GUILTY AK - Peter & Marilyn Tony for sex abuse of foster children, Bethel, 1998 & 2011

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
Anchorage Alaska

Marily and Peter Tony took in children who came from the most broken homes. Even though many of those children told social workers that they were being sexually assaulted by Peter Tony the abuse continued. His own stepdaughters came forward and told about their abuse at the hands of Tony.

http://www.adn.com/2013/07/25/2991896/records-show-history-of-allegations.html

After one accusation in which Bethel actually reviewed a child's allegations a social worker apologized to the Tony's that it was taking so long.

What a nightmare for these children. The very people supposed to help them...so sad and preventable. There is a foster care provider in my own family, and this week her license has been revoked because she failed to report a foster child's claim that the provider's 28 year old son sexually abused her. For this "provider", it is about the check. My siblings and I are on the phone constantly these past couple of weeks trying to ensure that this woman is not allowed to have any more children in her home, and that the perp does meaningful jail time.
Children are so brave to speak out. How is it that so many professionals can dismiss these claims against the Tonys? Did they really tell themselves that it was a decade-long conspiracy against the Tonys, or did they tell themselves that all of the children were not to be believed because they were "messed up kids."

Mary Atchak ought to be fired and charged.

My niece was molested by the husband of her daycare provider. They were a retired couple taking care of several children including their own granddaughter. (They were not licensed - this was 25 years ago) The police told my sister straight out that since my niece was not physically injured (he put his hand inside her panties and tried to 'tickle' her) -- that LE had worse offenders out there to pursue. So nothing happened to the husband and last my sister knew before moving away from that area the people still had daycare in their home. How sad and gross is that?

I am not fond of civil litigation but in cases like this, I think that these kids should band together and sue the agency for what the kids went through. That they allowed these kids to remain, to allow the abuse to continue and to send them more kids to abuse is shameful. And as we have seen with other agencies, all the reviews and oversights don't change things. Only the prospect of losing money out of their budget will get their attention.

:tears:

OMG! What living nightmares for those children ... and the horrible memories of what they endured will always be with them!

Marilyn Tony died in 2013:

http://www.tributes.com/obituary/show/Marilyn-A.-Tony-96461052

From July 2014:

https://www.adn.com/crime-justice/a...entenced-66-years-child-sex-abuse/2014/07/23/

A Fairbanks judge on Tuesday sentenced Peter Tony, a former foster parent in the Southwest Alaska community of Bethel, to 66 years in prison for sexually abusing children...

Tony admitted to molesting his stepdaughters, two of whom later committed suicide, an unknown number of foster children in his care and a young girl his wife was babysitting, according to a court transcript of the hearing. The abuse happened between 1973 and 2012, the transcript said...

The sentencing came five months after Tony pleaded guilty to three counts of sexual abuse of a minor. The charges were linked to molestation of a 4-year-old girl in 2011 and a 12-year-old foster child in 1998, the only instances of abuse prosecutors said they had enough evidence to charge.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell
Back