GUILTY IN - Anthony Meineke for scalding baby daughter, Lawrence, 2004

blueclouds

Former member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Meineke admitted staging the scene and told them he bit, hit and scalded the baby because she would not stop crying.

In statements to Lawrence police, Meineke likened Alexia's screams to fingernails on a chalkboard.
Dr. Jim Koumanis told police the baby is in pain and will be permanently disfigured.

"She will require multiple surgeries" throughout her life if she survives, Dr. Antoinette Laskey told police, "and will experience great pain."

http://www.indystar.com/articles/2/132334-1502-092.html

I know that apologies don't heal what I've done," Anthony Meineke said during his sentencing hearing in Marion Superior Court. "I know, no matter how bad I wish to, I can't take back what I've done. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

Meineke, 19, pleaded guilty to seven counts of battery in connection with beating, scalding and biting his then-16-week-old daughter Alexia in February and March 2004.

Accepting a plea agreement, Superior Court Judge Patricia Gifford sentenced Meineke to 40 years in prison plus 10 years probation.

Gifford also ordered Meineke to have no contact with Alexia, her mother or her mother's family. Alexia, 1, can choose to contact her father after she turns 18.

Meineke's mother and grandmother testified that he has suffered from mental illness since he was a child.

"He never could take the screaming. He never could take the outbursts unless it was his own," Meineke's grandmother Sherry Conaway testified, noting he has long had difficulty controlling his anger.

On March 19, 2004, Meineke was caring for Alexia in a Lawrence home in the 5800 block of Lawton Loop, West Drive, when he poured two pitchers of hot water over her because she would not stop crying.

Meineke also admitted to biting, punching and squeezing the child, leaving her with bruises, broken ribs and a fractured skull.

Meineke told detectives that hurting the child made him feel good, Special Prosecutor Kristina Korobov said.

"He made the choice to hurt her over and over again," Korobov said

http://www.indystar.com/articles/1/235024-9711-009.html

He got off easy imo............. :bang:

He needs to be scalded too and beat,I'll gladly do it to him,he got off way to easy and also should be sterilized.Some people shouldn't be given the gift of a child.

Meineke told detectives that hurting the child made him feel good, Special Prosecutor Kristina Korobov said
Doesn't sound like that jives with the "he can't take the screaming" excuse...give me an effing break!!

Poor child...

"He never could take the screaming. He never could take the outbursts unless it was his own," Meineke's grandmother Sherry Conaway testified, noting he has long had difficulty controlling his anger.

Yes, but notice how he can only take his own screeming. :rolleyes: I am sur eI can think of a milion and one ways to make him scream for what he did to this poor baby.

Any word on the baby? Is she okay.

I don't get it. If he had a history of mental illness and couldn't take screaming, then why leave the baby with him? This makes no sense.

JMHO
fran

I know this is an old thread, but I know the family of little Alexia... Her Mom, Amie is the cousin of my bestfriend... I was actually on vacation when this happened & they called us. We were 1/2 way accross the country, but we got back as fast as we could.

Twice Tony has been sanctioned for contacting Amie... Once on his own, so they stopped his phone & letter writing rights away. So, he got a convicted baby murderer to send letters instead.

Last year he even filed a writ of Habeas Corpus... I am not sure if it went anywhere...

He is PURE SCUM!!!

I know this is an old thread, but I know the family of little Alexia... Her Mom, Amie is the cousin of my bestfriend... I was actually on vacation when this happened & they called us. We were 1/2 way accross the country, but we got back as fast as we could.

Twice Tony has been sanctioned for contacting Amie... Once on his own, so they stopped his phone & letter writing rights away. So, he got a convicted baby murderer to send letters instead.

Last year he even filed a writ of Habeas Corpus... I am not sure if it went anywhere...

He is PURE SCUM!!!

How is little Alexia doing? Has she healed physically?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back