1016 users online (140 members and 876 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 53 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

MI - Paul DeWolf, 25, fatally shot in Ann Arbor frat house, 23 July 2013

Paul DeWolf was found dead in his Ann Arbor, Michigan apartment last Wednesday from a single gunshot wound. Room tidy, nothing missing, gun not at scene.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2aYWUfcTS
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Neither article mentions whether anyone in the fraternity house heard anything... such as a gunshot.

http://www.michigandaily.com/news/me...-gunshot-wound

Quote Originally Posted by colette View Post
    Paul DeWolf was found dead in his Ann Arbor, Michigan apartment last Wednesday from a single gunshot wound. Room tidy, nothing missing, gun not at scene.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2aYWUfcTS
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    From your link...

He was the captain of the cross country team at Schoolcraft High School and graduated as class valedictorian in 2006.

He took his bachelors degree in bio-medical sciences from Grand Valley State University in 2010 and then joined the Air Force - where he was in the top ten percent certified in officer training.

He belonged to Sigma Phi Epsilon at Grand Valley State University and Phi Rho Sigma Fraternity at the University of Michigan.

DeWolf was a brilliant piano and French horn player, was a certified scuba diver, traveled the world on several mission trips, and had competed in marathons.

He was a devout Christian.

A statement from the university said that DeWolf was the 'epitome of everything great in the field of medicine.'

Wow.

Video here suggests there are very few leads.

http://on.aol.com/video/police-stump...dent-517875625

I wonder if someone was incredibly jealous of him?

He was gifted in so many areas!

Last edited by IHAVENOCLUE; 07-30-2013 at 04:46 PM. Reason: iPadism...

A person has to work pretty hard to keep up with an image of complete perfection. No matter how brilliant this young man was, he was still a human being. His life sounds full of pressure to me.

I wonder if someone who was a very close friend might have found him first then removed the gun before police got there? As a dignity thing maybe?

MOO

Quote Originally Posted by TGIRecovered View Post
    A person has to work pretty hard to keep up with an image of complete perfection. No matter how brilliant this young man was, he was still a human being. His life sounds full of pressure to me.

I wonder if someone who was a very close friend might have found him first then removed the gun before police got there? As a dignity thing maybe?

MOO
    Definitely something to consider....

JMO

Quote Originally Posted by TGIRecovered View Post

MOO
    It is an interesting thought. I wonder if LE found spent shell casing/s... close friend would have to remove that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by fred&edna View Post
    It is an interesting thought. I wonder if LE found spent shell casing/s... close friend would have to remove that as well.
    Police already said that based on autopsy results, his death was a homicide.
    You can tell by the autopsy how close the gun was to him when it was fired. And police aren't considering suicide.
    Just my opinion

Police and medical examiner officials could not immediately tell what kind of injury DeWolf suffered when he was found on Wednesday. It took until an autopsy performed Thursday for officials to determine DeWolf was killed by a single gunshot wound.

http://www.annarbor.com/news/crime/p...dical-student/

Seems odd that it took an autopsy to determine he was shot. I wonder if the bullet could have been fired from outside or another room and it was just a freak accident that nobody's owned up to.

What a great loss to society and the many numbers of patients he would have helped in his lifetime. I hope they find out what happened to this man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's now reported that Paul was shot in the neck by another person. He was shot in his basement room, maybe why others did not hear a gun.

http://www.annarbor.com/news/crime/r...another-peson/

I'm curious as to whether there are surveillance cameras near the building, and also I wonder if anything could be gleaned from a scanner rewind from that evening (possible shots heard)??

* I posted a "rewind request" which I understand is time consuming, but maybe those scanner wizards can do their magic thing
    Last edited by fred&edna; 08-03-2013 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Add the *

Quote Originally Posted by radiator View Post
    Police and medical examiner officials could not immediately tell what kind of injury DeWolf suffered when he was found on Wednesday. It took until an autopsy performed Thursday for officials to determine DeWolf was killed by a single gunshot wound.

http://www.annarbor.com/news/crime/p...dical-student/

Seems odd that it took an autopsy to determine he was shot. I wonder if the bullet could have been fired from outside or another room and it was just a freak accident that nobody's owned up to.
    Maybe this shot wasn't through and through. If he tried to dodge the bullet it could have slashed across his throat , opening an artery. That might look like laceration rather than a bullet hole.

MOO

Page 1 of 53 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast