Aurora Theater Shooting Survivors Tie the Knot a Year Later

Reader

Reaction score
http://abcnews.go.com/US/aurora-theater-shooting-survivors-tie-knot-year/story?id=19728681

A young couple who survived the Aurora, Colo., movie theater shooting turned their worst night into their best day this weekend.

Eugene Han and Kirstin Davis tied the knot Saturday, exactly one year after the Colorado massacre that left a dozen people dead and more than 70 injured........

"We were still dating and I was planning on proposing even before [the shooting] but I never had the chance to," he said. "When the theater shooting happened, that's when I was like, I really need to do this because you don't know what's going to happen after tomorrow." .......

He proposed on April 9 while the couple was visiting South Padre Island in Texas. She said yes and he asked how she felt about getting married on the one-year anniversary of the shooting. Davis told him she had to think about it. ......

"I think it would be a good date to have our wedding," she recalled saying. "That way we can make good memories and start a new chapter of our lives rather than allowing this memory from a year ago to stick with us every single year."

picture.php

I'm amazed a year has gone by already. It doesn't seem that long ago.

Best wishes to the couple.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back