Identified! MD - Gaithersburg, Male body in pond, Jul'13 - Matthew Baker

astridxx

Reaction score
http://www.wjla.com/articles/2013/07/body-found-in-montgomery-county-pond-91664.html

A man's body was found in a drainage pond in a Gaithersburg park Sunday afternoon.

Police say the body was recovered from the pond at Nike Missile Park on Snouffer School Road around 1 p.m.

There are no obvious signs of trauma and police do not suspect foul play. The victim has not been identified.

Friday night someone reported finding clothes near the pond, Montgomery County police say. Maryland-National Capital Park Police recovered the clothes and both departments are investigating to see if there is a link between the two cases.

Sunday night, police released photos of tattoos on the deceased man's arms, hoping someone might help identify him.

tattoos_deceased_mcpd_4x6_296.jpg

Thanks, Astridxx.

The tattoos are fairly generic save for the "barbell cross". It looks to me like barbells anyway.

Also the flames on his forearm appear to have initials in them. I'm seeing possibly a MLB?

RIP, Sir.

Yes, I see MLB as well -- when I first saw the B I thought it looked liked the Boston Red Sox B. Upon further inspection I was able to make out the M and the L. I'm not sure if he's an avid baseball fan or if those are someone's initials (probably the latter).

Also, it looks like "RiP" under the barbells.

They have released no other information about the age range or race of the decedent (though clearly he is Caucasian, possibly Hispanic). No height, no weight, no hair or eye color. No guesstimate on how long he'd been deceased for.

Also, there are conflicting reports -- one newssite says someone reported hearing shots fired Friday night. A couple sites say the cops are investigating this as a suspicious death, others says there were no signs of foul play.

Missing April 4th 2013
This is way out of where this person was going when he went missing ... but tattoo of Unfinished cross and flames caught my attention.

also:
Joshua had a bus ticket and was supposed to be on his way to Spokane, WA where he was going to be picked up by a family member who was late. When she arrived at the station in Spokane she was unable to locate him. Nobody knows if he ever made it there or if he got off on stops along the way. He is mentally challenged and has epilepsy and in need of his medication.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/20889/19

http://wtop.com/52/3395806/Police-ID-man-found-dead-in-Gaithersburg-pond

"UPDATE - Tuesday - 7/23/2013, 12 p.m. E.T.

WASHINGTON - Police have identified the man found dead in a Gaithersburg, Md., pond over the weekend.

Montgomery County police say they pulled the body of 25-year-old Matthew Baker, a Gaithersburg resident, out of Mike Missile Park on Sunday and are calling his death suspicious. Police are working with the Chief Medical Examiner to determine how Baker died."

Glad he was identified so quickly!
Thanks for the updates.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member