1090 users online (231 members and 859 guests)  

Websleuths News

Who Dat Nation

TX - Teen escapes captors in Lubbock; LE looks for other victim(s)

Lubbock police investigating teenage abduction
    The Associated Press Posted: 07/21/2013 11:44:39 AM PDT
    LUBBOCK, Texas—Lubbock police are investigating a teenage runaway girl's report that she was abducted, sexually assaulted and held captive in a house for the past six weeks...

"We believe her to be credible in her claims and we believe her to be the victim of multiple sexual assaults as well as kidnapping," Caspell said after a SWAT team served a search warrant Saturday at the home.
    Teen claims she was abducted, held for 6 weeks in Texas
    Published July 21, 2013 Associated Press
    Three men surrendered without incident and were detained for questioning. Their names haven't been released since they haven't been arrested, though at least one of them had an outstanding warrant, Caspell said.
    Texas Teenager Says She Was Abducted, Held Captive
    Caspell says police also are investigating the possibility a second girl was at the house earlier.
    Muddy water in the street
    ; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"

This poor, poor young lady. Praying they find the other girl or even girls they have harmed.

Texas certainly has it's share of runaways. I was just reading about a young lady raped by 10 grown men who had run away from a girl's home in Austin.

Healing for all these young ladies.

The KWTX has been updated to say the girl fabricated the story, may have been involved in prostitution and was there voluntarily. But because she was 15 years old sex charges are pending for the men involved.

IMO something makes me suspicious that perhaps it might be a sex trafficking ring.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight