1336 users online (202 members and 1134 guests)  

Websleuths News

IN - Kids help cops rescue girl from New Castle playground abduction

NEW CASTLE — What unfolded in New Castle early Sunday evening sounds like a parent’s worst nightmare.

A 6-year-old girl, with other children on a playground at a local apartment complex, was snatched by a stranger who insisted he wanted to show her his “new kitten.”

According to police reports, the man pulled the child, by her wrist, to his second-floor apartment, where he quickly shut and locked his front door.

For that, they should thank the three youngsters who were playing with the alleged victim before she was approached by Cooper.

After he led her away, they gave chase and knocked at his front door, not drawing a response.

The children — including the girl’s older brother — then went door to door in the apartment building until they found an adult, resulting in a quick call to police.

http://www.indystar.com/article/2013...nclick_check=1

So frustrating! Yet another site that won't allow me to view without registering. So far can't find another report

While being led out of his apartment, the officer wrote, Cooper kept repeating, “I’m so stupid! I can’t believe I got caught doing this again.”
    From same link as the OP......... this is very telling! I wonder how many times he did NOT get caught again.
    Anything worth dewing, is worth dewing well!
    Proud parent of 3 rescued schnauzers

For any others not able to view,here's another. Why do I even read this stuff ?

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/crime...-year-old-girl

Those are smart and brave little kids-their parents should be proud!!!

I also found information thru Google:

The Courier Times New Castle Indiana

This guy is only 19 and got busted for the same thing when he was 14. If they don't put him away, he's going to start killing the victims so as to not leave witnesses, imo.

From gm's link with some snips, paraphrasing, and BBM:

A neighbor called police, who found the girl nude inside Cooper's apartment in a bedroom. Police found a large folding knife on a table.

Cooper told police, "I'm so stupid, I can't believe I got caught doing this again. Am I going to get into a lot of trouble for this? Because I want to talk to my girlfriend first.”

He told police the 6-year-old "wanted to have sex with me. It was her idea.” He said, “he had recently been on ‘parole’ from an incident when he was 14 after ‘having sex with another kid.’”

Quote Originally Posted by gm8549 View Post
    So frustrating! Yet another site that won't allow me to view without registering. So far can't find another report
    Delete your history along with your cookies and then try the link again, it should work for you then
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Thanks Mystic...I neglected to mention I have the browser set to show me cookies and then I either allow or deny. I denied their cookies.

Quote Originally Posted by TracyLynnS View Post
    This guy is only 19 and got busted for the same thing when he was 14. If they don't put him away, he's going to start killing the victims so as to not leave witnesses, imo.

A neighbor called police, who found the girl nude inside Cooper's apartment in a bedroom. Police found a large folding knife on a table.

Cooper told police, "I'm so stupid, I can't believe I got caught doing this again. Am I going to get into a lot of trouble for this? Because I want to talk to my girlfriend first.”

He told police the 6-year-old "wanted to have sex with me. It was her idea.” He said, “he had recently been on ‘parole’ from an incident when he was 14 after ‘having sex with another kid.’”

Seems to me, if he did this before and he was arrested at 14. This arrest would not be a public record because he was a juvenile at the time of the incident. He probably got his hand spanked by the Court.

IMO Now that he is an adult I sure hope he gets a long, long prison term!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TracyLynnS View Post

underlined by me...

you what? he seriously thought the cops would buy that?
    if he doesn't get locked up i will have lost all hope in the justice system
    All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; The point is to discover them.

Jodi Ann Arias - GUILTY 1st Degree Murder

Sentence - LIFE Without Parole