1288 users online (204 members and 1084 guests)  

Websleuths News

S.F. philanthropist found dead in Nevada

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/articl...da-4684792.php

Nevada authorities are investigating the death of a San Francisco philanthropist and businesswoman whose body was found in an apartment building near Carson City.

The body of Amber Marie Bently, 34, was discovered by a process server delivering an eviction notice July 19 at an apartment in the town of Gardnerville, about 16 miles south of Carson City, authorities said.

Sgt. Pat Brooks of the Douglas County Sheriff's Office said an autopsy showed there was no evidence of criminal activity, foul play or suicide, and that toxicology results should be completed in six to eight weeks. Bently had apparently been dead for several weeks, he said.

More at link.....

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

Hmm. Wealthy, young and apparently healthy, separated but not quite divorced, beautiful woman. Dead for weeks but not missed by anyone who might report her missing.

The quotes from the ex would please the pickiest public relations attaché.

Thanks for sharing this, Reader!

I searched for other articles about Amber's death. I found old magazine stuff and social pages and business info but not one single mention of her untimely death anywhere other than the article posted two days ago by Reader.

According to this piece, she was mentally ill.

http://burners.me/2013/07/24/breakin...ead-in-nevada/

Quote Originally Posted by i.b.nora View Post
    According to this piece, she was mentally ill.

http://burners.me/2013/07/24/breakin...ead-in-nevada/
    Very informative article, worth the read. Most new info is in the last half. It's a long article.

Quote Originally Posted by TGIRecovered View Post
    Very informative article, worth the read. Most new info is in the last half. It's a long article.
    The comments are interesting as well.