1115 users online (249 members and 866 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HI - Mary Beth San Juan, 58, found murdered, Honolulu, 23 July 2013

Richard Castle " There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people: psychopaths and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better."

Video of apparent murder suspect using victim's ATM card 2 days before her body was found. Appears a man is dressed in the victim's clothing. Eerie.

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/2...waiinewsnowcom
    Richard Castle " There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people: psychopaths and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better."

Her body was found outside her home wrapped in a carpet. I think the killer was able to drag her outside but unable to lift the victim up into her car so that is why she was left in the driveway. The killer was very thin from the ATM, probably could not lift Mary Beth. Her wallet was found in the trash, credit cards still inside. There are many surveillance cameras in the area, maybe LE will get lucky.

http://www.khon2.com/2013/07/26/new-...investigation/

Quote Originally Posted by colette View Post
    Her body was found outside her home wrapped in a carpet. I think the killer was able to drag her outside but unable to lift the victim up into her car so that is why she was left in the driveway. The killer was very thin from the ATM, probably could not lift Mary Beth. Her wallet was found in the trash, credit cards still inside. There are many surveillance cameras in the area, maybe LE will get lucky.

http://www.khon2.com/2013/07/26/new-...investigation/
    I need to watch the video again. Was he wearing high heels??

Quote Originally Posted by Plumeria5 View Post
    I need to watch the video again. Was he wearing high heels??
    Almost looks like sandals, you can see black straps. Don't really see a heel. I think the killer had dressed in Mary Beth's clothes to make it look like she took off after getting money out of ATM. When the killer was unable to take the body in the car they moved on to plan B. The wallet was found inside a local ABC shopping bag inside a heavier black plastic garbage bag. Hopefully there will be finger prints because the killer might not think the bags would be found. The killer used black gloves at ATM.

That was fast. An acquaintance was arrested.

Police arrested 41-year-old Vernon Baker for second-degree murder at about 2:30 p.m. Saturday at Ala Moana Center.
    http://www.khon2.com/2013/07/27/poli...i-murder-case/

Creepy. I know where all those places are without looking at a map! Glad they've caught someone!
    Eternally optimistic!

Hoping to find:
    John Spira (Avatar picture of John)
    Bendetta "Beth" Bentley
    Tionda and Diamond Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by lucky181 View Post
    That was fast. An acquaintance was arrested.

http://www.khon2.com/2013/07/27/poli...i-murder-case/
    Creepy, alright. Any lip readers out there? What did he say when they were bringing him in? I wonder if Mary Beth knew him from acting classes or in real estate?

Adding:
    It appears from LinkedIn he lists "Professional Training and Coaching" as his profession.
    Last edited by Plumeria5; 07-28-2013 at 12:45 AM.

The killer is a Facebook friend. Lots on Buddha, Meditation and self improvement. There is an entry for last April where he wanted to kill himself:

On March 5th, 2012 I was contemplating walking into the Manoa Valley on the Island of Oahu and possibly jumping from a cliff. Shocking? Maybe. Shocking I should post it on facebook? I'm not really afraid anymore of living. I am not afraid or ashamed of who I am. The wind is blowing and the stream flows serenely in my new place nestled in the Nuuanu valley. On that fatefull day of March 5th I walked into a fire station in Manoa instead. I told some firemen my dramatized plan and they took me to the hospital. I found myself at Castle Medical Center in Kailua a few hours later. On the first day of Lent March 9th I was accepted to a treatment program for Drugs, Alcohol, & Bipolar called Hina Mauka in Kaneohe. I finished treatment today. I like not being afraid of who I am anymore. The changes in the last 43 days have been dramatic. They happened bit by bit, day by day. It's hard to put into words the miracle but it is that. Simple. Happy. Mahalo ke Akua. Aloha Nui.

In some pictures taken of Hawaii there is one picture of 2 large kitchen knives, totally out of place with all the other pictures. Then later in the mist of more scenic pictures is another shot of those 2 knives. Odd considering her stabbed Mary Beth.

The killer is a Facebook friend. Lots on Buddha, Meditation and self improvement. There is an entry for last April where he wanted to kill himself:

On March 5th, 2012 I was contemplating walking into the Manoa Valley on the Island of Oahu and possibly jumping from a cliff. Shocking? Maybe. Shocking I should post it on facebook? I'm not really afraid anymore of living. I am not afraid or ashamed of who I am. The wind is blowing and the stream flows serenely in my new place nestled in the Nuuanu valley. On that fatefull day of March 5th I walked into a fire station in Manoa instead. I told some firemen my dramatized plan and they took me to the hospital. I found myself at Castle Medical Center in Kailua a few hours later. On the first day of Lent March 9th I was accepted to a treatment program for Drugs, Alcohol, & Bipolar called Hina Mauka in Kaneohe. I finished treatment today. I like not being afraid of who I am anymore. The changes in the last 43 days have been dramatic. They happened bit by bit, day by day. It's hard to put into words the miracle but it is that. Simple. Happy. Mahalo ke Akua. Aloha Nui.

In some pictures taken of Hawaii there is one picture of 2 large kitchen knives, totally out of place with all the other pictures. Then later in the mist of more scenic pictures is another shot of those 2 knives. Odd considering her stabbed Mary Beth.
    Great find! Wish I belonged to Facebook so I could see them. Obviously he had issues. He mentions Castle Medical Center. Wonder why the firemen took him to Kailua if he lived near the Manoa fire station? Mary Beth was a realtor. Maybe he met her when searching for a house? He mentioned his new place. Disturbing you see pictures of knives.

Quote Originally Posted by Plumeria5 View Post
    Great find! Wish I belonged to Facebook so I could see them. Obviously he had issues. He mentions Castle Medical Center. Wonder why the firemen took him to Kailua if he lived near the Manoa fire station? Mary Beth was a realtor. Maybe he met her when searching for a house? He mentioned his new place. Disturbing you see pictures of knives.
    The killer was a Facebook friend to Mary Beth, not me. Just wanted to say that because when I reread my post it could be confusing. Anyone can join Facebook for free, then you can search for people. You can see the most in pages that are open to everyone.

I found it very disturbing to see pictures of those 2 knives. They were a close-up of just them laying together on a kitchen counter.

There was a FB friend who appears to be a brother and who possibly got married around this same time. I wonder if there the killer was upset about that?

The killer was a Facebook friend to Mary Beth, not me. Just wanted to say that because when I reread my post it could be confusing. Anyone can join Facebook for free, then you can search for people. You can see the most in pages that are open to everyone.

I found it very disturbing to see pictures of those 2 knives. They were a close-up of just them laying together on a kitchen counter.

There was a FB friend who appears to be a brother and who possibly got married around this same time. I wonder if there the killer was upset about that?
    I understood what you meant. I get so many emails and spam as it is I just didn't want to sign up for anything else.

I found his Twitter account. He hadn't written for quite some time but in one of his last entries he referenced an article about the link between school shootings and medications shooters were taking
    Last edited by Plumeria5; 07-28-2013 at 08:37 PM.

Here is a link for one of the knife pictures.

https://sphotos-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/h...14542461_n.jpg

Here is a link for one of the knife pictures.

https://sphotos-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/h...14542461_n.jpg
    Weird image. If he's taking the picture of the knives then whose feet do we see standing beside the counter?

Quote Originally Posted by GinaSeikwa View Post
    Weird image. If he's taking the picture of the knives then whose feet do we see standing beside the counter?
    I bet those are his. He probably just held the camera over top and took. Here is the other picture:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...41852742_n.jpg

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast