TN TN - Suzanne, 40, & Patricia Williams, 37, Knoxville, 29 Dec 1987

UMfanforever

Reaction score
williams_sisters.jpg
1987 Williams Sisters Homicides

On Dec. 29, 1987, around 8:32pm, 40-year-old Suzanne Williams and her 37-year-old sister Patricia Williams were found murdered inside their West Knoxville apartment. They lived at the Statesview Apartments #91, now named Mountain View Apartments which is located at 601 South Peters Road. There were no signs of forced entry into the apartment, and it was thought that one or both of the sisters may have known their attacker.
Both women were known to frequent a sports bar called Doodles, which is now Makino Japanese Buffet at 8217 Kingston Pike. Patricia was somewhat more outgoing when approaching men at Doodles, much to Suzanne’s disapproval. Patricia usually would approach men by having a bartender or waitress give them a note. According to an employee, this night was different. Patricia was approached by a man, and eventually left with him. He was described as being well groomed and wearing fresh pressed clothing. He was white, 6 feet to 6 feet 2 inches, late 20’s to early 30’s, with brown hair, beard and mustache. He was wearing cowboy boots, jeans, a tan down-filled vest and a top coat.
Suzanne was found nude on her bed. Her hands and feet were bound, and she had been raped and strangled with a window cord.
Patricia was found on the floor of her room. She was bound, gagged and strangled with a shoelace.
williams_sisters_suspect.jpg
Subject described as a W/M, 6'0" to 6'2",175-180 lbs., late 20's, early 30's, dark brown hair, beard and mustache. Suspect last seen wearing cowboy boots, jeans, tan sleeveless down vest, put on a top coat when he left bar.
If you have any information, please call the Knox County Sheriff's Cold Case Investigations Unit at 215-2243 or e-mail us at coldcase@knoxsheriff.org

http://knoxsheriff.org/coldcase/williams_sisters.php?iframe=true&width=90%&height=90%

what about Patricia Barnes Killarney? starting to sound all alike huh?

Yes, I posted there as well. There are more too, I've just been dropping in on quick breaks. I'm working today and can't stay too long when I pop in. I'd love to be spending some time on this. I'm headed to KV later this week weather permitting.

A new article on this case, including some more detail on what happened....

http://www.wbir.com/news/local/appa...h-for-1987-strangled-sisters-killer/452999882

KNOXVILLE - After 30 years of searching, detectives still don’t know who killed the Williams sisters.

The pair lived together in an apartment complex call Statesview, now Mountain View, off South Peters Road in West Knox County.

“Right after Christmas in 1987,” recalled Chief David Davenport with the Knox County Sheriff's Office cold case unit. “I believe it was the 29th they were found strangled in their apartment.”

Dec 29, 2023
On December 29, 1987, the bodies of two sisters were discovered in their Knoxville apartment. 36 years later, the case is still unsolved.
by: Hope McAlee Dec 20, 2023 rbbm
''KCSO reported that Patricia was somewhat more outgoing when approaching men at Doodles, to Suzanne’s disapproval, and would often approach men by having a bartender or waitress give them a note.
But the night of December 29 was different. According to KCSO, an employee said Patricia was approached by a man who she eventually left with. An employee described the man as well-groomed with fresh pressed clothing. He was white, roughly 6′ to 6’2″ tall, in his late 20s to early 30s, with brown hair, a beard, and a mustache.''

''Around 8:32 p.m. on December 29, 1987, Patricia and Suzanne were found murdered inside their apartment, according to KCSO.

The sheriff’s office said Suzanne was found nude on top of her bed, with her hands and feet bound. She had been raped and strangled with a window cord, KCSO wrote. Patricia was found on the floor of her room, bound, gagged, and strangled with a shoelace.''
1703948602102.png
A sketch and description of the suspect was shared on KCSO’s website, with the description matching that of the man Patricia left Doodles with before she was found dead. According to KCSO, he was last seen wearing cowboy boots, jeans, a tan sleeveless down vest and he put on a top coat when he left the bar.''

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back