Thread: UT - Jane Ashby, 62, Tooele, 31 Jul 2013

UT - Jane Ashby, 62, Tooele, 31 Jul 2013

62-year-old woman missing after leaving for work Wednesday

http://www.heraldextra.com/news/loca...ment_form=true
    Where is Cherrie Mahan?
    Who is Snohomish County Jane Doe?
    Justice for Alanna Gallagher

"I cannot tell you how a child like that can get through the nine months, but she has done that. That concludes to us that she has a level of strength that I'm not sure any of us has."

Jane Young about Abigail Hernandez

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CatFancier For This Useful Post:

POLICE LOOKING FOR MISSING TOOELE WOMAN

http://www.abc4.com/mostpopular/stor...16sL_Iqzg.cspx
    Where is Cherrie Mahan?

"I cannot tell you how a child like that can get through the nine months, but she has done that. That concludes to us that she has a level of strength that I'm not sure any of us has."

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CatFancier For This Useful Post:

Mystery of missing woman deepens, massive search under way

http://www.heraldextra.com/news/loca...f4a772210.html

4 hours ago • Caleb Warnock - Daily Herald

A massive police search in Utah County is under way for a 62-year-old woman who left her Tooele home on Wednesday but never showed up at the Utah Farm Bureau offices in Sandy for work.

Jane Ashby had been fighting depression, compounded by a recent accident that left her with stitches in her cheek and the death of her husband from cancer in December.
    http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...ele-woman.html
    Where is Cherrie Mahan?

After a week, few clues on missing Tooele woman

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/56...immer.html.csp
    Where is Cherrie Mahan?

Roselvr is offline NJ Billy's Law Advocate - ask me how to get your loved one entered in NamUs
    I wish they were able to find her...

LostNMissing Blog - URGENT MISSING: Jane Ashby, 62

Mystery of missing woman deepens, massive search under way August 06 - Police on Thursday had pinged Ashby's cell phone and have been able to confirm that the phone is somewhere in the Draper area. Several more pings also confirmed the Draper location. But the last ping before the cell phone battery presumably died showed the phone in American Fork, where police are now searching for the woman.

In addition, police have received a tip from a member of the public who believes they spotted Ashby in Payson. Police there are also searching.

Police have now also been able to confirm that Ashby's credit card was used at 11 a.m. at a Tooele Walmart shortly after she left her home on Wednesday. Her $5 purchase has left her family devastated.

"It shows she bought bleach and Drano," her daughter said. "When those are mixed together it creates a very poisonous gas. If she has mixed them in her vehicle, it could be very dangerous to open. I wouldn't want anyone to get hurt, so if someone finds the vehicle, just call the police."

After a week, few clues on missing Tooele woman
    Aug 07 2013 01:47 pm • Last Updated Aug 07 2013 07:29 pm

Jane Ashby, 62, was last seen in Tooele on July 31 after telling family members that she was leaving for a meeting at work. ...
    According to Tooele Police Lt. Paul Wimmer, there was no such meeting, and Ashby hasn’t been heard from since. Wimmer said that police were able to track her cell phone to the American Fork area before the phone ran out of batteries.
    ...Ashby’s daughter, Michelle Graves, said the family may begin searching in the Fairview Canyon area, a place that Ashby and her late husband used to enjoy visiting together.
    Last edited by Roselvr; 08-10-2013 at 03:00 PM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roselvr For This Useful Post:

Nighttime vigil planned for missing Tooele woman

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/56...olice.html.csp

First Published 5 hours ago • Updated 5 hours ago
    By Kimball Bennion | The Salt Lake Tribune

Coworkers of a Tooele woman who has been missing for more than two weeks will hold a vigil this weekend in support of Jane Ashby and her family.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to summer_breeze For This Useful Post:

Roselvr is offline NJ Billy's Law Advocate - ask me how to get your loved one entered in NamUs
    Quote Originally Posted by summer_breeze View Post
    http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/56...olice.html.csp

First Published 5 hours ago • Updated 5 hours ago
    By Kimball Bennion | The Salt Lake Tribune
    so very sad...

Tooele Police and Ashby’s family have combed various canyons and campgrounds in Salt Lake and Utah counties, where Ashby was known to frequent, but have so far turned up nothing.

"We haven’t had any leads or anything," said Ashby’s daughter, Michelle Gray. "The police are really baffled about it.

Where is Cherrie Mahan?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to CatFancier For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CatFancier View Post
    Thank you. I spoke to her daughter; put her in touch with LostNMissing; hoping they will give her a few billboards. Also hoping she can get a few more news stories to get her SUV out there so that if anyone sees one; they will think twice. My heart breaks for her family.

Search continues for missing Tooele woman Jane Ashby, 62, was last seen walking out of her house about 10:45 a.m. on July 31 and then driving off in her car, a 2011 red Ford Escape plates B338RG

Ashby's family knows there's a possibility that their loved one left to commit suicide. But they want to find her, either before it's too late or so they can have closure.

"We still have to find her," said her daughter, Michelle Ashby. "All of her family are just in agony of not knowing what happened."

