07-28-2013, 09:02 PM #1
CA - Los Angeles, WhtFem UP11403, >60, hit by cars on I-5, Jan'91
NamUs UP # 11403 https://identifyus.org/en/cases/11403
Unidentified White Female
Found January 03, 1991 at In Los Angeles, Los Angeles County CA
* Age: Over 60
* Height: 64" (5 feet 4 inches)
* Weight: 184
* Hair Color: Grey
* Scars & Marks: Transverse and paramedian longitudinal scars on lower abdomen
* Comments: On 1/3/1991 @ 0300 hours the decedent was walking on the S/B I-5 freeway when she was struck by multiple vehicles.
Clothing and Accesories
* Clothing: Purple & white robe (1) blue sock; red pajama bottoms; red & black underwear; white bra
* Jewelry: 1 y/m band with clear stone; 1 w/m band; 1 beaded bracelet; 1 pair y/m earrings
* Dental: (No teeth, full set of dentures found with decedent)
* DNA: Not Available
* Fingerprints: Available (Sent to CA DOJ with negative results)
Last edited by CarlK90245; 07-30-2013 at 02:56 PM.
07-28-2013, 09:02 PM #2
Amalia Perez looks like a very solid possible for this Jane Doe.
* Date LKA (January 2, 1991) is the day prior to the Jane Doe's death (which occurred at 3:00 am in the morning on January 3, 1991)
* She was LKA in Los Angeles
* Age over 60 matches
* Grey Hair Matches
* Dentures Match
* Abdominal Scar matches
* "Dependent Adult" is consistent with someone who would be walking down freeway in her pajamas.
The weight and height are off, but the other factors are too close to ignore.
Last edited by CarlK90245; 07-30-2013 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Added age to list of consistent bullet points.
07-29-2013, 09:02 AM #3
With those dates, yeah, I'd run with it. The age on the NamUs page is a minimum, so not a problem. The weight discrepancy bothers me more than the height, but all it takes to change an MP's reported weight is a mix of old biodata (e.g. weight from a driver's license not updated in 5 years) and medical conditions or medication.
Here is one other weaker possible. Biodata is okay, DLC is off.
Maria De Jesus Valdovinos
Missing Since: February 8, 1991 from Los Angeles, California
07-30-2013, 01:32 PM #4
07-30-2013, 02:35 PM #5There but for the grace of God go I
- Join Date
- Oct 2009
- New England
We've seen height and weight be off by more than that...it looks like a very likely possible to me.Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)
07-30-2013, 03:30 PM #6
Amalia Perez appears to be a great match.
10-18-2013, 04:29 AM #7
05-29-2014, 05:11 PM #8
I just talked to Daniel Machian to follow up on this case, and two others.
He says that he is working with Carrie Southerland to try to locate family members of Amalia Perez.
05-29-2014, 09:28 PM #9
Sad its taking so long
By capoly in forum Identified!Replies: 41Last Post: 06-25-2015, 07:44 PM
By fhc in forum The UnidentifiedReplies: 77Last Post: 06-23-2015, 11:43 AM
By Kymistry35 in forum The UnidentifiedReplies: 22Last Post: 12-16-2014, 12:01 AM
By CarlK90245 in forum The UnidentifiedReplies: 6Last Post: 11-28-2014, 02:14 PM
By CarlK90245 in forum The UnidentifiedReplies: 15Last Post: 11-20-2014, 08:47 AM