1210 users online (192 members and 1018 guests)  

Websleuths News

AK - Foster Parents/Daycare Providers Years Of Abuse

Anchorage Alaska

Marily and Peter Tony took in children who came from the most broken homes. Even though many of those children told social workers that they were being sexually assaulted by Peter Tony the abuse continued. His own stepdaughters came forward and told about their abuse at the hands of Tony.

http://www.adn.com/2013/07/25/299189...legations.html

After one accusation in which Bethel actually reviewed a child's allegations a social worker apologized to the Tony's that it was taking so long.

Stepdaughter speaks out, and speaks for her sisters. One died from a gunshot blast while another commited suicide by overdose. That sister left a note and had told her own daughter about the abuse.

http://www.adn.com/2013/06/28/295753...ed-bethel.html

Very brave of this dear woman.

What a nightmare for these children. The very people supposed to help them...so sad and preventable. There is a foster care provider in my own family, and this week her license has been revoked because she failed to report a foster child's claim that the provider's 28 year old son sexually abused her. For this "provider", it is about the check. My siblings and I are on the phone constantly these past couple of weeks trying to ensure that this woman is not allowed to have any more children in her home, and that the perp does meaningful jail time.
    Children are so brave to speak out. How is it that so many professionals can dismiss these claims against the Tonys? Did they really tell themselves that it was a decade-long conspiracy against the Tonys, or did they tell themselves that all of the children were not to be believed because they were "messed up kids."

Mary Atchak ought to be fired and charged.

My niece was molested by the husband of her daycare provider. They were a retired couple taking care of several children including their own granddaughter. (They were not licensed - this was 25 years ago) The police told my sister straight out that since my niece was not physically injured (he put his hand inside her panties and tried to 'tickle' her) -- that LE had worse offenders out there to pursue. So nothing happened to the husband and last my sister knew before moving away from that area the people still had daycare in their home. How sad and gross is that?

I am not fond of civil litigation but in cases like this, I think that these kids should band together and sue the agency for what the kids went through. That they allowed these kids to remain, to allow the abuse to continue and to send them more kids to abuse is shameful. And as we have seen with other agencies, all the reviews and oversights don't change things. Only the prospect of losing money out of their budget will get their attention.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

OMG! What living nightmares for those children ... and the horrible memories of what they endured will always be with them!