The only purchase made on any of Ashby's credit cards since she disappeared were Drano and bleach at the Tooele Wal-Mart - Rather than her prescribed medications, the only drug Ashby took with her was a large bottle of Ambien, her daughter said

Her mother's phone was last traced to the Draper area on Wednesday night and Thursday, and American Fork on Thursday night before its battery ran out. Michelle Ashby does not know of any friends or relatives her mother has in those areas.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Roselvr For This Useful Post:

I've offered her daughter help. Is there anyone else that has some time to give?
    Want to try to make a time line; see if we can figure things out. It may end up being on a secret group on FB. She needs to bring her mother home.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Roselvr For This Useful Post:

Utah Department of Public Safety

http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/missingpersons.html

FEATURED UTAH MISSING PERSON

MISSING SINCE: 7/31/2013
    DOB:
    HEIGHT: 5' 02"
    WEIGHT: 150 lbs
    HAIR: Brown
    EYES:
    RACE:

CONTACT: Tooele County Sheriff's Office (435) 882-5600 or (435) 833-8300
    MISSING ENDANGERED : Jane was last seen wearing jeans and a button-down shirt left unbuttoned over the top of a T-shirt. Jane Ashby is about 5 feet 2 inches tall, weighs 150 pounds and wears glasses. She was last seen driving a 2011 red Ford Escape with Utah license plate B338RG.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to summer_breeze For This Useful Post:

Body of missing Utah woman Jane Ashby likely found

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/56...amily.html.csp
    Where is Cherrie Mahan?

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CatFancier For This Useful Post:

Thank you. I was thinking about them yesterday but never had a chance to get to the page
    Fb post I just want to let everyone know that my mother, Jane Ashby, was found earlier today. Her car and body were found at the bottom of a deep ravine in Middle Canyon.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Roselvr For This Useful Post:

Jane Ashby NamUs profile

Area she was found - Driving Down Middle Canyon Road, Utah - YouTube

Not Jane; but this is where her cell last pinged Climber in serious condition after falling 40 feet in American Fork Canyon

Scouts find body of missing woman while hiking in Tooele County

Police said the scouts found the body near a red SUV on a rugged mountainside in Tooele County. Family members said initially they were worried Ashby had left her house to commit suicide. Preliminary reports by police, however, said her car most likely went off the road down a steep embankment not viewable from the road.

Sgt. Lonnie Collings with the Tooele City Police Department said it appeared Ashby took a wrong turn and her car veered off the side of a switchback. He said the car and body were found off a road that connects Tooele City with Salt Lake County near Middle Canyon.

"There are some very tight switchbacks," Collings said. "She went off the road and her car plunged 800 to 1000 feet down a steep mountainside."

The wreckage was discovered Saturday afternoon by a troop of boy scouts who had been hiking in the area. Collings said the scouts came upon the SUV first and then found the body near the scene of the accident.

"They picked up an ID and got a hold of law enforcement," Collings said.

Collings said police can't confirm the body is that of Ashby's until the medical examiner releases a report but the car and the ID are both hers.

"Family has been notified," Collings said. "We have every reason to believe the deceased is Jane Ashby. These roads had been searched before, but there's no way to see the wreckage from the road."

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Roselvr For This Useful Post:

I want to share the obituary for Jane's husband Grant. I'm not sure what type of cancer he fought; but I know all too well losing loved ones to this horrible monster. Lost my dad (AML Leukemia) & father in law (rare brain cancer) within 6 weeks of each other. MIL fought breast cancer. Son's great Aunt recently passed away a month after being diagnosed terminal lung cancer. I don't doubt that Jane was heart broken. He sounds like a really great guy.

Grant George Ashby - 11/23/38 - 12/17/12 - after a courageous battle with cancer.... served active duty in the US Air force from 57-58 & Air Force reserves from 58-65, as aircraft radio repairman.

...was a “jack of all trades” with his love being in the “integrated circuit” field. He loved to invent and create. He started his own security business call Eagle Security.

He loved being on his old tractor. He truly made a “diamond” out of some really “rough” stuff on his 2 ½ acre “Ashby Acres” in Tooele Utah. Grant loved boating. His favorite spot was Lake Powell, but really he loved anywhere that he could get the boat in the water. He loved to take people on his boat and share the fun with all. He loved camping in Yellowstone and on Skyline Drive. He and Jane especially loved when his parents would meet them on Skyline Drive with their dune buggy and then he and Jane would go off riding on all the roads and trails. He loved snowmobiling up on Mirror Lake Highway.

Grant loved his horse “Annie Chrome”. He loved being involved with 4H as Michelle showed and competed. They would take their motor home and every one would hang out in between their events and eat lots of food. He always made sure all felt welcomed....

...Grant loved his mother. I am sure that she was the first one to welcome and assist him through the veil. We love you Grant (Dad). We will see you soon.

He is survived by his loving wife Jane Eldora Ashby and his dear father Grant Alvin Ashby Sr., his two brothers Rod (Jeanne) Ashby and Gary (Patricia) Ashby. He has 4 children, Cindy (Bart) Wilde, Doug (Shelly) Ashby, Mark (Debbie) Ashby, and Michelle (Morrie) Graves. He is Grandpa to 17 grandchildren and 19 great-grandchildren.

Grant George Ashby, Jr Find a grave What a beautiful head stone. Does anyone know what sealed refers to? It says Married Oct 16, 1976 - Sealed April 20, 1982

At what point does the post title get changed?

Police: Body of missing Tooele woman found

Toole police Sgt. Lonnie Collings says a group of Boy Scouts on a hike Saturday in Tooele County found the body of 62-year-old Jane Ashby along with her personal belongings and the wreckage of her SUV....

...Her body will be sent to the state medical examiner to pinpoint the cause of death and to confirm her identity.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
    Grant George Ashby, Jr Find a grave What a beautiful head stone. Does anyone know what sealed refers to? It says Married Oct 16, 1976 - Sealed April 20, 1982

At what point does the post title get changed?
    Sealed is a reference to a ceremony within the Mormon church. The thread will be moved to Found Deceased and moved to the Located forum once official confirmation is made in MSM.
    Where is Cherrie Mahan?

29. The Following User Says Thank You to CatFancier For This Useful Post:

Son of missing woman thanks scout troop that found her body

http://fox13now.com/2013/10/13/son-o...ound-her-body/
    Where is Cherrie Mahan?

31. The Following User Says Thank You to CatFancier For This Useful Post: