1261 users online (268 members and 993 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

47 rescued from Gulf rig after natural gas blowout

http://www.centurylink.net/news/read...ral_gas_lea-ap

NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Natural gas flowed uncontrolled from a well off the Louisiana coast on Tuesday after a blowout that forced the evacuation of 47 workers aboard a drilling rig, authorities said.

More at link....

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

Hope everyone will be ok. Such hard work for those folks.
    Winston Churchill "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."

Not again! How much spillage was there?
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

It was natural gas, not oil. I am much more worried about the guys on the rig than any 'spillage'. Natural gas is not a liquid. Those guys work so hard to bring us a commodity that most all of us use. I think it takes great courage to work on a rig like that. I had a brother on an oil rig who had to be helicoptered back to the mainland due to an injury, and a friend who is disabled forever from an injury on a platform. I salute them and pray that they are all okay.

moo
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!