Wayne Millard: Dellen Millard Charged With Murder In The First Degree #1

matou

#los2188
Reaction score
How much publicity did the new Millard Air hangar in Waterloo generate before Tim Bosma went missing? I found one article that has been posted but was Wayne Millard's name out there in the news in the last few months before his death? I also heard there was a plan for a celebration of the hangar opening. Looking for that link specifically.

http://skiesmag.com/news/articles/17044-built-for-bigger.html from August 22, 2012

How much publicity did the new Millard Air hangar in Waterloo generate? I found one article that has been posted but was Wayne Millard's name out there in the news in the last few months before his death? I also heard there was a plan for a celebration of the hangar opening. Looking for that link specifically.

http://skiesmag.com/news/articles/17044-built-for-bigger.html from August 22, 2012

Found this but not sure if "celebrate" is a media assumption or if there was truly a celebration organized by WM and publicized.

In early November 2012, Wayne was preparing to celebrate the grand opening of his new hangar. But he would die a few weeks later in an apparent suicide.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2879300--tim-is-missing-have-you-seen-him-/

* After all was said and done and things went over budget, they were not getting the positive response WM was expecting, WM sensed he had made a huge, bad decision, realized he had pushed the business onto DM who was not interested, WM felt overwhelmed, hopeless and guilty therefore committed suicide.

This sums it up nicely. Good job.

* After all was said and done and things went over budget, they were not getting the positive response WM was expecting, WM sensed he had made a huge, bad decision, realized he had pushed the business onto DM who was not interested, WM felt overwhelmed, hopeless and guilty therefore committed suicide.

This could be a possibility IMO but one of many possibilities JMO

I think so much has been speculated on the matter that it has obfuscated the fact that DM was already set up with properties and had access to money....and had no actual motive for murdering his father IMO

No matter how much mud is being thrown at DM from MSM etc it doesn't alter the fact IMO that he was never a suspect and was independently comfortable with properties and access to money before his dad died. JMO

Please excuse me if this has already been covered but has anyone come across any indication of WM being in poor health prior to the "suicide"? Is it possible that he had a terminal illness or perhaps was in a deep depression and set up the new hangar knowing that he didn't have a lot of time and wanted to ensure that his son had some type of financial safety net that would continue to net a long term return? It is possible that after seeing his son lead a fairly laid back existence he wanted to ensure that he was well taken care of before he ended his own life. MOO
I have seen reports of the cause of death being a shot through the eye but also through the left side of the head?
http://www.thespec.com/news-story/28...illard-s-farm/
I need some help from my fellow sleuths that may know more about gun shot wounds than I do...if the shot through the eye is true, unless someone was incapacitated wouldn't the shooter have to be a very good shot to get it through the eye? Wouldn't the shooter have residue on their bodies or does this just happen in the movies?

I fully agree with Snoofo that there seems to be no benefit to DM from his father's death, whether financial or otherwise, and no suggestion, let alone evidence that we have seen that there were arguments or even animosity between father and son. I think it is actually just the opposite, if they chose to work and live together, they were likely very close. Can you imagine the sadness you would feel at the death of a close parent by suicide, then the horror you would feel being thought of as their murderer? I think that there was a reason that it was originally ruled a suicide, and that the only reason that it remained open was that it is customary to do so, as was stated by MSM and I believe LE.

And I think that JPC has a good point, that we do not know WM's health prior to his death, that could very well be why an adult male of financial means would chose to live with his father when he clearly had other properties he could have inhabited. From what I have gathered, the eye can still be considered the side of the head, especially if the bullet entered the eye through the side. This can happen when people are trying to shoot themselves in the head and then flinch at the last second, or could have been a result of the longer barrel making it harder to rest against the temple while reaching for the trigger. Also, the bullet could have ricocheted inside the skull and come out through the eye. Sorry for the graphic nature there.

On Nov. 29, 2012, however, Wayne also died, reportedly of a gunshot wound in the family’s suburban Toronto home on Maple Gate Court, where Mr. Millard continued to live until his arrest.

Originally viewed as a suicide and, although his body was cremated, Wayne’s death is still “an ongoing investigation,” said Dorothy Zwolakowski, a strategic advisor for the Ontario Coroner’s Office.

She could not say whether the case was reopened because of recent events or had never been closed.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...was-always-a-little-different-classmate-says/

Originally viewed as a suicide and, although his body was cremated, Wayne’s death is still “an ongoing investigation,” said Dorothy Zwolakowski, a strategic advisor for the Ontario Coroner’s Office.

She could not say whether the case was reopened because of recent events or had never been closed.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/05/17/dellen-millard-suspect-in-tim-bosmas-death-was-always-a-little-different-classmate-says/

It is not unusual however, for a coroner's investigation to take months to complete, even when no foul play is suspected, says Cheryl Mahyr, issues manager in the coroner's office.

"There's no prescribed time limit on how long it takes," she says. The length of the investigation can depend on "the number and types of tests that are ordered."

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2878848-police-probe-millard-s-connections-to-other-cases/

All this talk about all this money...No one knows if it's there or not. People can own properties (with or without mortgages) but have debts that erase their assets. We don't have enough information to make any conclusions about DM's net worth. He might not be worth much at all...

JMO

Originally Posted by swedie View Post

That is an accurate assessment and it reconciles with the meeting DM had with the project manager of the hangar developer.

The project had consumed most of the WM family cash and he ended up with some bank debt toward the end.

Bank debt would not be a problem once the business was up and running , and overall the project would have been profitable and a good investment (of the family cash)

All that was left to do was to get DM seriously interested in the repair facility , have him remove his private cars and hobby projects , show the new building to prospective clients and contracts would be signed , and cash would start to flow in

The project manager could not get DM to remove his junk from the hangar , .... thus no showing the facility to potential customers .... WM and hangar staff could not get DM to even show up in the mornings .... DM would wander in late and work on his cars and trucks.

WM would have come to a tremendous realization he had made a big mistake. After all , his motive was to set up the operation for DM and DM could care less by the looks of it.

In the bigger picture we must recognize Grandfather CM was the one who built the wealth and success of the company , WM lived off the avails of CM's success and rented out the original CM hanger. The original hangar had to be torn down and WM wanted to duplicate for DM what CM had done for him .... thus the modern Hangar facility for DM to run and carry on the MillardAir Name.

I think WM began to see the writing on the wall a few months earlier , and DM probably confirmed it in a final showdown before WM decided to exit.

Mix some alcohol in the gloomy situation and it is understandable how WM maybe wanted "out" ... things were looking bleak and broken from his perspective .... he may also have hoped that DM might mature and take some responsibility with him out of the way .

Obviously that did not work out because DM quickly dismantled the repair facility plans and used the $6 million building to repair a couple of old vehicles. It was the poorest business decision he could have made. The value of the project dropped by 80% in an instant , no cash flow , bills and loans still to be paid.

DM may not have actually pulled the trigger but he certainly was the main contributor to the gloomy outlook faced by WM

As far as I know there is only this one article claiming WM was drinking. Would be interesting to find out how often SG visited from Maine. Occasionally seems pretty vague IMHO. How does one assume or take away from this WM was an alcoholic? Some people never drink alcohol expect when in the presence/company of friends or family. I guess peoples' perception can be clouded because someone drinks when they are in your company, they assume you're an alcoholic... Maybe when SG came to town occasionally all the way from Maine, those were the times WM decided to take a break/vacation from his hectic life, kick back, relax and enjoy himself and his company. I know people who enjoy a glass of wine with their supper or after supper in the evening, but I wouldn't classify them as alcoholics.

Makes me really suspicious as to who suggested to AS WM had been drinking again and feeling business pressures. Was it that someone whom he met up with at a steakhouse near TO airport? That someone who felt his father shouldn't be investing anymore money into what he believed was a failing business, that someone who was in charge of the hangar construction and other executives had negative dealings with? Did the excuse of drinking make it easier for those others to accept, WM had hit a low point in his life making it more logical he committed suicide while under the influence?

I would not be surprised if during WM's autopsy, findings of alcohol were present but minimal. At this point it's purely speculative and I am not sure if it's fair to accuse WM of being an alcoholic. Although it could stand to reason, dealing with an adult, difficult son, who puts roadblocks in your way, is uncooperative, lacks ambition in following through on a huge project done in his honour, something you have worked hard for, invested your life savings in, could be a legitimate reason to cause someone to become an alocholic. JMHO

according to Steve Glass, the brother of Wayne’s girlfriend at the time, Elizabeth Glass, Wayne didn’t use computers or email. Mr. Glass, 65, who lived in Maine and occasionally visited his sister in Toronto, said the couple liked to spend afternoons sitting around Wayne’s house drinking. “Every time I met him, they were well into the booze,” he said, adding that he believed Wayne genuinely cared for his sister, who died in 2009.

Police sources also told Toronto’s CityNews that Wayne had announced shortly before his death that he was in love and engaged to be married. While Mr. Sharif said he knew nothing about his client’s romantic life, he acknowledged he was feeling business pressures and “had heard rumblings that … Wayne was drinking again.”

All things considered, Mr. Sharif still finds it hard to believe that the client he had grown so fond of as they worked closely together would commit suicide. “[There was] unfinished business,” he said. “He had more reasons to live than to die.”

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...bosma-murder-suspect-started-to-dismantle-it/

Apparently someone found WM the night he apparently committed suicide prompting a 911 call. Wasn't in November but December. Doesn't it seem logical DM would have been the one to find him as it's been reported they lived together. Who else could have discovered WM that night? Neighbour? Friend? EG passed away 2009, so we know it wasn't her. Had he (apparently) committed suicide earlier that day but wasn't found until that night or was someone needing time to think about what to tell to LE? DM seems like the most likely person who would have discovered his father IMO.

Police are still investigating the death of Millard’s father, Wayne, after an apparent suicide last November. They would not say who made a 911 call on the night of his death and would not comment on media reports he was shot in the eye.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...man_laura_babcock_death_of_wayne_millard.html

Apparently someone found WM the night he apparently committed suicide prompting a 911 call. Wasn't in November but December. Doesn't it seem logical DM would have been the one to find him as it's been reported they lived together. Who else could have discovered WM that night? Neighbour? Friend? EG passed away 2009, so we know it wasn't her. Had he (apparently) committed suicide earlier that day but wasn't found until that night or was someone needing time to think about what to tell to LE? DM seems like the most likely person who would have discovered his father IMO.

[/I]

People do not normally commit suicide with an audience... so IMO if DM found his dad it is very possible that he found him after coming in after a night out with his friends. What's so strange about it?

So he had absolutely everything but the clients
Yes .... but contracts were in the works .... some of those would be with established airlines as well as private individuals (with jet aircraft).

Tons of paperwork and exacting standards are required to be a certified repair operation ... potential clients would want to see all the qualifications and a tour of the facility itself .... these are sometimes multi-million dollar contracts.

Such a facility should exude the appearance of being clean , certified and professional

The last thing that should be in the building is an auto-wrecker ... or any hint of shady characters ....

Yes .... but contracts were in the works .... some of those would be with established airlines as well as private individuals (with jet aircraft).

Tons of paperwork and exacting standards are required to be a certified repair operation ... potential clients would want to see all the qualifications and a tour of the facility itself .... these are sometimes multi-million dollar contracts.

Such a facility should exude the appearance of being clean , certified and professional

The last thing that should be in the building is an auto-wrecker ... or any hint of shady characters ....

At the time of WM's death, and DM's shutdown of the company, they still didn't have any clients. They never got this enterprise off the ground.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back