WA - Attorney General - Sex Offender must not be released!

cocomod

Reaction score
http://www.keprtv.com/news/local/WA...-not-be-released-216877031.html?tab=video&c=y

KENNEWICK, Wash. -- His crimes are so violent, they're difficult to read, let alone imagine. Stephen Robinson, 56, is deemed a violent predator, who in his own words “will seek out and gets what he likes” when released. He’s set for release on Friday and if he's freed, he promises he will quote "disappear and it will be ugly."

On Friday, the state's Attorney General’s office will petition a Benton County Judge to stop Robinson's release. Instead, they will ask for a civil commitment. It's an obscure law that Washington passed in the 1990's, and was first state in the union to do so.

:scared:
Robinson told a therapist, if he raped again he'd be more likely to murder the child because “kids are more likely to talk.”
:scared:

I am extremely happy that the AG is trying to keep this guy locked up, but... Here lies the problem with child predators. Their sentences are NOT long enough. There are SO many that will NEVER rehabilitate. They cannot change their colors. They WILL strike again. Something must be done to protect our children. :cry:

Civil commitment laws were written like offenders like this one. I will be shocked if they dont hold him...better have him filing appeal after appeal from behind bars than to hit the streets.

It interests me that he would be so honest about re offending and murdering his victims.

Civil commitment laws were written like offenders like this one. I will be shocked if they dont hold him...better have him filing appeal after appeal from behind bars than to hit the streets.

It interests me that he would be so honest about re offending and murdering his victims.

They were written for those sorts of offenders, but the problem is once the law is there, people will try to apply it to all offenders, which is not the intent. Therein lies the danger, the system becomes corrupted in the process. This is particularly true when there is any sort of sexual offence involved.

There are two things at play here in the law. One is that if you do the crime, there is a punishment which you serve. Once that is done, the punishment is over, and it should not be extended because someone feels some sort of emotion. The debt to society is paid, that is what the criminal justice system is all about.

Then there is the other aspect, what happens when someone poses an imminent threat? You can't punish someone for something they have not done yet. So how does society deal with that?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back