1st annual Travis Alexander Day of Service

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This was sent by Skye Hughes. It is the information for the 1st annual Travis Alexander Legacy Day of Service. Please pass it around.

We are excited to announce the 1st annual Travis Alexander Legacy Day of Service! It will take place July 28th, 2013, and continue every year on July 28th, Travis’ birthday. This is a day when we can honor Travis by doing what he loved to do most...serve others. It was Travis’ goal to help better the world, and he will continue to accomplish this through each of us! You can do something that is important to you, or something that was important to Travis. Some examples:

- Hand out brown paper bag hygiene kits to the homeless with Travis’ quote: “The difference between a Stumbling Block and Stepping Stone is the Character of the individual walking the path.”
- serve food at a homeless shelter
- volunteer at an animal shelter
- fundraise for an animal shelter
- plant some trees
- clean up a park/street
- Become a big brother/big sister
- Read/learn/teach personal development/leadership
- Buy reusable grocery bags (maybe even a set for a friend)
- Be a friend to someone in need of a friend, or a better friend to one you have
- Random acts of kindness

The list could go on and on! These are just a few examples. You can do it alone, with friends, family, or organize a group! We would really appreciate it, if you send us your experiences via pictures, video, or in written form. We will be posting these pictures and experiences on his official website: travisalexander.org (Still under construction, but it’s there:) You can email pictures, videos and experiences to servicejuly28@gmail.com Also, if anyone can think of a really cool name we can call this day, besides Travis Alexander Legacy Day of Service (a little long), we are open to your ideas! We would love to take credit for this awesome idea, but it wasn’t ours. A woman suggested it to Chris Hughes on Twitter (If you see this, please send us your name- we would love to give you credit:)

Beautiful! I wish the family peace and love, and to know Travis is there, or almost, the family will know if he is. :)

What a wonderful idea. This is what Travis was made of. The boy was a gem.

Rest in peace, sweet Travis.

I really hope this snowballs into something big in communities all over the place, and takes the attention away from the convict and puts the focus back on Travis. It doesn't take much for people to get into the spirit! Not all of us have the finances to do something such as this attached news story, but we all have something to offer to make the world a better place, even if it is as simple as picking up a piece of litter.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...onton-royal-alex-tim-hortons-free-coffee.html

Thank You, Tricia !

This is a wonderful idea !

:rose: for Travis :rose:

Woke up this morning after dreaming of hundreds of small baby elephants being born..they were tiny and adorable..it took me a minute and I remembered that it would be Travis legacy day this weekend! So..baby elephants abound!! May it bring comfort to the family that good will be done and remembered for their dear Travis !! Peace & prayers

Tanisha and Harold are here in Mesa right now and a group got together last night assembling hundreds of bags to deliver to the homeless tomorrow. We are attending church service at Travis' ward on his birthday tomorrow, then the service to the homeless then a gathering at my friend's house to honor Travis on his birthday. I'll take pics and post on my blog a synopsis of the day. Not sure if I'll make it to the park as I had a freak accident with a beer bottle explosion slicing open my leg requiring stitches and supposed to stay off my feet for a few days. But I'll definitely go to the service and the gathering!
Dropping off cases of water to send with them tomorrow.

I'm very happy to be with any member of Travis' family on his birthday. Tanisha is so excited about channeling her energy in to this..what a sweetheart.

<3

Tanisha and Harold are here in Mesa right now and a group got together last night assembling hundreds of bags to deliver to the homeless tomorrow. We are attending church service at Travis' ward on his birthday tomorrow, then the service to the homeless then a gathering at my friend's house to honor Travis on his birthday. I'll take pics and post on my blog a synopsis of the day. Not sure if I'll make it to the park as I had a freak accident with a beer bottle explosion slicing open my leg requiring stitches and supposed to stay off my feet for a few days. But I'll definitely go to the service and the gathering!
Dropping off cases of water to send with them tomorrow.

I'm very happy to be with any member of Travis' family on his birthday. Tanisha is so excited about channeling her energy in to this..what a sweetheart.

<3

My love to all the family and friends gathering today. Sure sounds like this will be a beautiful way to celebrate Travis life. I hope it extends beyond just one special day every year. Everywhere I go lately I am seeing elephants. I think they will always be my reminder of Travis and how to live my own life

Blessings and Happy Birthday to Travis. You are in my heart and thoughts.

Happy birthday Travis :rose:

I keep seeing elephants popping up everywhere as well, im sure you can adopt an elephant I will look into doing that in trqvis honour.

I hope today is a beautiful day and I can't wait to see all your wonderful photos kcl

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using my hippocampus

Honoring the memory of Travis Alexander on the anniversary of his birth.

Sending thoughts of love and comfort to his family and friends on this day. May they be blessed with treasured memories of his goodness, compassion and love, overshadowing the tragic circumstances of his death.

Travis, you have inspired many of us to try to make the world a better place. Rest in peace, Travis.

Happy 36th Birthday Travis... Rest in Peace.

This just makes it even more sad that Travis is no longer here on this earth. I volunteer at a cat rescue/shelter every weekend!

:rose: Happy Birthday, Travis :rose:

What a day what a day! I have tons of pics but am just on a brief respite heading out to the party now. We handed out over 400 large bags of toiletry items and food / water to the homeless in the extreme AZ heat today. After attending a dedicated service at Travis home church this morning.

Two local stations were there (Fox 10 and CBS 3 if anyone is local and wants to see it if they air it). Tanisha gave an absolutely beautiful interview about why she spearheaded this project. I've never seen her so eloquent.

I will write it all up with pics probably tomorrow morning. What a beautiful day and an honor to participate.

That elephant adoption is just amazing Josie...I'll show it to Tanisha when I get there. xo

(((KCL)))...you are such a special lady. I hope you know that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back