813 users online (91 members and 722 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

'Real Housewives' stars indicted on 39 counts of fraud

'Real Housewives' stars indicted on 39 counts of fraud
    3:31 p.m. EDT July 29, 2013

NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — Teresa Giudice, 41, and her husband Giuseppe "Joe" Giudice, 43, stars of the Real Housewives of New Jersey were indicted Monday on federal fraud charges.

They have been accused of exaggerating their income while applying for loans before their TV show debuted in 2009, then hiding their improving fortunes in a bankruptcy filing after their first season aired.

The couple, of Montville Township, were charged in a 39-count indictment with conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud, bank fraud, making false statements on loan applications and bankruptcy fraud.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/p...arges/2596835/

Teresa Giudice Indicted for Fraud: "I Don't Think She's Capable of It," Says Kim DePaola
    US Weekly Magazine
    JULY 29, 2013 AT 6:20PM BY NICOLE EGGENBERGER

Teresa Giudice's pal Kim DePaola is standing by her side. After Real Housewives of New Jersey stars Teresa and husband Joe Giudice were indicted for fraud and tax charges on Monday, July 29, DePaola tells Us Weekly that she doesn't think her good friend Teresa would be capable of committing the crimes.

"Knowing Teresa as well as I know her, and I think I know her, I don't think she would ever willingly do any of this," DePaola, known as Kim D on the Bravo show, tells Us. "She has four kids. I don't think she's capable of it. I think there's been a witch-hunt going on for a long time for her."

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-...#ixzz2aUBLcFrJ

LadyL is offline Sleuthing for Lonzie Barton & All Victims.
    not surprising ...

'Real Housewives' stars Teresa and Joe Giudice charged with fraud, feds say
    Star Ledger New Jersey

Teresa Giudice, ... "released a statement through her lawyer less than 70 minutes after Fishman announced a litany of charges against the couple."

“Today is a most difficult day for our family," Teresa Giudice said. "I support Joe and, as a wonderful husband and father, I know he wants only the best for our lovely daughters and me. I am committed to my family and intend to maintain our lives in the best way possible, which includes continuing my career. As a result, I am hopeful that we will resolve this matter with the Government as quickly as possible."

Teresa Giudice's high-profile New Jersey-based lawyer, Henry Klingeman, also said in an email, “Teresa will plead 'not guilty.' The judicial process that begins today ... is a search for the truth. As it moves forward, we look forward to vindicating her.”

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/201..._feds_say.html

Finally.

What a mess...it's going to be quite a reunion show I would think.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Well it is about time. these two scamming frauds have lived a life of fraud. I hope they get nailed for ALL of it.
    SwampMama

GUILTY!!!

Cyrus C. convicted of 2004 arson in Harvey, La. that killed 4 people, including his 19-month-old daughter, his teenage girlfriend, the girlfriend's mom and GF's young brother (age 11). He was acquitted in 2008 (state charges) in 2008 and found GUILTY (federal charges) in 2013

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...d_of_2004.html

I feel sad for their 4 girls. Poor Gia has had to endure quite a lot. She's the oldest and watching the show I see how much she hurts for her family. No child should have to go through that. They all need to be Off Bravo. I can't imagine how this will affect the girls,
    and if Both Tre and Joe are found guilty?? Tomorrow the 30th they are supposed to be in court in Newark, NJ.

IMOO.

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    Finally.

What a mess...it's going to be quite a reunion show I would think.
    Unless they won't discuss it at the reunion. It'll be like the Big Elephant in the room.

"Joe maintains his innocence," his attorney, Miles Feinstein, tells Us Weekly in its July 29 issue. "It will be tough to choose a jury because of the high-profile defendant."
    High profile? Is he kidding? I suspect that they will have no difficulty whatsoever finding an adequate jury pool.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

Let's face it, they are going to shoot for a deal and a fine. At that level of fraud and given how hot taxpayers are regarding the use of their own money during financial crises, I would think someone is going to have to do some jail time. Probably both should, but my prediction is the TG will put it all on Joe. Her statement certainly implies that. imo

I wonder if they knew this was coming?
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    Let's face it, they are going to shoot for a deal and a fine. At that level of fraud and given how hot taxpayers are regarding the use of their own money during financial crises, I would think someone is going to have to do some jail time. Probably both should, but my prediction is the TG will put it all on Joe. Her statement certainly implies that. imo

I wonder if they knew this was coming?
    Yes, I think they knew. This was a Long Time Coming.
    And I agree, her statement Implies that, with Not Guilty, and it will fall on Joe. Seems to me she is guilty of somethings, so time will tell.
    Thing is with these Reality Shows, the people in them who do illegal things, still seem to keep their jobs! I guess it's Ratings for the show.
    I think Russell Armstrong felt pressure somehow from RHBH and he killed himself.
    I have been watching less and less of the Housewives Shows. I LOVED them when it was all new. I remember when OC was about real women enjoying life. Now it is all cattiness and hatefulness, and the shows took that turn many years ago.
    And Bethenny, don't even get me started there! She was my absolute favorite, but her show truly showed who she was, and I think she was shown in a different light on RHNY.
    I bought into the Housewives franchises so to speak, and it's addictive, but when I look at the shows now, it makes me sick. People treating people horribly. It's pathetic!
    IMOO.

I agree Treelights. I loved them for their entertainment, but each franchise has become unbelievably unappealing. At least with New Jersey, everyone's faces move. Well except for Kim D lol.

I think JG's atty is delusional if he thinks that the franchise is going to cause difficulty in seating a jury though, lol.

It did take me a while to figure out that these are ugly people for the most part across the boards and that the shows are routinely cut to pick a villain of the season.

A 39 count indictment from the feds? Good Luck with that...
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

Gosh if both are found guilty and do time I can so see Joe and Melissa caring for the Children. Wouldn't that be ironic. And in my opinion better for the Children. Such a toxic environment for them. If Tre considers Joe a good husband I would hate to see her version of a bad one. IMO he is a cheating,verbally abusive husband and a very poor excuse for a father. IMO.
    All posts are my opinion only unless supported by a link
    Keep calm and carry on
    "Your out of your tree" "It's not my tree"

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    I'm not surprised. Someone, please, make them GO AWAY.

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    Quote Originally Posted by SwampMama View Post
    Well it is about time. these two scamming frauds have lived a life of fraud. I hope they get nailed for ALL of it.
    They would be perfect to make an example of. Judges do it all the time. Since they're considered "high profile" , show the country exactly what happens when you try to defraud the government. Throw the book at 'em.

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast