1943 users online (338 members and 1605 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Was this an isolated incident?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep,she was the first and only victim

    7 38.89%
  • No,it happened before/no,it probably went on even after JB

    11 61.11%

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,948

    Isolated incident?

    This poll isn't about PR nor about an intruder...
    I am thinking of the other 2 persons who were in the house at the time of the murder and at least one of them was JB's abuser...
    What do you think...did he do it before ?was she the first victim?did he stop?did therapy help in this case?will he do it again?
    Ramsey case: "Instead of being the DNA of one person, they have instead created a composite of someone who does not exist. "

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,948
    I can't stop thinking of VDSloot....I just KNEW he will do it again one day!It's not like there is some magic therapy for child molesters,child killers and very troubled kids...the problem was there,is there and probably will be forever...
    whoever did it must be a very unstable person....and I am wondering ....was this the first and LAST time this person acted out?did it happen before or even after JB's death but no one connected the dots?I am thinking more of abuse not the killing (but who knows....)
    Ramsey case: "Instead of being the DNA of one person, they have instead created a composite of someone who does not exist. "

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,982
    Interesting poll! As far as JR goes, if he did it, the rumors about his older daughter are troubling, but of course they are/were rumors, and I think it might be unfair to attach too much significance to them. it's not surprising to hear rumors like that after what happened to JB.

    As far as BR goes, Kolar's research reveals, "despite concerns that children who began offending at an early age would continue into their later years, evidence suggests that the bulk of children diagnosed with SBP were at a very low risk of committing further sex offenses, especially when provided with appropriate treatment." (375) the Ramsey's admit that BR was receiving counseling before JB's death as well as after the move to Atlanta. there was never any statement as to what he was being treated for, nor do we know whether or not he was diagnosed with SBP. However, there were aspects of both BR and JB's medical records that the Ramsey's refused to divulge. That's a a greater cause for concern IMO than the rumors regarding JR.

    IDk, on one hand The stats Kolar discusses Re: child sexual abusers are scary as hell, yet he also acknowledges the success of early treatment.

    So basically I think I'm saying I have no clue. I'm still on my first cup of coffee, maybe that's my problem

    One thing I do know is that I'm glad it appears JR isn't/won't have any more kids!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,697
    What I don't understand is, if Burke's medical records were sealed, how did Kolar find out what was in them? I know both Ramsey adults hinted/stated that Burke had psychiatric care but they never stated why. They hinted that they did not want this all to come back to haunt him when he was 40 (iirc).

    Sibling sexual experimentation and abuse are far more prevalent than many might think but I'd have to see the medical records that prove that is the case here. Did Kolar see these records or is he speculating about the whys of the "island of privacy" the Ramseys requested?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    7,943
    Quote Originally Posted by BOESP View Post
    What I don't understand is, if Burke's medical records were sealed, how did Kolar find out what was in them? I know both Ramsey adults hinted/stated that Burke had psychiatric care but they never stated why. They hinted that they did not want this all to come back to haunt him when he was 40 (iirc).

    Sibling sexual experimentation and abuse are far more prevalent than many might think but I'd have to see the medical records that prove that is the case here. Did Kolar see these records or is he speculating about the whys of the "island of privacy" the Ramseys requested?
    BOESP,
    Why don't you pose that as a question on Tricia's True Crime Radio? Kolar might hint if he is speculating or has probable cause etc?


    .

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,697
    Quote Originally Posted by UKGuy View Post
    BOESP,
    Why don't you pose that as a question on Tricia's True Crime Radio? Kolar might hint if he is speculating or has probable cause etc?


    .
    I would like to know too but it isn't a fair question. There's no way he can answer it directly or even covertly without putting himself in jeopardy.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    7,943
    Quote Originally Posted by BOESP View Post
    I would like to know too but it isn't a fair question. There's no way he can answer it directly or even covertly without putting himself in jeopardy.
    BOESP,
    Give it a go. The R's reputation is toast now that we know the GJ voted to indict JR and PR.

    If Kolar is speculating and he has sound reasons, he might just want to share this with you, there is no legal reason he cannot.

    Similarly I would like Kolar to run over his rationale for assuming it all kicked off in the breakfast bar then down to the basement?

    If Kolar tells you he cannot discuss BR's records etc, then you have an answer, albeit in the negative, suggesting something more than speculation.


    .

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,982
    Quote Originally Posted by BOESP View Post
    What I don't understand is, if Burke's medical records were sealed, how did Kolar find out what was in them? I know both Ramsey adults hinted/stated that Burke had psychiatric care but they never stated why. They hinted that they did not want this all to come back to haunt him when he was 40 (iirc).

    Sibling sexual experimentation and abuse are far more prevalent than many might think but I'd have to see the medical records that prove that is the case here. Did Kolar see these records or is he speculating about the whys of the "island of privacy" the Ramseys requested?
    I just finished the book, he doesn't ever see the medical records, but boy did he want to!!!!! He is quite baffled how the Rs were able to effectively withhold both kids records.

    What I liked about Kolar's style was the way he illustrates his systematic approach to ruling things out. I'm sure all good detectives do this, but to see it in b&w drove the point home for me.

    During his investigation he considered:

    • "Did JR or PR have a motive to intentionally kill their daughter?"


    He didn't believe that likely...

    • "was it possible PR had lost her temper during an argument and struck JB with an object?"


    He didn't find that likely either.

    He states, "it was clear someone struck her, it wasn't self inflicted, and if it wasn't PR then who?

    • If the parents didn't intentionally do it, and if there was no intruder, then why go to all that effort to stage a cover up?
    • Who would benefit?
    • Who was being protected?
    • Why?"


    He "believed this was a viable investigative lead that deserved pursuit..." With the medical records possibly playing a key role. all of this was part of his investigative presentation to Lacy et al. when he had finished, he states, "Mary Lacy's response was something I'll never forget. She told me she was unwilling to pursue that lead b/c she DIDN'T WANT TO HARM HER RELATIONSHIP WITH THE RAMSEY FAMILY." (277-281)

    My blood pressure rises just by looking back through the text!!!

    &&sorry didn't mean to high jack the thread!

    !

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,697
    Quote Originally Posted by UKGuy View Post
    BOESP,
    Give it a go. The R's reputation is toast now that we know the GJ voted to indict JR and PR.

    If Kolar is speculating and he has sound reasons, he might just want to share this with you, there is no legal reason he cannot.

    Similarly I would like Kolar to run over his rationale for assuming it all kicked off in the breakfast bar then down to the basement?

    If Kolar tells you he cannot discuss BR's records etc, then you have an answer, albeit in the negative, suggesting something more than speculation.


    .
    I'm not going to put him on the spot but if you want to ask him go ahead. I'm not greedy.



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-15-2013, 05:25 PM
  2. Peru: Isolated Mashco-Piro Indians Appear On Busy River Bank
    By Coldpizza in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-31-2012, 10:12 PM
  3. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 08-10-2010, 09:40 PM