WI - Jessica Blodgett, 19, raped & murdered, Hartford, 15 July 2013

Fluttershy

Reaction score
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...-in-bed-death_n_3645573.html?utm_hp_ref=crime

article-2375756-1AF6ED1A000005DC-277_634x452.jpg

Blodgett went to a cast party for a local production of "Fiddler on the Roof" on July 14, returning to the home she shared with her parents at about 1 a.m. July 15.

Her mother told police she briefly went into her daughter's room at about 8 a.m. that same day and did not notice anything wrong. When she stopped home after work around noon, she went into the bedroom and noticed her daughter was dead, according to WITI.

Investigators noted a ligature mark around Blodgett's neck, but no rope or cord anywhere nearby that could have caused the mark.

Hartford police have now announced they are investigating the death of Jessie Blodgett, 19, as a homicide, WISN 12 reported Monday.

Good morning. I grew up in Hartford and currently live just outside of town. This is absolutely shocking for this small town. WISN, the ABC Milwaukee affiliate is advertising that Good Morning America will do a segment on Jessie Friday morning.

A few years ago I saw Jessie perform at the high school talent show; what a beautiful, talented young lady she was. My heart goes out to her parents and all who knew and loved her.

Good morning. I grew up in Hartford and currently live just outside of town. This is absolutely shocking for this small town. WISN, the ABC Milwaukee affiliate is advertising that Good Morning America will do a segment on Jessie Friday morning.

A few years ago I saw Jessie perform at the high school talent show; what a beautiful, talented young lady she was. My heart goes out to her parents and all who knew and loved her.

:seeya: Welcome Sconnie!

I couldn't even begin to fathom anything more horrifying. Poor girl and her family.

So... the 46 yo man is questioned by police over the recent murder of a beautiful teenaged girl he'd been canoodling with.

And his -main concern- appears to be that his regular girlfriend doesn't find out about the canoodling?

What?

Yeah I'd be eyeballing that guy hard. And lining my size 9 boot up with his rear anyway, just in case he didn't kill her.

Sconnie, a murder like this affects the whole community.. I'm so sorry this happened in yours. Jessie looks a great deal like my own daughter, it was a bit of a shock actually, looking at her picture. Such a lovely child, so talented. Her family must be just devastated, and beyond even that.

http://www./869373/jessie-blodgett-teen-actress-found-dead-after-cast-party/

This link includes an interview with her father and also a video of Jessie singing.
What a sweet girl.

So I am wondering if Jesse had passed away befor her mother went into her room around 8am and she just thought she was sleeping. Or if she was murdered well her mother was at work.

So I am wondering if Jesse had passed away befor her mother went into her room around 8am and she just thought she was sleeping. Or if she was murdered well her mother was at work.

Giagreen, that is such a good question. I am trying to find the link that stated she was on the Internet until 3:00 or 3:30 a.m., but I am on vacation and unable to find things on my iPad as well as I would like to. I know it was an article posted on wisn.com earlier this week.

Anyway, in my opinion, whoever did this had to be pretty certain she was asleep as there was not a commotion to wake her parents. I also believe (moo) that this person was familiar with her house and the location of her bedroom. How would he know when she actually went to bed, or did he wait for her parents to leave for work the next morning?

That last post didn't come out very clearly; let me try again, and of course this is all my opinion only.

If it happened prior to her mom entering her room, then he managed to enter the house and her room without alerting her parents. That leads me to believe he knew when she was asleep, and he also knew the location of her room.

If he waited until her parents went to work, he didn't have to be concerned with waking anyone else up, so I am thinking it happened between 8:00 a.m. and noon. If that is the case, though I have to wonder if he was familiar with her parents work schedules. At this point, it was broad daylight and they don't live in a secluded area.

I think it happened after her mom went to work; there was too much risk of being caught while her parents were home.

Maybe there will be more answers on GMA tomorrow morning. I do have faith that the local police are working diligently on this case.

MOO

That last post didn't come out very clearly; let me try again, and of course this is all my opinion only.

If it happened prior to her mom entering her room, then he managed to enter the house and her room without alerting her parents. That leads me to believe he knew when she was asleep, and he also knew the location of her room.

If he waited until her parents went to work, he didn't have to be concerned with waking anyone else up, so I am thinking it happened between 8:00 a.m. and noon. If that is the case, though I have to wonder if he was familiar with her parents work schedules. At this point, it was broad daylight and they don't live in a secluded area.

I think it happened after her mom went to work; there was too much risk of being caught while her parents were home.

Maybe there will be more answers on GMA tomorrow morning. I do have faith that the local police are working diligently on this case.

MOO

Perhaps she let whoever it was in.

They really need to change the following statement in the above-linked dedication page:

" Jessie was a fierce advocate for male against female violence, social justice, sustainable living, and environmentalism."

to something like:

"Jessie was outspoken against domestic violence and a fierce advocate for social justice, sustainable living and environmentalism."

A lot of the comments the father makes are strange and even with context still sound off to me. I am not sure if he is trying to attempt to send a message to the person who did the crime because they have an idea of who it might be...or whether he is attempting to deflect blame? It could also be bad editing that makes his statements seem strange...you never know with the media at times...

It just seems so odd...how could a person get in and out with her family at home? It's not like she was a little child who could be easily subdued...unless the killer knocked her out. The ligature marks must have been barely noticeable until autopsy for them to take this long to look at the crime as a homicide.

All in my opinion only but dad looks suspicious as to me...I hope I am wrong about that...but the 46 year old connection seems like a long shot but without knowing all the facts I am really only guessing. Dad might just be struggling with grief but you don't see any real tears from him...from the outside it seems off. Be interesting to see how this develops and I hope whoever killed poor Jessie is found soon... :-(

Being gramatically correct is probably the last thing on her parents' mind right now.

I have to wonder if she had an ex or current boyfriend who was a bit possessive. Somebody she'd rejected, or who'd throw a fit about her sitting in somebody else's lap at that party.

I dare say police are checking her phone for texts and recent calls, etc.

You never know what goes on behind the doors of people's homes, but I would find it very hard to believe a father would murder his own 19 yo daughter unless there was a very long history of incestual abuse/massive mental issues with the dad/etc, etc. Surely -somebody- would have an idea of his being unstable that way, if this was the case.. and there's been no mention of anything like that at all, so I'm sticking with suspects outside the family.

Hopefully there's some good leads coming soon, and whoever the killer is, he's brought to justice swiftly.

Does anyne belong to that goodreads site? I'm not familiar with it, but I am sure it is coincidental, but Jessie added a friend on the very day of July 14th.

Again coinkydink no doubt, but it didn't appear she was real active on there and her last books were in October and then she adds someone. I just wondered how that worked. The site I mean.

TIA

So do we think someone came home with her, or that someone came into the house later?
I the latter, do you think that Jessie let them in, or that they got in by themselves?

I'd love to hear people's thoughts on this.

They really need to change the following statement in the above-linked dedication page:

" Jessie was a fierce advocate for male against female violence, social justice, sustainable living, and environmentalism."

to something like:

"Jessie was outspoken against domestic violence and a fierce advocate for social justice, sustainable living and environmentalism."

IMHO Typically females don't think in terms of female against male DV. Esp. if they themselves have been abused by a male. I wonder if she may have witnessed or experienced M against F violence and therefore became a fierce advocate. Being an advocate suggests she was actively working to help victims.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back