Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: MO - Chad Rogers, 30, Liberty, 22 July 2013

helicopters swarming above my house a few blocks over

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to happywifehappylife For This Useful Post:

Tim Fritson, who has been closely involved in the search for Chad Rogers, said Liberty police has notified the family that they believe Rogers' body was found Friday. Police apparently found the body near highway construction located near South Valley Junior High School, which is at 800 Midjay Dr.

The search has been called off.

An autopsy will be performed.

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to happywifehappylife For This Useful Post:

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to happywifehappylife For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by summer_breeze View Post
    The story at the above link has now been updated to read: "Body of missing Liberty runner Chad Rogers apparently found"

Liberty police are investigating whether a body found in a portable toilet at a construction area Friday morning is that of Chad Rogers, the 30-year-old father missing since he left home for a run Monday night.
    I do want to point out that the article does say it's only a tentative ID, with no speculation about cause of death.

I hope this means that perhaps he felt ill while running, saw the port-a-potty and decided to use it, and passed from natural causes. All the runners I know (especially the guys) will just pee on the trail rather than interrupt a run, so seeking out a port-a-potty would probably indicate more pressing issues or not feeling well. I hope that's what it is; if it were my husband, I would vastly prefer that over an intentional death, either self-caused or at the hands of someone else. I don't see choosing a port-a-potty as a spot for one's final moments (self-harm), and I would hate to think of someone killing him and leaving the body there.

If it's not Chad, it's still somebody's loved one, and my thoughts are with the decedent's family.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mouse For This Useful Post:

http://fox4kc.com/2013/07/26/breakin...-rogers-found/

LIBERTY, Mo. — The body of missing runner Chad Rogers has been found, according to Tim Fritson, youth pastor at Liberty Christian Fellowship, in Liberty, Mo.

Liberty police are currently investigating after someone reportedly opened the door of a portable toilet and found the body. The portable facility is located behind Discovery Middle School. Liberty Police have not yet confirmed that the body is that of Chad Rogers.

There are now two anticipated news conferences scheduled for Friday afternoon. Liberty police are expected to hold one at 3:30 p.m. and the family is expected to hold one at 4:30 p.m. at Shoal Creek Community Church in Liberty.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mouse For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    The story at the above link has now been updated to read: "Body of missing Liberty runner Chad Rogers apparently found"

I do want to point out that the article does say it's only a tentative ID, with no speculation about cause of death.

I hope this means that perhaps he felt ill while running, saw the port-a-potty and decided to use it, and passed from natural causes. All the runners I know (especially the guys) will just pee on the trail rather than interrupt a run, so seeking out a port-a-potty would probably indicate more pressing issues or not feeling well. I hope that's what it is; if it were my husband, I would vastly prefer that over an intentional death, either self-caused or at the hands of someone else. I don't see choosing a port-a-potty as a spot for one's final moments (self-harm), and I would hate to think of someone killing him and leaving the body there.

If it's not Chad, it's still somebody's loved one, and my thoughts are with the decedent's family.
    I really hope that is the case too! I just can't stop thinking about how the dog lost his scent on a completely other side of town (Ruth Ewing & Birmingham?). Did he get in a car with someone and end up meeting his demise? This location was not on anyones' radar as far as needing to be searched. Sounds like pure "luck" that a construction worker stumbled upon his body. Just sad all the way around......
    "Be the kind of woman, that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the Devil says "Oh crap. She's up."

12. The Following User Says Thank You to FlamingoLady For This Useful Post:

nao

When I saw photos posted earlier from the other search, the high grass did make me think he might be out there somewhere. I was picturing a flat,neighborhood type area before.
    Just my opinion, of course.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FlamingoLady View Post
    I really hope that is the case too! I just can't stop thinking about how the dog lost his scent on a completely other side of town (Ruth Ewing & Birmingham?). Did he get in a car with someone and end up meeting his demise? This location was not on anyones' radar as far as needing to be searched. Sounds like pure "luck" that a construction worker stumbled upon his body. Just sad all the way around......
    Since he ran very often, it seems it would have been a stroke of incredible luck if the dogs actually hit on his scent from that one specific run. it seems likely that information - the dog scent hits - greatly delayed finding Chad because the searchers were thrown off the actual trail Chad took that night.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JeannaT For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JeannaT View Post
    Since he ran very often, it seems it would have been a stroke of incredible luck if the dogs actually hit on his scent from that one specific run. it seems likely that information - the dog scent hits - greatly delayed finding Chad because the searchers were thrown off the actual trail Chad took that night.
    That crossed my mind too - but if had run in the direction of the school (where he was found) .. wouldn't the dogs have hit on that too?

The whole thing is very weird ...

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pamlet For This Useful Post:

Now that I think about it...if the body in the port-a-potty turns out to be positively ID'd as Chad Rogers...and he has been missing since late Monday but the body wasn't discovered until this morning...did none of the construction workers need to use the restroom on the job site in the last three days? Sure, a busy construction site might have more than one toilet unit on site...but what are the chances that everyone who had to go chose Unit A and not Unit B? In summer heat, wouldn't somebody notice something? (Although, port-a-potties often smell bad enough on their own that maybe nobody would notice anything. Still, nobody even opened the door for three days?)

Was there not actually much active construction going on at that site in the past week? Maybe due to weather or a strike or something?

Now that I'm thinking about the 3-day port-a-potty gap, I'm getting a little less hopeful about the chance of natural causes. But why would someone kill him and stuff him in a port-a-potty? Who would think a runner would have anything on him worth killing for? Who would take the chance of tangling with an obviously fit young athlete for something like an ipod or a runner's watch (if he had either of those things)? There are easier targets for what would probably be a lousy payoff from a robbery. Yet he doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would have enemies with that amount of hatred. (Athough granted, you never know. People get killed for all sorts of weird reasons. Affair/jealousy, maybe?) And, while I will be the first to argue that you can never make assumptions about what people in a suicidal frame of mind would or wouldn't do, I still just don't see choosing a place as unpleasant as a port-a-potty for your final moments--not when there are woods for solitude nearby. So now I'm wondering if someone did accidentally hit him with a car, and then freaked out and hid the body so they'd have time to repair car damage, etc. But that still doesn't explain why no one tried to use the port-a-potty for three days. Maybe all the construction workers just pee in the wild like runners do, and maybe they're all like me and would rather just hold everything else until they got home, rather than use a port-a-potty? One of my neighbors works on a highway crew, but I don't think I want to quiz him about the bowel habits of construction workers.

Hmmm...I just don't know what to think. Hopefully some of the local WSers will have a chance to report on the police and family statements from this afternoon--
    Last edited by Mouse; 07-26-2013 at 05:06 PM.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mouse For This Useful Post:

Now that I think about it...if the body in the port-a-potty turns out to be positively ID'd as Chad Rogers...and he has been missing since late Monday but the body wasn't discovered until this morning...did none of the construction workers need to use the restroom on the job site in the last three days? Sure, a busy construction site might have more than one toilet unit on site...but what are the chances that everyone who had to go chose Unit A and not Unit B? In summer heat, wouldn't somebody notice something? (Although, port-a-potties often smell bad enough on their own that maybe nobody would notice anything. Still, nobody even opened the door for three days?)

Was there not actually much active construction going on at that site in the past week? Maybe due to weather or a strike or something?

I have noticed they havent been doing much work lately, kinda seems like they only work when they want to. I am guessing it has been due to weather but have noticed construction has slowed down

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to happywifehappylife For This Useful Post:

That is a really good point Mouse. I wonder how many workers they have at that sight that in those three days no one had use that pp.

Mind boggling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to happywifehappylife For This Useful Post:

That does it--the next construction site I pass, I'm marching right over there and asking, "So...how often do you guys poo on a job site, anyway?"

