1571 users online (364 members and 1207 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

WI - Jessica Blodgett, 19, found strangled in her bed, Hartford

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...m_hp_ref=crime

Blodgett went to a cast party for a local production of "Fiddler on the Roof" on July 14, returning to the home she shared with her parents at about 1 a.m. July 15.

Her mother told police she briefly went into her daughter's room at about 8 a.m. that same day and did not notice anything wrong. When she stopped home after work around noon, she went into the bedroom and noticed her daughter was dead, according to WITI.

Investigators noted a ligature mark around Blodgett's neck, but no rope or cord anywhere nearby that could have caused the mark.
    Hartford police have now announced they are investigating the death of Jessie Blodgett, 19, as a homicide, WISN 12 reported Monday.

Oh my!!!

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

A 46 yr old man... Hmmm

Hmm, certainly an odd one

Good morning. I grew up in Hartford and currently live just outside of town. This is absolutely shocking for this small town. WISN, the ABC Milwaukee affiliate is advertising that Good Morning America will do a segment on Jessie Friday morning.

A few years ago I saw Jessie perform at the high school talent show; what a beautiful, talented young lady she was. My heart goes out to her parents and all who knew and loved her.

Quote Originally Posted by Sconnie View Post
    Good morning. I grew up in Hartford and currently live just outside of town. This is absolutely shocking for this small town. WISN, the ABC Milwaukee affiliate is advertising that Good Morning America will do a segment on Jessie Friday morning.

A few years ago I saw Jessie perform at the high school talent show; what a beautiful, talented young lady she was. My heart goes out to her parents and all who knew and loved her.
    Welcome Sconnie!

I couldn't even begin to fathom anything more horrifying. Poor girl and her family.
    Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that one animal their world is changed forever! -Unknown

So... the 46 yo man is questioned by police over the recent murder of a beautiful teenaged girl he'd been canoodling with.

And his -main concern- appears to be that his regular girlfriend doesn't find out about the canoodling?

What?

Yeah I'd be eyeballing that guy hard. And lining my size 9 boot up with his rear anyway, just in case he didn't kill her.

Sconnie, a murder like this affects the whole community.. I'm so sorry this happened in yours. Jessie looks a great deal like my own daughter, it was a bit of a shock actually, looking at her picture. Such a lovely child, so talented. Her family must be just devastated, and beyond even that.

http://www.**************/869373/jess...er-cast-party/

This link includes an interview with her father and also a video of Jessie singing.
    What a sweet girl.
    "Crack up the music and dance!"

So I am wondering if Jesse had passed away befor her mother went into her room around 8am and she just thought she was sleeping. Or if she was murdered well her mother was at work.

Quote Originally Posted by giagreen View Post
    So I am wondering if Jesse had passed away befor her mother went into her room around 8am and she just thought she was sleeping. Or if she was murdered well her mother was at work.
    Giagreen, that is such a good question. I am trying to find the link that stated she was on the Internet until 3:00 or 3:30 a.m., but I am on vacation and unable to find things on my iPad as well as I would like to. I know it was an article posted on wisn.com earlier this week.

Anyway, in my opinion, whoever did this had to be pretty certain she was asleep as there was not a commotion to wake her parents. I also believe (moo) that this person was familiar with her house and the location of her bedroom. How would he know when she actually went to bed, or did he wait for her parents to leave for work the next morning?

That last post didn't come out very clearly; let me try again, and of course this is all my opinion only.

If it happened prior to her mom entering her room, then he managed to enter the house and her room without alerting her parents. That leads me to believe he knew when she was asleep, and he also knew the location of her room.

If he waited until her parents went to work, he didn't have to be concerned with waking anyone else up, so I am thinking it happened between 8:00 a.m. and noon. If that is the case, though I have to wonder if he was familiar with her parents work schedules. At this point, it was broad daylight and they don't live in a secluded area.

I think it happened after her mom went to work; there was too much risk of being caught while her parents were home.

Maybe there will be more answers on GMA tomorrow morning. I do have faith that the local police are working diligently on this case.

MOO

Quote Originally Posted by Sconnie View Post
    That last post didn't come out very clearly; let me try again, and of course this is all my opinion only.

If it happened prior to her mom entering her room, then he managed to enter the house and her room without alerting her parents. That leads me to believe he knew when she was asleep, and he also knew the location of her room.

If he waited until her parents went to work, he didn't have to be concerned with waking anyone else up, so I am thinking it happened between 8:00 a.m. and noon. If that is the case, though I have to wonder if he was familiar with her parents work schedules. At this point, it was broad daylight and they don't live in a secluded area.

I think it happened after her mom went to work; there was too much risk of being caught while her parents were home.

Maybe there will be more answers on GMA tomorrow morning. I do have faith that the local police are working diligently on this case.

MOO
    Perhaps she let whoever it was in.

This is heartwrenching. Such a beautiful and talented young lady.

Jessie obviously liked to read, and was keeping up. She just added a friend in July.

http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1...essie-blodgett

Prayers to her beloved family. I am so sorry.

Dedication page, 'Fiddler on the Roof':

http://www.hartfordplayersltd.com/tickets.html

They really need to change the following statement in the above-linked dedication page:

" Jessie was a fierce advocate for male against female violence, social justice, sustainable living, and environmentalism."

to something like:

"Jessie was outspoken against domestic violence and a fierce advocate for social justice, sustainable living and environmentalism."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast