'Real Housewives' stars indicted on 39 counts of fraud

i.b.nora

I am polka dot
Reaction score
'Real Housewives' stars indicted on 39 counts of fraud
3:31 p.m. EDT July 29, 2013

NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — Teresa Giudice, 41, and her husband Giuseppe "Joe" Giudice, 43, stars of the Real Housewives of New Jersey were indicted Monday on federal fraud charges.

They have been accused of exaggerating their income while applying for loans before their TV show debuted in 2009, then hiding their improving fortunes in a bankruptcy filing after their first season aired.

The couple, of Montville Township, were charged in a 39-count indictment with conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud, bank fraud, making false statements on loan applications and bankruptcy fraud.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...sa-giudice-indicted-on-fraud-charges/2596835/

Teresa Giudice Indicted for Fraud: "I Don't Think She's Capable of It," Says Kim DePaola
US Weekly Magazine
JULY 29, 2013 AT 6:20PM BY NICOLE EGGENBERGER

Teresa Giudice's pal Kim DePaola is standing by her side. After Real Housewives of New Jersey stars Teresa and husband Joe Giudice were indicted for fraud and tax charges on Monday, July 29, DePaola tells Us Weekly that she doesn't think her good friend Teresa would be capable of committing the crimes.

"Knowing Teresa as well as I know her, and I think I know her, I don't think she would ever willingly do any of this," DePaola, known as Kim D on the Bravo show, tells Us. "She has four kids. I don't think she's capable of it. I think there's been a witch-hunt going on for a long time for her."

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...-of-it-says-kim-depaola-2013297#ixzz2aUBLcFrJ

'Real Housewives' stars Teresa and Joe Giudice charged with fraud, feds say
Star Ledger New Jersey

Teresa Giudice, ... "released a statement through her lawyer less than 70 minutes after Fishman announced a litany of charges against the couple."

“Today is a most difficult day for our family," Teresa Giudice said. "I support Joe and, as a wonderful husband and father, I know he wants only the best for our lovely daughters and me. I am committed to my family and intend to maintain our lives in the best way possible, which includes continuing my career. As a result, I am hopeful that we will resolve this matter with the Government as quickly as possible."

Teresa Giudice's high-profile New Jersey-based lawyer, Henry Klingeman, also said in an email, “Teresa will plead 'not guilty.' The judicial process that begins today ... is a search for the truth. As it moves forward, we look forward to vindicating her.”

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/20..._joe_giudice_charged_with_fraud_feds_say.html

Finally.

What a mess...it's going to be quite a reunion show I would think.

Well it is about time. these two scamming frauds have lived a life of fraud. I hope they get nailed for ALL of it.

I feel sad for their 4 girls. Poor Gia has had to endure quite a lot. She's the oldest and watching the show I see how much she hurts for her family. No child should have to go through that. They all need to be Off Bravo. I can't imagine how this will affect the girls,
and if Both Tre and Joe are found guilty?? Tomorrow the 30th they are supposed to be in court in Newark, NJ.

IMOO.

"Joe maintains his innocence," his attorney, Miles Feinstein, tells Us Weekly in its July 29 issue. "It will be tough to choose a jury because of the high-profile defendant."

High profile? Is he kidding? I suspect that they will have no difficulty whatsoever finding an adequate jury pool.

Let's face it, they are going to shoot for a deal and a fine. At that level of fraud and given how hot taxpayers are regarding the use of their own money during financial crises, I would think someone is going to have to do some jail time. Probably both should, but my prediction is the TG will put it all on Joe. Her statement certainly implies that. imo

I wonder if they knew this was coming?

Let's face it, they are going to shoot for a deal and a fine. At that level of fraud and given how hot taxpayers are regarding the use of their own money during financial crises, I would think someone is going to have to do some jail time. Probably both should, but my prediction is the TG will put it all on Joe. Her statement certainly implies that. imo

I wonder if they knew this was coming?

Yes, I think they knew. This was a Long Time Coming.
And I agree, her statement Implies that, with Not Guilty, and it will fall on Joe. Seems to me she is guilty of somethings, so time will tell.
Thing is with these Reality Shows, the people in them who do illegal things, still seem to keep their jobs! I guess it's Ratings for the show.
I think Russell Armstrong felt pressure somehow from RHBH and he killed himself.
I have been watching less and less of the Housewives Shows. I LOVED them when it was all new. I remember when OC was about real women enjoying life. Now it is all cattiness and hatefulness, and the shows took that turn many years ago.
And Bethenny, don't even get me started there! She was my absolute favorite, but her show truly showed who she was, and I think she was shown in a different light on RHNY.
I bought into the Housewives franchises so to speak, and it's addictive, but when I look at the shows now, it makes me sick. People treating people horribly. It's pathetic!
IMOO.

I agree Treelights. I loved them for their entertainment, but each franchise has become unbelievably unappealing. At least with New Jersey, everyone's faces move. Well except for Kim D lol.

I think JG's atty is delusional if he thinks that the franchise is going to cause difficulty in seating a jury though, lol.

It did take me a while to figure out that these are ugly people for the most part across the boards and that the shows are routinely cut to pick a villain of the season.

A 39 count indictment from the feds? Good Luck with that...

Gosh if both are found guilty and do time I can so see Joe and Melissa caring for the Children. Wouldn't that be ironic. And in my opinion better for the Children. Such a toxic environment for them. If Tre considers Joe a good husband I would hate to see her version of a bad one. IMO he is a cheating,verbally abusive husband and a very poor excuse for a father. IMO.

I'm not surprised. Someone, please, make them GO AWAY.

Well it is about time. these two scamming frauds have lived a life of fraud. I hope they get nailed for ALL of it.

They would be perfect to make an example of. Judges do it all the time. Since they're considered "high profile" :rolleyes:, show the country exactly what happens when you try to defraud the government. Throw the book at 'em.

Gosh if both are found guilty and do time I can so see Joe and Melissa caring for the Children. Wouldn't that be ironic. And in my opinion better for the Children. Such a toxic environment for them. If Tre considers Joe a good husband I would hate to see her version of a bad one. IMO he is a cheating,verbally abusive husband and a very poor excuse for a father. IMO.

In my opinion, Teresa is very co-dependent and has stuck by Joe through all of this, so I would not be surprised if she stays with him if he does jail time.

Yes, I think they knew. This was a Long Time Coming.
And I agree, her statement Implies that, with Not Guilty, and it will fall on Joe. Seems to me she is guilty of somethings, so time will tell.
Thing is with these Reality Shows, the people in them who do illegal things, still seem to keep their jobs! I guess it's Ratings for the show.
I think Russell Armstrong felt pressure somehow from RHBH and he killed himself.
I have been watching less and less of the Housewives Shows. I LOVED them when it was all new. I remember when OC was about real women enjoying life. Now it is all cattiness and hatefulness, and the shows took that turn many years ago.
And Bethenny, don't even get me started there! She was my absolute favorite, but her show truly showed who she was, and I think she was shown in a different light on RHNY.
I bought into the Housewives franchises so to speak, and it's addictive, but when I look at the shows now, it makes me sick. People treating people horribly. It's pathetic!
IMOO.

I agree with all of the above. Bethany! Loved her, since her split with Jason and her new talk show, seen her differently. Jason is incredible.

I think Russell had major problems coming into the show, debt etc BUT I think the show possibly contributed to his death. For someone already under the pump in life, that was far too much pressure. Compared to the other fortunes. It is very sad TV does this.

As for Teresa, I do like her but she's under the whip. She will stand by Joe, she is so in love with him. She will stay with him. I can't stand the fighting on that series, it is so over the top! I can't handle the screaming!!

I love the whole franchise but I do get upset by whole ruthless it is. These woman are clearly in it for money or fame!

And the Vancouver series is pathetic! JMO

I agree with all of the above. Bethany! Loved her, since her split with Jason and her new talk show, seen her differently. Jason is incredible.

I think Russell had major problems coming into the show, debt etc BUT I think the shoe possibly contributed to his death. For someone already under the pump in life, that was far too much pressure. Compared to the other fortunes. It is very sad TV does this.

As for Teresa, I do like her but she's under the whip. She will stand by Joe, she is so in love with him. She will stay with him.

I love the whole franchise but I do get upset by whole ruthless it is. These woman are clearly in it for money or fame!

And the Vancouver series is pathetic! JMO

From what I see of Bethenny, she most likely was always like this, so she is true to herself, but the "editing" from RHNY made her more likable, and on her own show, it seemed to come apart the fall of 2010, notably the Thanksgiving episode, and it seemed to go down hill from there. The bashing of Jason's parents and his hometown was hard to take. It seemed odd that she gave Jason the Runaway Bride painting,(but not anymore!) and on her wedding photo book, on the cover, Jason's head was cut off.
As for Teresa, she seems very old school, stand by your man, even when he is wrong. For whatever reason, she is totally in love with him, warts, mistakes, Big Dishonest mistakes and all.
I haven't seen the Vancouver show. From what you just said of it, sounds like I am not missing a thing! :)
IMOO.

In my opinion, Teresa is very co-dependent and has stuck by Joe through all of this, so I would not be surprised if she stays with him if he does jail time.

It will be interesting to see if she sticks by him. He has done a good job of taking the heat from her. I dont get their relationship, but then again it is hard to dissect what is theater and what is real. I think they are both really distasteful, and I think the children suffer here. :(

From what I see of Bethenny, she most likely was always like this, so she is true to herself, but the "editing" from RHNY made her more likable, and on her own show, it seemed to come apart the fall of 2010, notably the Thanksgiving episode, and it seemed to go down hill from there. The bashing of Jason's parents and his hometown was hard to take. It seemed odd that she gave Jason the Runaway Bride painting,(but not anymore!) and on her wedding photo book, on the cover, Jason's head was cut off.
As for Teresa, she seems very old school, stand by your man, even when he is wrong. For whatever reason, she is totally in love with him, warts, mistakes, Big Dishonest mistakes and all.
I haven't seen the Vancouver show. From what you just said of it, sounds like I am not missing a thing! :)
IMOO.

Agree. Agree. Agree.
I loved Bethany on RHONY, loved her on her own show. But Jason resonates with us, he went into it, not for fame or money, but for love. I truly believe that. Bethany has always been am incredible business woman, she spots opportunities in a market and tackles it full throttle. Jason is successful in his own right. I do get upset with Bethany but Ellen loves her so much!!! And I just love Ellen so much. :)

Do not bother with Vancouver! Mom asked me to record all the episodes whilst she is in hospital but my Lord, it is pathetic! I love this type of show but it a very poor production and SO try hard. Much like Married to Medicine! But that seems a bit more real.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anniegirl401
Back