Didn't she ever find herself alone where she could use a phone? I mean, when they found her she was working at a chicken farm, apart from him. Why couldn't she ever try to contact someone so they could come and pick her up at the chicken farm? .

Don't get me wrong. I'm glad they found her. 10 years without a wife, mother, daughter - not knowing where she is........it just sounds weird to me that she wouldn't try to contact someone.

But, like you said, when someone threatens to harm your family, which is probably what this guy did, you'll do whatever you have to to keep them safe. I feel sorry for this woman.

KK'smom - yes, she did have access to a phone. The first day, and the second day, and she chose to call her mom and her best friend with cryptic messages of tell the kids I'll be home soon.

I know people do get brainwashed sometimes, but not in a couple of hours. She worked within the prison trusty system, she ran the pottery program this man worked for, if she HONESTLY thought that escaping from him would cause harm to her family, she seems to be much more vulnerable to threats than a typical woman with children.

She had a phone interview with an author in 2001, he says it's not true that she was kidnapped, he was writing a book on Dial and she was interviewed for it. He told her to call her daughters and she didn't.

From her husband's perspective, he spent the last 10 years looking for her and had to guide both his children through this horror alone. Who would blame him if he served her with divorce papers tomorrow.

I know that sounds harsh. But really, it's believable this could happen to a small child - but a grown woman?

Sorry, feel sorry for her family, but don't believe she was abducted against her will, or certainly lived with this man and did not choose to escape for all these years--this will make a book and movie, though.

If she did go willingly with the convict, then the husband must be pulling some strings to keep her from being charged with a crime related to aiding a fugitive. Short of him being in the mafia, I can't think of any good reason for her to be afraid that he could or would hurt her family.

Izzy Mae said:
after reading that the first question she asked the fbi, was how her children were...something told me she didn't 'run away' with Dial.

actually, I've been hearing more and more about children/women being held captive. So it really doesn't seem too far fetched at all, to me, that she was held for so long -- it's amazing what 'mind manipulation' can do...

her husband had 'no comment' - I hope he still loves her, it sounds like she still loves him...either way, they have some major adjusting to do

I'm having a hard time with this one, Izzy. I "hope" she was just manipulated and suffering from Stockholm Syndrome (is that what they call it?) but 10 years and she never tried to contact her family after the 2nd day.....it just sounds kinda fishy to me.

kgeaux said:
I'm having a hard time with this one, Izzy. I "hope" she was just manipulated and suffering from Stockholm Syndrome (is that what they call it?) but 10 years and she never tried to contact her family after the 2nd day.....it just sounds kinda fishy to me.

I agree... Sounds way too fishy...
If she would have called the police even at one point, he would have been arrested since he was an escapee, therefore he could not have "harmed" her family and she could have been returned home.. She should have some information on how this works, since she was married to a warden.

I am not buying her story.

From the Early show this morning, I guess the FBI believes her and that he admitted that he took her against her will. He threatened with bodily harm to her family if she even attempted to get help or make contact.

Sounds strange, but I have heard of that happening before. John Walsh had a name for it, I can't remember now.

Sherlock

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back