KY KY - Jennifer Bailey, 22, Bell Co, 16 Aug 1990

UMfanforever

Reaction score
State Police Need Information on the case of Jennifer L. Bailey - Remains Found on 8-26-1990
Occurred on 8-16-1990 in Bell County. The Kentucky State Police in Harlan are asking for help in finding the person(s) that murdered Jennifer L. Bailey.
On 8-16-1990 Jennifer Bailey went to Pine Mountain State Park to go jogging and was reported missing on this date. On 8-26-1990 at Pine Mountain State Park about 1 1/2 miles from where Jennifer Baileys car was parked, her body was found over a bluff and all evidence indicates that she was murdered. If you have any information pertaining to this case, please contact Detective Bryan Johnson Kentucky State Police Post 10 Harlan 606-573-3131.
Anthropologic profile of the victim SEX: Female RACE: White DATE OF BIRTH: 9/2/1968 HEIGHT: 5'4" HAIR COLOR: BLONDE EYE COLOR: GREEN WEIGHT: 150 Investigating Officer Contact Information
KENTUCKY STATE POLICE
POST 10 - Harlan
OFFICER: Detective Bryan Johnson
PHONE: (606) 573-3131
E-MAIL: be.johnson@ky.gov

Mother still searching for answers in 22-year-old cold case
wymt-tv
By: Katie Roach
Updated: Thu 6:48 PM, Aug 16, 2012
22 years later, and a mother still does not know who killed her daughter.

As the case grows colder, Janice Bailey, her mother, fears she will never know who took her daughter away.

"I just get in bad shape. I don't want to do nothing, I can't eat. It's awful. Its like going to hell and never coming back ," said Janice Bailey.
Tri-state cold case files
by C.J. Harte/Correspondent - 6 years ago | 2906 views

The 1990 case continuously receives publicity and was recently featured on a Knoxville television station. It involves Jennifer Lee Bailey of Greasy Creek. She was 21 years-old when she went missing on August 16, 1990 while jogging on what is locally called “The Fat Track”, in Pine Mountain State Park, near Pineville. She was found ten days later, August 26, 1990 one and a half mile from where her vehicle was parked at the entrance to the “Fat Track”.

On August 26, 1990 while again searching the area known as the “Gravel Pit,” which dogs had previously search, her body was found.

There has been speculation that Jennifer’s body had been removed and then placed where she was found.
Who killed Kentucky woman found in state park in 1990?
Posted: May 10, 2011 5:26 PM CST
By MONA NAIR
6 News Reporter

14620332_BG2.jpg

"She was very outgoing. Everyone loved her," Janice Bailey said.
Jennifer was the manager of the shoe department at the local Walmart and was quite well known in the area.
She was also an athlete training for an upcoming competition and often ran at Pine Mountain State Park

"As you can see, the parking lot of the track is next to the highway. We received a call from many people who identified a black truck in the parking lot, along with the car that Jennifer was driving. We got statements from them that it looked like they were in some kind of argument," Detective Johnson said.

I worked with Jennifer and knew her from grade school. I'm wish the KSP would solve this for her family. I believe it's connected to the Greta Henson murder in Jan 1992.

I worked with Jennifer and knew her from grade school. I'm wish the KSP would solve this for her family. I believe it's connected to the Greta Henson murder in Jan 1992.
So who is the "because of who he is" (see post #3 above)?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woohoo3
Back