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mouse For This Useful Post:

That does it--the next construction site I pass, I'm marching right over there and asking, "So...how often do you guys poo on a job site, anyway?"
    LOL
    someone uses them cause they are always full & smell

29. The Following User Says Thank You to happywifehappylife For This Useful Post:

My friend that is a cardiac nurse said that before men have a massive cardiac event (heart attack) they often have an incredible urge to have a bowel movement. It is not uncommon to find men deceased in the bathroom (often on the toilet) from a heart attack.

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferst View Post
    My friend that is a cardiac nurse said that before men have a massive cardiac event (heart attack) they often have an incredible urge to have a bowel movement. It is not uncommon to find men deceased in the bathroom (often on the toilet) from a heart attack.
    Like Elvis. I sincerely hope this is what happened. If construction had slowed down recently (as happywifehappylife says), it makes more sense that he might not be found for a couple of days.

Whatever brings the most peace to his family, I hope that is the answer to what happened.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mouse For This Useful Post:

Well, safe to say I'm going to approach portaloos with caution from now on.. imagining opening the door to find a body?

RIP.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alreetlike For This Useful Post:

It is possible that someone hit him with their car, freaked out or for whatever reason... put him in the portable p. jmo Once again, a very tragic ending.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to popsicle For This Useful Post:

So KMBC in KC just reported on their 5:00 PM news that the porta-potty door was locked and had been for a couple of days. Today when someone again tried to open it, they noticed a foul smell and alerted police.

38. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to davehead21 For This Useful Post:

Oh no, so sad to see this.

Rest in peace, Chad. My run tonight will be for you.
    "All your life, all your love, all your hate, all your memory, all your pain, it was all the same thing. It was all the same dream—a dream that you had inside a locked room. A dream about being a person.” - True Detective

Help Save the Next Girl. http://helpsavethenextgirl.com

Help Find Shane Fell. Http://helpfindshanefell.com

Quote Originally Posted by davehead21 View Post
    So KMBC in KC just reported on their 5:00 PM news that the porta-potty door was locked and had been for a couple of days. Today when someone again tried to open it, they noticed a foul smell and alerted police.
    They lock from the inside, like a regular bathroom stall, right? (I'm trying remember the last time I was in one.) Then that would probably rule out someone leaving the body there, and leave natural causes and self-harm as the possibilities. I'm wondering if the autopsy will find that maybe he had an unknown heart defect or something like that.

41. The Following User Says Thank You to Mouse For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferst View Post
    This is what it sounds like to me as well. I'm thinking natural causes and then no one used the port-a-potty for a few days because it was locked, they weren't doing as much work, etc. I run mainly in residential areas and many times I've seen runners (mostly men) stop and use port-a-potties that are there for contrsuction workers who are working on a home or doing road repairs. When you get miles away from a bathroom or your starting/ending point, it can become a necessity to stop wherever the opportunity presents itself.

I have known two runners - both men & experienced runners who did marathons like Chad - who had health events while running. One passed out (or was found passed out) in the neighborhood; a neighbor who knew him found him and called for help & got word to his family. Another died while running early one cold morning (like in the 30s or 40s, cold for Louisiana). Sometimes this stuff happens, even to elite runners.

I'm thinking for now Chad died from some sort of health event and not foul play. I know it's cliche to say he died doing what he loved, but it's obvious he did. If you run marathons, that's a LOVE of running.
    "All your life, all your love, all your hate, all your memory, all your pain, it was all the same thing. It was all the same dream—a dream that you had inside a locked room. A dream about being a person.” - True Detective

43. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ktgirl For This Useful Post:

They lock from the inside, like a regular bathroom stall, right? (I'm trying remember the last time I was in one.) Then that would probably rule out someone leaving the body there, and leave natural causes and self-harm as the possibilities. I'm wondering if the autopsy will find that maybe he had an unknown heart defect or something like that.
    Right.

I am fairly certain they do.

This story has really gotten to me. I really hope he had some kind of medical event instead of the alternative.

46. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to davehead21 For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast