NY - Woman faked brain injury to steal Boston Marathon funds

lucky181

Reaction score
A New Yorker has been accused of stealing nearly half a million dollars from a fund meant for victims of the Boston Marathon terror attack.

Police say 26-year-old Audrea Gause collected money from One Fund Boston after claiming she’d been hurt at the finish line of the Boston Marathon on April 15. The woman allegedly provided fake documents that showed she’d been admitted to a Boston hospital with a traumatic brain injury.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...mbing-victims-article-1.1403746#ixzz2ZXNbAASz

The article says $60 million has been given out to 232 people and the MA attorney general is now going to review all claims.

I saw a Dateline story on how easy it is to obtain very real looking documents for all kinds of things. Luckily someone tipped them off on this woman. Geez, so annoying but then again, why didn't someone double check with the hospital to make sure the papers were legit?

You say free unearned money and all kinds of people will line up for it. She probably thought she was pretty smart when she found out what she did really worked and that she was getting a check. I bet she isn't thinking about being smart now.

I read about this "unusual person" earlier today and it reminded me of that disgusting woman who claimed her fiance was killed in the 9/11 tragedy. She mad huge convoluted dramatic stories, claimed money and even was a part of 9/11 support groups as a speaker, etc.
What a colossal piece of trash both of these women are. They are low-life parasites of the worst kind.

Some people will do anything for money, even steal from money intent for the people who need it the most. :stormingmad:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back