1269 users online (229 members and 1040 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 45
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    17,856
    Quote Originally Posted by wasalurker View Post
    The canal is further.
    I must be looking at the wrong canal. There's water all over the damned place in Bolingbrook/Romeoville.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    17,856
    Quote Originally Posted by wasalurker View Post
    Yep I know what you mean and yep I would say so, but you never know....they could have gone into each others "backyard" so to speak. But I do think this is wayyyyyy closer to Stacy's house than Lisa's.

    JMOO

    ETA: I just recently moved from Bolingbrook so I do know the area fairly well. Hopefully I can give some help if needed.
    Do you happen to know a street for either woman off the top of your head? I can go digging through the old threads for it if you don't.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    492
    Here is a map from the Peterson home to Veterans Parkway in Romeoville. If I had put in Veterans Parkway in Bolingbrook, it would be even closer.

    http://tinyurl.com/l8ym9f4
    Eternally optimistic!

    Hoping to find:
    John Spira (Avatar picture of John)
    Bendetta "Beth" Bentley
    Tionda and Diamond Bradley

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,478
    Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    Do you happen to know a street for either woman off the top of your head? I can go digging through the old threads for it if you don't.
    Stacy and Drew lived at 6 Pheasant Chase Ct, Bolingbrook, IL 60440
    ___________

  5. #20
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    north carolina
    Posts
    1,667
    didn't Drew or Stacy's phone ping from that area? or he was in that area? i remember something about that.
    we need to encourage harder sentencing on those that are harming our children. our children are worth it!!

    stop the circus!! these children as all children deserve to be found and justice brought forth for what has happened to them!!


  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,478
    Lisa lived at 13244 Red Star Dr, Plainfield, IL
    ___________

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,478
    Quote Originally Posted by athy View Post
    didn't Drew or Stacy's phone ping from that area? or he was in that area? i remember something about that.
    This area is right by their house, (I'm telling ya it's like 5 minutes if even that) it's also near the coffee shop where he and Tom (his brother) had coffee that night when Drew left his phone with Tom and told him not to answer it if it rang.
    ___________

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by mandiedq View Post
    Here is a map from the Peterson home to Veterans Parkway in Romeoville. If I had put in Veterans Parkway in Bolingbrook, it would be even closer.

    http://tinyurl.com/l8ym9f4
    I think this got lost in the sauce. Here's the map.

    Eternally optimistic!

    Hoping to find:
    John Spira (Avatar picture of John)
    Bendetta "Beth" Bentley
    Tionda and Diamond Bradley

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,478
    Quote Originally Posted by mandiedq View Post
    I think this got lost in the sauce. Here's the map.

    If you used 392 Pheasant Chase Dr that was Kathleens house. Stacy's is 6 Pheasant Chase Ct but they are close (super close....like go to the corner of Stacy's block turn to the left and you are looking at Kathleens house down the street close)

    On that map if you go up Veterans Pkwy to where it meets with Weber - that is the airport area for Clow.

    But Drews ultralight was not at Clow it was at Cushing in Sheridan, IL from what I remember. however, you can actually walk from their house to the back end of the airport.

    I am searching for what I did with a video my DH and I shot going from Kathleen's to Stacy's and the airport so you can see what I mean. If I find it I will post it here. The map makes it seem longer than it actually is.

    ETA: If you go to "B" and then go up just a little - see that grey area? That's the back end of the airport that you can walk to from Kathleens and/or Stacy's. That is how close the airport is to their houses.
    Last edited by wasalurker; 07-24-2013 at 10:40 PM.
    ___________

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    17,856
    Okay, here's all three locations on one map. http://goo.gl/maps/bdpPA

    B is approximate location of the remains. I used the intersection of Veteran's Parkway and Crossroads Parkway, which is probably too far into Romeoville.

    A is Petersen (6 Pheasant Chase Ct, Bolingbrook, IL 60440) -- 3.1 miles to where the remains were found, straight down Veteran's Parkway.

    C is Stebic (13244 Red Star Dr, Plainfield, IL) -- 9.7 miles to where the remains were found. It's fairly direct, but apparently you can't get off I-55 where Veteran's Parkway intersects, so you'd need to get off at an earlier exit and wander through the industrial park. Entirely possible. There are also several direct routes using side streets.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)


  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,478
    Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    Okay, here's all three locations on one map. http://goo.gl/maps/bdpPA

    B is approximate location of the remains. I used the intersection of Veteran's Parkway and Crossroads Parkway, which is probably too far into Romeoville.

    A is Petersen (6 Pheasant Chase Ct, Bolingbrook, IL 60440) -- 3.1 miles to where the remains were found, straight down Veteran's Parkway.

    C is Stebic (13244 Red Star Dr, Plainfield, IL) -- 9.7 miles to where the remains were found. It's fairly direct, but apparently you can't get off I-55 where Veteran's Parkway intersects, so you'd need to get off at an earlier exit and wander through the industrial park. Entirely possible. There are also several direct routes using side streets.

    Thank you - that's great. However, if the Bolingbrook LE are the ones investigating and it was near the Bolingbrook/Romeoville border it will probably be the other side of I55 from what you are showing. Back it up just a little. You would probably not cross I-55 as that would be Romeoville. If it's the industrial area I'm thinking of there is alot of "open" area that had not been totally developed yet, and other buildings that had businesses that open/closed, etc.

    And no you cannot exit/enter I-55 from Veteran's Pkwy. It would have to be Weber Rd or Rt 53 (you would backtrack from Rt 53) because those are the two exits.
    ___________

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,478
    I'm out for the night - I'll catch up tomorrow and help out in anyway I can. Hopefully we get more info soon.
    ___________

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    7,875
    The problem I have with it being Stacy (if they are human remains) is that I remember reading that a blue drum was missing from Drew Peterson's garage and that his brother said he helped dispose of the drum and thinks it was Stacy in it. I don't see mention of the bones being in something like a drum.
    Cindi Lou


    Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    17,856
    Quote Originally Posted by wasalurker View Post
    Thank you - that's great. However, if the Bolingbrook LE are the ones investigating and it was near the Bolingbrook/Romeoville border it will probably be the other side of I55 from what you are showing. Back it up just a little. You would probably not cross I-55 as that would be Romeoville. If it's the industrial area I'm thinking of there is alot of "open" area that had not been totally developed yet, and other buildings that had businesses that open/closed, etc.

    And no you cannot exit/enter I-55 from Veteran's Pkwy. It would have to be Weber Rd or Rt 53 (you would backtrack from Rt 53) because those are the two exits.
    I'll tweak that tomorrow and add the airports, too.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    17,856
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleuthster View Post
    The problem I have with it being Stacy (if they are human remains) is that I remember reading that a blue drum was missing from Drew Peterson's garage and that his brother said he helped dispose of the drum and thinks it was Stacy in it. I don't see mention of the bones being in something like a drum.
    Well, after all this time, a barrel could have ruptured or been broken open.

    Or maybe the whole tale of the blue drum was a red herring to divert attention from a much simpler disposal.

    Or if there was a blue drum, I can see that they might want to keep that hush-hush for now, to avoid the media frenzy if nothing else. They released practically no information.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-28-2014, 09:50 AM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-04-2013, 02:18 PM
  3. Resolved TX - Ector Co., Skeletal remains, Feb'12 - Animal bones
    By Kimster in forum Identified!
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-15-2012, 08:06 PM
  4. Replies: 110
    Last Post: 04-24-2010, 01:53 AM