AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe , 15 June 2013 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatFancier

Former Member
Reaction score
2585759_G.jpg

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/22605864/2013/06/16/missing-adrienne-salinas

AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas Media and Timeline Thread **NO DISCUSSION** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Previous Threads
Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4

Please continue here and remember the rules. You can find them right here: The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community AND don't overlook these!!!!

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civl and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

MINORS: Websleuths.com™ does not allow the naming of, or photographs of, minors (children under the age of 18) on the Site unless the child is a missing or deceased person or where law enforcement has identified the minor as a perpetrator of a crime and the minor will be tried as an adult. If a missing child is found and it is learned that such minor was the victim of child exploitation, references to the child’s name and likeness will be removed, and further posting of such information will not be allowed.

Thanks,

Cat

Just a reminder...

No one has been named a suspect or person of interest. Sleuthing and discussing anyone as such is not allowed. You can discuss anyone that has been named in main stream media or thru law enforcement. Rumor is not allowed. You can speculate but only with what is known at this time.

If you would like to be verified as a professional poster, such as an insider/local, doctor, lawyer, chemist, or whatever your profession, then please do the following:
Email Websleuths at : wsverify@xmission.com
In your email please include:
*The case
*Your Websleuths name
*Your real name
*Your phone number and a good time to call
In the subject line put either the case you are interested in or the profession you wish to verify.

Thank you!

MAY I HAVE EVERYONE'S ATTENTION PLEASE

Thank you. I just got off the phone with Sargent Pooley of the Tempe Police Department.

While Sargent Pooley appreciates your concern and willingness to help it is not necessary to call him. He cannot give you any more information that what has already been given out to the press.

Please, PLEASE DO NOT CALL SGT POOLEY or anyone involved in the case. Remember it is against our Terms of Service so even if you do call either Sargent Pooley or someone else in the case you can't post about it.

We have to enforce this rule very strictly. We can't control who you call or speak with but we can stop you from posting about it on Websleuths.

If we allowed posters to randomly call the police/witnesses/friends/family and then post about it can you imagine the chaos?

If we let one poster do it we have to let everyone do it and that's why it is against the rules.

Also Sargent Pooley wanted me to reiterate the following:

The Cab Driver's story matches up with his GPS, his cellphone pings, and everything else he has given the police. He did not go anywhere that night other than what he told the police. His GPS backs up his story as do the cellphone pings.

While no one is ever cleared the Cab Driver is not high on their list since his story checks out.

Please remember the last thing anyone involved in any case needs is a stranger calling them up to find out information. It's just not a good thing to do.

Thank you.

Tricia Griffith
Co-Owner Websleuths.com

Bringing this over.

i know of a case here in san diego where a guy went missing. i spoke to his wife about the case and she was completely lost as to what to do. i told her that a lot of people start missing persons fb pages and most often search parties are organized to try and locate the missing person. well, after LE told her that basically he'd be back in a few days and didn't really believe that there was an accident, etc.. they told her to delete all posts she had made on fb regarding him and to not post a single thing about him, including missing persons posters, on social media. he ended up being found alive a few days later.. but i'm still in the dark as to what happened (all i've seen is that people posted that they hope he has/had a speedy recovery)and nothing was ever released in the news because news stations couldn't get any information out of LE either. totally weird to me.

the public can be the best tool in finding a missing person. the public at large out numbers LE and we work for free! i just don't understand how it's fair to missing people to not get public involved. i'd usually say "well, maybe they don't want to release certain information because it might risk the investigation" but if even LE thinks the case is going cold?? what can it hurt??

I have little issue with LE keeping compelling/incriminating information close to the vest (i.e. blood found at a scene, etc.). It's needed much of the time to ensure that a successful prosecution can be obtained, as well as to confirm/rule out suspects during interrogations. However, I do have an issue with LE not clarifying any inconsistencies in the information they DO release, or the information released by the press or other involved actors, as it only muddies the information that the public uses to data mine, analyze, theorize, and (hopefully) assist.

Having said this, there is zero reason that I can think of for LE not to address the relevance - or lack thereof - of the OReillys video, or to even release it for that matter. If they are indeed interested in that car or that young lady walking, then the public needs to see it. If they have rulled it out, then they need to state it in no uncertain terms.

How bout we all start with where LE left off? The only *possible* contact near AS beyond the cabbie or anyone she knew that has been cleared was that dark crown Vic in the video. I believe they released that video for a reason.

So I've found 3 abduction cases involving crown victorias: 1 in TX in 2012 and 1 in FL July 16, 2013 both matching same suspect/car

And 1 in mesa, AZ this past April (albeit the crown Vic was gold)

A mod should probably bump Tricia's post over to the new thread as well.

For her to have disappeared off the street in a matter of minutes, she had to get into a vehicle of some kind either against her will or of her own choosing, IMO.

From her last known point working outwards in a, say, one mile radius in all directions, what are all the cam sites (ATMs, banks, gas stations, pharmacies, etc) in every direction?

At this point, IMO, we have to look at every vehicle going down every street in a five minute or so time frame fanning out from her last known location if possible... and i don't see how it IS possible.. but perhaps there is at least ONE MORE video camera someplace LE hasn't gotten footage from yet.... I don't see where or how, but maybe... :please:

IMO, even the best-intentioned LE does not do a great job with missing persons cases, as they focus too much on keeping things secret/from the public for too long, maybe by instinct, and often release what info they have too late to be of much use, if ever. People are self-absorbed, these days more than ever, and do not remember details from weeks or months prior about things that do not concern them personally.

I do think LE means well...but thinking too much about evidence and future court cases can hinder actually finding the person, which should be the first object.

So. Did he just c ruise through and leave forever, or drive out of cam view and park and call her a few more times, or what? Is that the WHOLE video or do they have more from 5:05ish? Still too much I want to know about the video. Now I have to go watch it again..

Saturday, June 15th:
10:00pm (Friday night) – 5:00am (Saturday morning) – Length of the party at Adrienne’s apartment (17).

2:30am – “Last seen by roommates” when she left to go to boyfriend’s home (1). Her apartment is on Brown & Hardy (as relayed to us by WS members Goblinsolo & 2Hip2BSquare, found by watching news videos and doing a visual of the apartments in the area) previous reports reported her apartment as being on Ash Avenue (6) *There is a discrepancy here as there was a roommate that did see her after the argument with the boyfriend occurred and Adrienne returned home. Time has been updated to reflect time of 2:30am, as indicated on Nancy Grace show. The boyfriend told LE that Adrienne was upset with him for talking to other people at the party and not paying enough attention to her. He said Adrienne asked him to leave but later followed him to his car and said she wanted him to drive her to Scottsdale so they could talk more. The argument continued during the drive and at his home (14). Arteaga said they continued to argue about their relationship, even when they arrived at his house, police said. Arteaga said during their argument inside the house, he stepped out to get some air and when he came back, Salinas was gone, police said. Arteaga said he found Salinas walking toward Indian School Road and told her he would take her home (16). So he gave her a ride to 5th Street & Mill Avenue where she jumped out of his car and walked the rest of the way home (14).

3:22am - Adrienne’s boyfriend called one of her roommates to tell the roommate that Adrienne was walking home so she could meet her (15). The roommate, Rebecca Flores, told LE she went out on her bike to look for Adrienne but didn’t find her until she (Rebecca) returned back to the apartment.

3:30am – Rebecca said that Adrienne was “calmly upset” over the argument with her boyfriend (13) also reported in source (17). After Adrienne & Rebecca spoke outside on the grass, Adrienne went upstairs to her room and packed a small bag but Rebecca didn’t see Adrienne leave (13). Adrienne told her roommates that she was going to go back to the boyfriend’s home & she packed an overnight bag (17).

3:35 - 3:40am – According to police timeline, this is the time that Adrienne packed her bag and drove away. Two people reported seeing her drive away from her apartment at 3:40 (17).

3:44am – Police received a 911 call that Adrienne’s car had hit a median at Ash & Rio Salado Parkway. Passerby saw car driving erratically behind her, so she moved over and let the car pass. (4) The witness said the car passed her near the Rio Salado Parkway and struck a curb, flattening both the driver's-side tires.. the car sped off before the witness could check on the driver (13). Adrienne’s car was then driven less than a mile to Brown and Roosevelt. Police say that from there, she walked a ¼ mile back to her apartment where she changed clothes, leaving behind her wallet and keys. (9) Witness says “they” in her 911 call. Operator asked how many people she thought was in the car and the witness said she thought there were two, she thought she saw one in the passenger seat. (10).

APPROX 3:47am – Adrienne’s car could have reached the location it was parked after being crashed. The distance from the crash site to the abandoned vehicle is .5 miles. (18)

APPROX 3:54am – This is about the time that Adrienne could have arrived at her house after parking her crashed car. Walking from the abandoned car location to her apartment is .4 miles and would take about 7 minutes to walk. (18)

4:10-4:17am – Adrienne’s cell phone called the boyfriend 11 times, but he didn’t answer. (4 & 17)

4:10-4:50am – Per NG show, there were 32 calls from Adrienne to her BF during this time. See GGE’s transcriptions. BF tells LE he was sleeping during this time (17).
[unknown time] Adrienne called the cab company and it’s believed that she left a message and dispatch called her back. See 4:23 time. (NG show).

4:23-4:26am – It was originally believed that Adrienne called the cab company requesting to be picked up at AMPM. Nearest driver was about 20 minutes away. Cab driver’s name is Tom (11). Time of call was 3 minutes, according to NG show. Cab driver’s father changed information and said that the 4:23 call was from taxi dispatch to Adrienne’s phone. Per cab driver’s father, Adrienne’s call could have come in to the taxi company before then and she left a message, so dispatch called her back at 4:23, the call was then a 3 minute call (NG show). Police timeline says that she called for a cab at 4:23 (17).

4:30am – Person driving to work found naked woman’s body in the street. Not sure if this is related. Near McClintock and Baseline. (2) – this woman has since been identified and her boyfriend has been arrested for murder. Still unknown if related to Adrienne’s disappearance, but I’m keeping this on the timeline just in case, because of the timing.

4:37am – Cab Company calls Adrienne back, call lasts 3 minutes (NG show timeline).

4:43am – Text sent from Adrienne’s phone to boyfriend’s phone said she was going to his house. (17)

4:52am – A slender woman was seen in the west parking lot of O’Reilly’s Auto Parts on the surveillance cameras . Address is 1002 W. University Ave. (12) It has not been confirmed whether or not the woman seen is Adrienne.

4:53am – Cab driver called Adrienne and she told him that she was on her way there. According to police timeline released by MSM, the cab driver called Adrienne at this time when he couldn’t find her at the convenience store at Hardy & University. She says she’s on her way. (17)

4:53am – WS member “Cab Guy” stated in a post that Adrienne called the cabbie (not the other way around) (22)

4:54am – A dark 4 door vehicle was seen heading northbound in the O’Reillys parking lot 2 minutes later on the surveillance cameras (12).

5:00am – Party at Adrienne’s apartment ended (17).

5:00am – Last seen near Brown & Roosevelt streets. (3) Another reports states last seen at this location at 4:30am (7) -- not sure who she was last seen BY, or if this goes off pings, but this is also the same location her car was found.

5:00am - AMPM surveillance released shows timestamps of cabbie in front of AMPM (23)

APPROX 5:01am – approximate time she could have left her apartment, if we’re to take her “I’ll be there in a minute” call literally. Distance from her apartment to AMPM is .3 miles, or 6 minutes walking. (18)

5:01am – WS member “Cab Guy” stated in a post that raw video showed Tom arriving at 5:01am. (22)

5:04am – Cab driver (Tom) called Adrienne to make sure she was headed to the gas station. (11)

5:05am - Cab driver (Tom) called Adrienne to make sure she was headed to the gas station (again). (11) Previous reports indicated: Police said Adrienne called a cab company, but the cabbie couldn’t find her at a Tempe convenience store. (4) “Salinas asked for a driver to meet her at the AMPM gas station at the intersection of Hardy & University. Investigators told CBS 5 she never made it there” (5). LE saw surveillance of cab driver at AMPM but there was no sign of Adrienne there. LE subsequently questioned the cab driver and searched his home. AMPM is less than ¼ mile from Adrienne’s apartment. (9)

5:05am – WS member “Cab Guy” stated in a post that Tom called Adrienne at this time to tell her that he was almost there (21).

5:06am – Adrienne called the cab driver (Tom) saying she’d be there in a minute.

5:07am – Cab driver (Tom) called Adrienne again, looking for her, but the phone went to voicemail. (11) Her phone was turned off (1) or died (8).

Sunday, June 16th:
2:00pm – AS’s father found her car two blocks away from her apartment. (8)
Her Father called LE that afternoon (8), after going to her apartment to check on her and finding the door unlocked. He was very concerned because she hadn’t called him for Father’s Day (20).

Other known info:
According to news reports, BF & Cabbie have both been cleared by LE (17).
Per Admin Tricia: Also Sargent Pooley wanted me to reiterate the following: The Cab Driver's story matches up with his GPS, his cellphone pings, and everything else he has given the police. He did not go anywhere that night other than what he told the police. His GPS backs up his story as do the cellphone pings. While no one is ever cleared the Cab Driver is not high on their list since his story checks out. (19)
After leaving her disabled car, she walked less than a ¼ mile to her home and changed clothes and left again, leaving her wallet and keys behind. (9)
LE has questioned the cab driver and searched his home. Say he’s not a suspect at this time. (9) LE also took a DNA sample from cab driver (11).
LE did a sweep of Tempe Town Lake and found nothing. (9)
LE says that BF has been cleared and has fully cooperated. (10)
Cab procedures: "In a place like this, they would get out, look around, make sure the person wasn't in the store," Simon said. He said his son did just that but never saw Salinas. (11)
Francisco Arteaga told police Salinas was upset with him after a party at her apartment because she felt he “was not paying enough attention to her,” according to the report. (13)
Adrienne has a small dog that she never leaves home without bringing it or making sure someone will care for it while she’s gone (13).
The police report said Adrienne had no source of income and that her father gave her money for her living expenses, including $10 for gas a few days before she vanished. (14)
Adrienne only had one set of car keys for her car (NG show)
No one saw her return to the apartment after her accident (NG show).
Sgt. Pooley said that there were things on the passenger seat and back seats that indicate to them that there was only one person in the car, the driver (NG show).
News footage of BF: http://www.azcentral.com/community/tempe/articles/20130624missing-tempe-woman-reward.html
News footage of roommate: http://www.kpho.com/story/22676371/tempe-teen-still-missing-week-and-a-half-later

1: http://www.azcentral.com/community/...ching-missing-tempe-woman.html?nclick_check=1
2: http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/22601008/police-naked-body-of-woman-found-in-tempe-street
3: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...-missing-woman-Adrienne-Salinas#ixzz2WWHosmWu
4: http://www.azcentral.com/community/...sing-tempe-student-search-continues-abrk.html
5: http://www.kpho.com/story/22627002/...red?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
6: https://photos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s720x720/9109_599855283368143_1108049287_n.jpg
7: http://www.tempe.gov/index.aspx?page=31&recordid=1579
8: http://www.azcentral.com/community/tempe/articles/20130624missing-tempe-woman-reward.html
9: http://www.kpho.com/story/22687012/...teen-makes-emotional-plea-for-her-safe-return
10: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...friends-step-up-search-for-missing-Tempe-girl
11: http://kpho.membercenter.worldnow.c...cab-company-called-by-missing-teen-speaks-out
12: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/18/adrienne-salinas-missing_n_3618785.html
13: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...linas-left-home-after-argument-with-boyfriend
14: http://www.azcentral.com/community/...tempe-missing-woman-friends-family-vigil.html
15: http://www.azfamily.com/news/Missing-Tempe-teen-new-information--215943951.html
16: http://www.kpho.com/story/22869930/police-report-sheds-light-prior-to-tempe-teens-disappearance
17: http://www.azcentral.com/community/...mystery-deepens-case-missing-tempe-woman.html
18: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe , 15 June 2013 - #4
19: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe , 15 June 2013 - #4
20: http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/07/24/adrienne-salinas-mystery-missing-tempe-teen
21: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe , 15 June 2013 - #4
22: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe , 15 June 2013 - #4
23: Cab driver ruled out as suspect in Tempe teen's disappearance - YouTube

***PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL TIMES IN PURPLE ARE APPROXIMATE TIMES, GOING OFF OF DISTANCES FROM VARIOUS POINTS AND BASING THOSE TIMES OFF OF TIMES PROVIDED TO US FROM LE/MSM. THEY ARE NOT TO BE MISTAKEN AS FACTUAL TIMES, BUT MERELY AN AID TO UNDERSTANDING APPROXIMATE TIMES THAT THESE THINGS COULD HAVE OCCURRED. ALL PURPLE TIMES ARE IMO. TIMES IN ORANGE ARE UN-VERIFIED TIMES PROVIDED BY SOMEONE WHO HAS YET TO BE VERIFIED ON WS.***

And I agree there HAVE to be cams at that circle K where I believe, IMO, she got another ride from the crown Vic seen in the video driving NE through the Oreilly's parking lot.

Sunrise was 5:18 am on the day she went missing, so it would be partially light at 5:00 but not really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member