NC - Man used Craigslist to solicit mom of autistic child

27967-faulkner-220x165.jpg

William Jerry Faulkner Jr., 47, Hope Mills.
I want to get his image on here because LE believes there are other possible victims.

Anyone feeling a PTSD excuse coming??
:banghead:

This is horrible, just when you thought it couldn't get worse. :(

I could be wrong...we might get the "undercover covert research" excuse. You know, a'la Pete Townsend.

Oh. My. Gosh. That is repulsive. One of those stories I wish I hadn't read. Thank GOD he was caught!

The sad part of this, with the laws as they are, he won't be in jail long and will be out! Will he get a shorter sentence since he was caught in a sting and the act did not occur?

Another case of a slap on the hands, short sentence, then that is reduced with good behavior and crowded jails, and another RSO on the streets! JMO

The sad part of this, with the laws as they are, he won't be in jail long and will be out! Will he get a shorter sentence since he was caught in a sting and the act did not occur?

Another case of a slap on the hands, short sentence, then that is reduced with good behavior and crowded jails, and another RSO on the streets! JMO

From Filly's link:

The Cumberland County Sheriff's Office said Faulkner is the first person to be charged under a 2012 state law enacted in the wake of Shaniya Davis' death.

The state law makes the unlawful sale, surrender or purchase of a minor a Class F felony.

http://www.ncleg.net/Sessions/2011/Bills/Senate/PDF/S910v5.pdf

This story is kind of local for me. I read it yesterday and work up in the middle of the night thinking about it.

Being held on $75,000 bail is not enough. This is horrific. Thank goodness somebody read the Craigslist ad and had the sense to report it to LE.

For now at least this dangerous "person" is incarcerated. Heaven knows how long he'll be locked up.

Then what? Where does he go? What happened to his family? Who is safe?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back