Noises in womans head were from flesh-eating maggots!

Just, WOW! When I was doing maintenance work for my home town's YMCA camp I got a baby mosquito down inside my ear and the noise was akin to an airplane flying around inside my ear. I had gone in early that morning to get some extra work done before my helpers showed up. It took over 30 mins to get it out, even tried drowing it and no dice, that sucker would not die! I think another 5 minutes and I would have been in the loony bin! I can just imagine what this lady went through. :(

OMG - I've heard of such horror stories. Ever watch that series "Monsters Inside Me". My DH likes it, but I watch it with one eye open. Terrifying stuff!

p20868_500.jpg

I can't read the link, too gross, but wonder how long she may have been told it was stress or something mental.

Ok that is it! I am sleeping with cotton in my ears the rest of the summer! Yuck!

:floorlaugh: I must have a very warped sense of reality. Everytime I see this commercial I expect near the end when they empty it out, to see a couple old bald tires, a few paper clips, candy wrappers and a soda straw. :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: I crack me up and that's scarey! :scared:

I have TERRIBLE summer allergies- and this year my ears have itched pretty much non-stop. I read this story and almost lost it. Now I'm obsessed with listening to my ears when I'm alone.

My co-workers (I'm a nurse) are NOT being helpful at all......

This story reminds me of when I went to camp for the first (and last time). I had never heard of "earwigs" before, and the rumour at camp was that they made nests in your ears and hair and pinched you. That night, totally creeped out by that story, I slept in the tent for the first time as well. I awoke to the feeling of something crawling on me, turned on my flashlight, and the whole tent was crawling in earwigs :scared: I screamed so loud that the camp counsellor came from her cabin to see what happened, but after attempting to calm me down, I had to sleep in the tent anyway. I stayed awake with my flashlight the whole night.

I know it's just a myth, but I still hate earwigs!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back