933 users online (106 members and 827 guests)  

Websleuths News

Cops aren't buying the artistic value of "art night" at Erotic City

Police raided the Boise bar Monday night for violating the city's nudity ordinance, which requires that dancers wear at least pasties and a thong unless they are engaging in a performance with "serious artistic merit." The club had tried to beat the ordinance by distributing pencils and sketch pads to patrons during special twice-weekly "art nights," when the dancers performed nude.

"It's actually pretty clear in the city ordinance that there are exemptions for dance and theater and artistic merits, but the law also clearly states that the exemption does not apply to adult businesses," said police spokeswoman Lynn Hightower. "If it were an art studio and models were actually posing, that would be one thing. But these women weren't posing. They were dancing."

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/news/biz...strippers.html

[QUOTE=Casshew]The club had tried to beat the ordinance by distributing pencils and sketch pads to patrons during special twice-weekly "art nights," when the dancers performed nude.

Oh my, that is funny actually. Boy, we will try anything to beat the system..

This post is my opinion only, and is subject to making me look totally confused

Poor cops. Can't catch a break. Having to go and arrest those nekkid women.

..."But these women weren't posing. They were dancing."
    Aww, come on- it's called Dynamic, or Gesture drawing.

I read about this club using the loophole a couple months ago. Apparently, the cops did, too. Both my husband and I, being art school grads and one-time "models" found it amusing. Honestly, some of the models we had in class were a lot more scary than anything one would find in a strip club.
    Making no mistakes is what establishes the certainty of victory, for it means conquering an enemy that is already defeated. -Sun Tzu