1247 users online (218 members and 1029 guests)  

Websleuths News

Smelly Money gets man arrested!

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...fe_st/bad_bond

GREENSBURG, Ind. - A man who went to the sheriff's department to bond out his brother-in-law also ended up in jail when police realized the money he handed them reeked of marijuana.

Timothy Richards, 45, of Columbus, went to the Decatur County Sheriff's Department and when he handed dispatcher Julie Meyers $400, she counted it and then noticed something unusual.

"When I walked back toward the jail I noticed the money was damp and smelled funny," Meyers said.

Ahhh, ya never forget that smell.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

It was damp too? I wonder if this rocket scientist tried to wash the smell out first!

Sudzi

This probably won't be a popular viewpoint, but surely there's more to that story? You can get arrested for having money that SMELLS like pot? It's illegal to have the smell of pot around you???? That does not seem to meet the level of "possesion" to me!

Oh, duh. I just re-checked the link and re-read the story. HOW did I miss that the first time around? I think my allergy meds have me in a permenant fog.

Quote Originally Posted by kgeaux
    This probably won't be a popular viewpoint, but surely there's more to that story? You can get arrested for having money that SMELLS like pot? It's illegal to have the smell of pot around you???? That does not seem to meet the level of "possesion" to me!

Oh, duh. I just re-checked the link and re-read the story. HOW did I miss that the first time around? I think my allergy meds have me in a permenant fog.
    LOL ... but your fog isn't as thick as those boy's fog mustof been. Talk about dumb and dumber ...