GUILTY KY - Trey Zwicker, 14, beaten to death, Louisville, 11 May 2011 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fran

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
This trial is in progress, just began opening statements today. If you get a chance, this is an interesting and heartbreaking case.

Is Joshua's bio dad solely responsible for Trey's murderer? or, Did Joshua Young play a part in the murder of his step brother Trey?

IF Joshua was there during the murder, should he be held responsible? As an adult, although he's only 17? or as a juvenile for he was only 15 at the time of the murder?

I'm sure we Websleuthers have varying opinions on this. If you have a chance, read up on the case and watch the trial on HLN or http://www.wlky.com/josh-young-murder-trial/-/9366718/21258968/-/d6wux9z/-/index.html

Thank you to poster CUCKOOHEAD for bringing this trial to our attention!

fran

Timeline: Here's what led to Joshua Young's trial

Joshua Young is on trial for complicity to murder in the death of his stepbrother, Trey Zwicker

The 17-year-old's father has pleaded guilty to Zwicker's murder and was sentenced to life in prison

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/07/29/joshua-young-trial-trey-zwicker-timeline-gouker

This trial is in progress, just began opening statements today. If you get a chance, this is an interesting and heartbreaking case.

Is Joshua's bio dad solely responsible for Trey's murderer? or, Did Joshua Young play a part in the murder of his step brother Trey?

IF Joshua was there during the murder, should he be held responsible? As an adult, although he's only 17? or as a juvenile for he was only 15 at the time of the murder?

I'm sure we Websleuthers have varying opinions on this. If you have a chance, read up on the case and watch the trial on HLN or http://www.wlky.com/josh-young-murder-trial/-/9366718/21258968/-/d6wux9z/-/index.html

Thank you to poster CUCKOOHEAD for bringing this trial to our attention!

fran

Timeline: Here's what led to Joshua Young's trial

Joshua Young is on trial for complicity to murder in the death of his stepbrother, Trey Zwicker

The 17-year-old's father has pleaded guilty to Zwicker's murder and was sentenced to life in prison

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/07/29/joshua-young-trial-trey-zwicker-timeline-gouker

Thanks Fran for the great link. woopwoop also has this trial but it is based on UK time and I don't know if that means it cuts off according to that time zone?

This is a very interesting case to me. The awful sperm donor (not a father IMO) is supposed to be called by the State. I don't trust what that man may say. I don't know how much this defendant knew about the beating and death of his step brother. I can put his appearence and age aside if he was a willing partner in the beating.

I thought there was some talk, from HLN?, that the blows this boy suffered were of different forces. As if two people beat him to death.

Awful...

This sounds like a very sad case. Too many trials to follow right now! I am finishing up on the Cady Way Trial right now.

Is this the deceased boy's father on the stand?

If so he planned on taking his son, Trey, fishing. I think Trey lived with him but Trey's mother is married/living with the <mod snip> now in prison and is step mother to this defendant.

I have just begun following this case this week, while we're waiting for other cases to begin their openings. I haven't read everything, but just enough to have a basic understanding.

Until 2010, Joshua lived with his mom and his dad was in jail. In April 2010, Joshua's mom OD'd and he was thrown into the system. Joshua eventually went to live with a good foster care family and he was thriving well. Then his dad was released from jail and a judge gave custody to his bio dad in March of 2011. Within two months Joshua's step brother Trey was murdered.

Joshua's dad has been convicted of the murder, which he admits to. Howsever they're saying Joshua was complicit in the act of murder itself. Whether he was or not, that's what the trial is for.

It's known that the dad supplied Joshua with drugs and *advertiser censored* and such. But how could a supposedly thriving teenager, turn to murder, all in the span of two months?

All I know is, Joshua never had a chance. Being raised by a drug addicted mom, then by a criminal. Where was children services when this child fell through the cracks? Should he be held responsible for the sins of the parents?

Interesting and heartbreaking case. :(

JMHO
fran

I agree this one is so heartbreaking. Josh gave statements about how much he loved his father, how happy his life was living with his father.

When does a teenager's idolization of a parent and following every order that parent issues fit with a young man making the moral decision to help in the attack on his younger step brother and thusly be held accountable to the laws of this country?

I have heard the father allude to gang affiliation. He is a . I have seen photos of Josh looking like a young would be . Two months under this father's 'spell'? Was that enough for him to help kill his stepbrother without a qualm?

Oh wow those sidebars are going to be murder on my ear drums. That is some hellacious static noise.

Another State that allows the jury to ask questions of each witness. I like this as a way to maybe understand what the juror/s may be thinking.

Another State that allows the jury to ask questions of each witness. I like this as a way to maybe understand what the juror/s may be thinking.

How interesting....I really like the idea of the jury asking questions, I think it helps them if there are any questons left after direct and cross, redirect, and recross.

Witness just said that Trey's body had not been identified yet but his mother was on scene.....I missed the reason why she was on scene? Did they report him missing?

I understand that some criminals get a black tear drop tattooed under the eye to show the person killed someone.

This 'father', that is in prison, has the tear drop tattoo but the ink isn't filled in. It is just the outline of a tear drop. I wonder if the person giving the tat figured out the 'father' was in prison for killing his teen age step son and at that point refused to fill in the ink. BECAUSE it takes a real man to kill a boy or a woman or someone half his size.

Witness just said that Trey's body had not been identified yet but his mother was on scene.....I missed the reason why she was on scene? Did they report him missing?

Trey's real father was just on the witness stand and he said he identified his son's body. I know I saw a video clip and it was of Trey's real mother. It looked like she was outside the police station and she screamed when she was told it was her son.

WEll look at that, another televised trial that does not stop during breaks. The people still in the courtroom are yucking it up...something about just lucky to get a shower during trial!....LOL

Thundar the father received a message about there being a problem with his son. At first he went to the house (which home?) and no one answered. Then he remembered the caller saying the problem was over at the school grounds so he went there. He was upset and told the officers he knew something was wrong because he couldn't get Trey on the phone and he wasn't replying to the texts he sent. I don't know how much the mother knew about his not being able to reach their son. I didn't know she was at the scene at the school where Trey was found.

Trey's real father was just on the witness stand and he said he identified his son's body. I know I saw a video clip and it was of Trey's real mother. It looked like she was outside the police station and she screamed when she was told it was her son.

I had seen an interview that Trey's biological dad gave about identifying his son's body. But I wonder why the mother was at the school where the body was found? She must have still been living with Zucker (sp) at the time. Editted to say thank you for answering that question. This witness just said the mother was there at the scene before the body was identified....

I saw some of the opening statements during my noon hour on HLN and then turned on the live feed (which cuts out a lot) after I got back to work, so I apparently missed some witnesses. I will have to play catchup later.

Court is back....same witness on the stand...now going over pictures of the crime scene.

WEll look at that, another televised trial that does not stop during breaks. The people still in the courtroom are yucking it up...something about just lucky to get a shower during trial!....LOL

:floorlaugh:

If you just tuned in wait until the first sidebar happens.

Crime scene photos being shown.

they showed a picture of a lawn mower blade....was that the murder weapon? Packs of cigarettes and cigarillos.......some pictures taken in a tunnel? A piece of concrete with blood splatter on it.....and a small tree trunk with blood on it. Number 5 a 3 muskateers candy wrapper. Number 38 a plastic water bottle....39 same marker with water bottle.....why are there pics taken from so many angles? Want a general view from where the body was found and then close up view of the evidence......

For some reason I though the drainage ditch was where the body was dumped. Blood splatter on a tree trunk at the ditch suggests the boy was ambushed and killed at this ditch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy