1210 users online (277 members and 933 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

RI - KB, 13, Portsmouth, 24 July 2013

http://www.wpri.com/dpp/news/local_n...-year-old-girl

PORTSMOUTH, R.I. (WPRI) -- An Amber Alert has been issued for a 13-year-old girl who was last seen in the area of Ferry Landing Circle in Portsmouth.

Portsmouth and Rhode Island State Police are seeking the public's help in locating Kathryn Botelho who was last seen leaving a home with an unknown male who was not familiar to the family.

Kathryn was last seen on Wednesday morning. She is 4'11 about 110 pounds with blonde hair and blue eyes and was last seen wearing a black skirt and a blue sapphire Alex and Ani bracelet.

She is possibly accompanied by a white male, between the ages of 40 and 50.

They may be traveling in a red Chrysler Sebring or Concorde. The car is an older model, 4 door, with unknown registration and possibly a New Jersey plate.
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 07-25-2013 at 06:06 AM.

It says he is unknown to the family, but I am wondering if they might have reason to think he was known to the girl. Internet, maybe? It just doesn't sound like she was grabbed at random from this description.
    They're certainly entitled to think that, and they're entitled to full respect for their opinions... but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself. The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience.- Atticus Finch

Thank you for starting this thread. This is my hometown.

PORTSMOUTH, RI (MyFoxBoston.com) -- An Amber Alert has been issued for a 13-year-old girl abducted in Portsmouth, R.I.

Rhode Island State Police said 13-year-old Kathryn Botelho was abducted in Portsmouth at about 9:30 a.m. Police say she may be imminent danger.

Botelho is described as 4'11" tall with blonde hair and blue eyes. She is approximately 110 pounds. Police said that it was not immediately known what she was wearing when she was taken.

The person who abducted her is described as white man in his 40s or 50s. He was driving a red Chrysler Sebring or Chrysler Concord, possibly with New Jersey plates.

Anyone with information is asked to call Portsmouth police at 401-683-0300.

Read more: http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/229...#ixzz2Zzopj0xu

I'm a RI resident so will be interested to hear anything new or if any searches are scheduled.. Praying she will be found soon...

If you're looking for an idea of the area, we are a very close community. Portsmouth, Middletown, and Newport, make up Aquidneck Island. The entire island is about 13 miles from tip to tip and 7 miles wide. It's the kind of place where you cannot go into a store and NOT see people you know. We all look out for each other, and if you grow up there, you never leave..or you leave temporarily..but you'll be back. There are 2 main roads that run parallel to each other throughout all three town. Also, there is one high school per town(grade 9-12), and one middle school per town(grade 5-8) and a few elementary schools for each town. Those are the public schools.

There are only 3 ways off the island...

The Newport(Pell) bridge which is a toll bridge, is on the middletown/newport line, and connects to Jamestown, RI. In order to reach a highway, you'd have to continue straight, over another small non toll bridge that connects Jamestown and South County (N Kingstown/Wickford area). There you merge with route 4 for a few miles before you can get off onto 95.

The mount hope bridge(Which is VERY close to where she was last seen) connects Portsmouth to Bristol, RI right in front of Roger Williams University. Once over that bridge, the road you would have to travel to get onto the highway is long and SLOW.. You'd have to cross over into Warren, RI near the Warren, RI/Seekonk, MA line.

The only other way off the island, other than personal boat/small personal plane, is over the Sakonnet bridge, which connects Portsmouth to Tiverton, RI and then into Fall River, MA..up route 24 and then continuing on 24 towards Boston, or splitting onto 195E towards the cape, or 195w towards Providence and the 95 split.

We DO have main street cameras on highways and in various parts of the island. In order to leave, he will pass at least one traffic cam. At 930am, traffic is dying down, and well..it's RI. It'd be much easier to pick out a red sebring in RI traffic footage, than say..NY..CT..MA..especially where we are located. Word travels fast in RI, and we all know someone who knows someone. On the island, I'm talking 1-2 degrees of separation.

I'll update as I think of more semi relevant area info. If you have any questions about the area, please feel free to ask.
    Last edited by JustBecause; 07-24-2013 at 05:14 PM. Reason: cleaning it up and adding

The mount hope bridge is only like 10-15 minutes to 195 through Bristol... Once on 195, it's 10 minutes to 95.. So I wouldn't say long and slow..25 minutes to go from mount hope to 95

Quote Originally Posted by BrianL42384 View Post
    The mount hope bridge is only like 10-15 minutes to 195 through Bristol... Once on 195, it's 10 minutes to 95.. So I wouldn't say long and slow..25 minutes to go from mount hope to 95
    195 to 95 isn't slow. Metacom ave. and the mount hope bridge are slow. Construction on the bridge has been stopped as of today, because a worker fell off of some scaffolding, and off the bridge yesterday.
    Getting from Mt. Hope to 195 going through Bristol and Warren can be a very slow moving short distance. Not the route I'd take if I wanted to get out of RI quickly.

*Added afterwards
    It's also the peak of tourist season in Newport, and the Pell bridge is $4 each way unless you have a RI EZPass. Then it's $.88 I believe. This causes slow moving traffic getting on/off.
    Last edited by JustBecause; 07-24-2013 at 05:26 PM. Reason: adding

Thank you Just!

So for all three bridges you have to pay? Would there be attendance, booths, or how is it done?

Ya.. You have to pay for all 3... And there obviously should be cameras at all of them since most people use ez pass

praying she is found

Quote Originally Posted by BrianL42384 View Post
    Ya.. You have to pay for all 3... And there obviously should be cameras at all of them since most people use ez pass
    Then hopefully they will have a lead already.

Landscaper Witnesses Portsmouth Girl's Disappearance

http://portsmouth.patch.com/groups/p...-disappearance

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast