GUILTY MI - Paul DeWolf, 25, fatally shot in Ann Arbor frat house, 23 July 2013

Paul DeWolf was found dead in his Ann Arbor, Michigan apartment last Wednesday from a single gunshot wound. Room tidy, nothing missing, gun not at scene.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-bedroom-fraternity-house.html#ixzz2aYWUfcTS
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

From your link...

He was the captain of the cross country team at Schoolcraft High School and graduated as class valedictorian in 2006.

He took his bachelors degree in bio-medical sciences from Grand Valley State University in 2010 and then joined the Air Force - where he was in the top ten percent certified in officer training.

He belonged to Sigma Phi Epsilon at Grand Valley State University and Phi Rho Sigma Fraternity at the University of Michigan.

DeWolf was a brilliant piano and French horn player, was a certified scuba diver, traveled the world on several mission trips, and had competed in marathons.

He was a devout Christian.

A statement from the university said that DeWolf was the 'epitome of everything great in the field of medicine.'

Wow.

I wonder if someone was incredibly jealous of him?

He was gifted in so many areas!

:waitasec:

A person has to work pretty hard to keep up with an image of complete perfection. No matter how brilliant this young man was, he was still a human being. His life sounds full of pressure to me.

I wonder if someone who was a very close friend might have found him first then removed the gun before police got there? As a dignity thing maybe?

MOO

A person has to work pretty hard to keep up with an image of complete perfection. No matter how brilliant this young man was, he was still a human being. His life sounds full of pressure to me.

I wonder if someone who was a very close friend might have found him first then removed the gun before police got there? As a dignity thing maybe?

MOO

Definitely something to consider....

JMO

MOO

It is an interesting thought. I wonder if LE found spent shell casing/s... close friend would have to remove that as well.

It is an interesting thought. I wonder if LE found spent shell casing/s... close friend would have to remove that as well.

Police already said that based on autopsy results, his death was a homicide.
You can tell by the autopsy how close the gun was to him when it was fired. And police aren't considering suicide.

Police and medical examiner officials could not immediately tell what kind of injury DeWolf suffered when he was found on Wednesday. It took until an autopsy performed Thursday for officials to determine DeWolf was killed by a single gunshot wound.

http://www.annarbor.com/news/crime/...d-investigating-death-of-u-m-medical-student/

Seems odd that it took an autopsy to determine he was shot. I wonder if the bullet could have been fired from outside or another room and it was just a freak accident that nobody's owned up to.

What a great loss to society and the many numbers of patients he would have helped in his lifetime. I hope they find out what happened to this man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm curious as to whether there are surveillance cameras near the building, and also I wonder if anything could be gleaned from a scanner rewind from that evening (possible shots heard)??

* I posted a "rewind request" which I understand is time consuming, but maybe those scanner wizards can do their magic thing :D

Police and medical examiner officials could not immediately tell what kind of injury DeWolf suffered when he was found on Wednesday. It took until an autopsy performed Thursday for officials to determine DeWolf was killed by a single gunshot wound.

http://www.annarbor.com/news/crime/...d-investigating-death-of-u-m-medical-student/

Seems odd that it took an autopsy to determine he was shot. I wonder if the bullet could have been fired from outside or another room and it was just a freak accident that nobody's owned up to.

Maybe this shot wasn't through and through. If he tried to dodge the bullet it could have slashed across his throat , opening an artery. That might look like laceration rather than a bullet hole.

MOO

I saw a news clip of the Frat house on TV. The basement windows are the large type that are half up from ground level, and a large well type below ground level. I could see some railing around there, maybe for basement stairs and entrance/exit. Legally they would have to have some sort of exit down there for fire code. Maybe the killer came and left through this area.

According to this link, he lived in the basement room. It also seems there was a LE response to that neighborhood the previous night because a home invasion was reported.

Perhaps the robbers attempted to strike again? But again according to this article it didn't appear as if anything was out of place in his apartment.

Hope LE comes up with some clues soon! Such a wasted life. He seemed to have so much to offer. :(

JMHO
fran

According to this link, he lived in the basement room. It also seems there was a LE response to that neighborhood the previous night because a home invasion was reported.

Perhaps the robbers attempted to strike again? But again according to this article it didn't appear as if anything was out of place in his apartment.

Hope LE comes up with some clues soon! Such a wasted life. He seemed to have so much to offer. :(

JMHO
fran

Maybe somebody was about to rob the place, and the victim interrupted it? After killing the victim, the robber(s) run away and didn't take anything?

Hi all. I just joined this website. I have been following this case closely.
Some comments to the posts above:

There has been no report of anyone hearing a shot. I find this strange, because
there were other people in the building at the time of death. Is it possible
that people in the house would not hear a shot? Or was some kind of silencer used?

Was it a burglary gone wrong? There was a burglary nearby the day before. But then again, if you are a burglar, I think it would be stupid to target two neighboring houses in two consecutive days/nights. So most likely it would not have been the same burglar.
Also, one would expect some disarray in the room, some yelling as the victim
confronts the burglar, some things missing perhaps. Burglary seems unlikely
to me but not impossible.

Regarding cameras: I don't think that the frat house had any security cameras.
A building nearby had a security camera and the police identified a potential witness.
This witness has been interviewed. We have not heard anything about what came
out of this interview, but probably it was just a dead end.

The medical report clearly says that he has been shot by ANOTHER person. So
suicide can be ruled out now.

I agree that the image of DeWolf seems almost too perfect. Is he hiding any
skeletons in the closet that we do not know of? who nows? Could jealousy
of such a high achieving person be a motive? Possibly. I find it interesting that
the older brother Joshua, seems like the total opposite. Judging from his
facebook page he is a bipolar gun-enthusiast who has not been able
to hold on to any job. It is probably far fetched to suspect him though, and he probably
has a tight alibi as he lives 2 hours away.

Could the bullet have been fired outside the room? Perhaps from outside
though an open window? By a sniper?

Did the DeWolf own a gun? It is not unlikely. He mentions somewhere on his facebook
going to a shooting range. Could the death be an accident? Someone else
showing a gun to him and then the gun accidentally going off?

That's enough speculation for now...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back