975 users online (131 members and 844 guests)  

Websleuths News

TX - HS Football coach shot

http://www.startribune.com/stories/484/5335526.html

CANTON, Texas A high school football coach was shot on campus Thursday by a student's father who claimed to have a hit list, state officials said. Schools in the district were locked down while police searched for the shooter.

Police were not clear on the motive, but authorities have received reports that Robertson and the coach had an "altercation" sometime after Kinne took over the program in 2003, said Jasmine Andresen, a Texas Department of Public Safety officer. Robertson's son was on the team.

Robertson's truck apparently was found abandoned near a golf course off Interstate 20 between Tyler and Canton about two hours after the shooting, authorities said.

"The Sheriff's Department, DPS and Texas Rangers are all out here, but I haven't seen anything," said Justin Hill, who works at the Garden Valley Golf Course's pro shop in Lindale. "No one's running around here with an AK-47."

Live television footage showed several police cars parked behind the truck, and officers had their weapons drawn. It was not clear whether anyone was in the truck.

Diane Price, a cashier at Sister's Cafe in Canton, said she has known Robertson for 37 years; he was a high school classmate of her daughter.

She said after the coach was shot, customers told her that Robertson, who turned 45 on Wednesday, had gotten drunk at a party last night and bragged about his plans.

"I've heard that he was ill and not expected to live and he was going to even some scores," said Price, who didn't know what illness Robertson supposedly suffered.

Asked about Robertson's reputation in the community, Price said: "I wouldn't say he was respected. But he was well-known."

more at:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...1b4dafba4.html

www.bugmenot.com
    to read without registering.

Jeana, thank you so much for the update.

I doesn't me no good at all to be thinking there's a lunatic with an AK-47 a few miles away! I hope they catch him soon and that no one else gets hurt.

I'm slow on the uptake here Jeana ...

It looks like from the article that the shooter was an absolute nutjob, but he wasn't the only parent upset about how the football team was being managed.

The coach had his freshman son START as quarterback!?!?! That ain't right.

Quote Originally Posted by golfmom

The coach had his freshman son START as quarterback!?!?! That ain't right.
    Um neither is trying to KILL someone GM!!!!

If youre unhappy or frustrated with something you dont go and try to kill someone you hold responsible!!!!!!

The guy was apparently known as a **** and a bully and his son was kicked off the team as well as he (dad) was banned from school events.I know high school football is taken seriously in the South but to me,theres no justification for attempted murder!
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...

Quote Originally Posted by messiecake
    Um neither is trying to KILL someone GM!!!!

If youre unhappy or frustrated with something you dont go and try to kill someone you hold responsible!!!!!!

The guy was apparently known as a **** and a bully and his son was kicked off the team as well as he (dad) was banned from school events.I know high school football is taken seriously in the South but to me,theres no justification for attempted murder!

Messie, honey, of course he shouldn't have shot the coach. Jeana and I were previously having a discussion on football in TX and how obsessed folks are there. Jeana even had someone walk up to her while she was pregnant trying to get her to sign up for a football waiting list for her the child she was expecting!

It's amazing to me to watch other parent's during atheletic competitions. Some just don't have a clue. During a pee-wee soccer match the coach of the opposing team tried to get his kids (5 yos) to ATTACK/ASSAULT one of the kids on our team. I've seen parents destroy their kids friendships trying to get them to treat fellow teammates as the enemy.

The article quoted a lady who said that she didn't want people to think that the shooter was a nutjob, and that other parent's were unhappy as well. But, IMHO she's wrong! The guy was clearly a headcase, you don't shoot people who piss ya off in life.

Hugs! GM

GM
    I know that you know that killing is wrong!

Sometimes they way things come off when typed is a little screwy!
    ((((((HUGS)))))))I wasnt attacking at all-sorry it came off that way!!!!

OOOhh football is big chit in the south isnt it???

They are BRUTAL here in NC.people live and die by the scores!........I dont get it myself but to each his own!
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...