Recovered/Located CT - Robert Hoagland, 50, Newtown, 28 Jul 2013

CatFancier

Former Member
Reaction score
PD: 50-year-old Newtown man missing

missing2.jpg

http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/fairfield_cty/pd-50-year-old-newtown-man-missing#.Ufnkn5I3uGE

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/21356

Case Information
Status
Missing
First name
Robert
Middle name
Last name
Hoagland
Nickname/Alias
Date last seen
July 28, 2013 06:45
Date entered
08/07/2013
Age last seen
50 to years old
Age now
50 years old
Race
White
Ethnicity
Other
Sex
Male
Height (inches)
71.0 to 73.0
Weight (pounds)
170.0 to 185.0

So I guess everybody thought he appeared normal when they spoke to him? Did the son come back home that day and see all his things there? Very strange and sad.

Something I read said he doesn't have his phone, wallet, passport, or medication with him. He did withdraw $600 a few days before. I'm curious what medication he is on?

From the above link:
On the morning of Sunday, July 28, Hoagland drove his silver VW Golf to pick up bagels at Bagel Delight and put half a tank of gas in his car at Newtown Mobil. A few hours later, he ate breakfast with his son Max, mowed the lawn -- and disappeared. He apparently left behind his shoes, his phone, his car, his passport and his blood pressure medication. (More than two weeks later, Lori found his wallet and keys hidden under a doll on a chair in their bedroom.)

This would seem like an important piece of the puzzle. That his keys and wallet were "hidden" under a doll in their bedroom.

Something I read said he doesn't have his phone, wallet, passport, or medication with him. He did withdraw $600 a few days before. I'm curious what medication he is on?

The link above -patch mentions blood pressure medication.

Wow, I had a red flag in one of the articles about his last day- spending time with his son and I wondered about him.. strange.

Wasn't there a case a year or so ago where a man went missing and turned out his son had killed him?

Wasn't there a case a year or so ago where a man went missing and turned out his son had killed him?

Yes.

Similar circumstances too, IIRC.

I think the son took the unaccounted for $600 from his father's account prior - maybe a fight ensued. Maybe a drug problem..

Anger, rage, etc.

Not looking good - this man didn't just leave his family.

The NamUs profile for Robert hasn't been updated.

"Robert was last seen at a gas station filling up his VW Gulf and purchasing a map of the Eastern half on the United States. Robert returned home. His VW and two other vehicles are accounted for. Robert was not in posession of his cell which was left at the residence. Robert's wallet is missing and he may be in posession of that."

In fact, it lists 2 different times as last seen, which is 06:45 Sunday, July 28th,
and in the police report it mentions 10:00 am last seen on July 28th by one of his sons.
Maybe the 06:45am time period was when he was last seen in public?

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/21356

There is an article upthread that states that his wallet and keys were found hidden under a doll in the bedroom.

I wonder if they had cadaver dogs search the home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back