742 users online (106 members and 636 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

UK - Daniel Pelka, 4, starved & beaten to death, Coventry, 3 March 2012

A series of appalling blunders by police, social workers, teachers and NHS staff allowed a boy of four to be starved, tortured and beaten to death by his mother and her lover.

During the nine-week trial, Birmingham Crown Court heard how Daniel was systematically starved, tortured, force-fed salt and locked in a home-made cell in Coventry for days.

He was so frightened of Krezolek – who forced him to perform punishment exercises such as squat thrusts – that he would wet himself when spoken to by an adult man.
    snip

By the time he died a few months short of his fifth birthday he weighed 1st 9lbs, the same as an 18-month-old child. 'Those with the ultimate duty of care turned Daniel from a beautiful and bright-eyed little boy into a broken bag of bones' Detective Inspector Chris Hanson.

He also stood 3ft 3inches tall, six inches smaller than the average. His body bore 30 separate injuries, including the fatal bleed on his brain caused by a violent assault to the head.
    snip

The court heard how the couple managed to trick officials into believing that Daniel was suffering from a genetically inherited eating disorder which left him permanently hungry.

His teacher Lisa Godfrey described seeing him scavenging in classmates’ lunchboxes for food and likened his gaunt appearance to that of a ‘leukaemia’ sufferer.
    snip

Witnesses said he was ‘disappearing’ inside his school uniform and looked ‘desperate and lonely’. By then, he had been reduced to looking in playground bins. The pair told the school that he should not be fed as it would interfere with the medication for the fictional condition, so staff locked up the other children’s lunchboxes.
    snip

The police chief who investigated the murder described the killing of Daniel as an 'unforgivable and heart-breaking' betrayal of trust.

'They showed him no compassion, no care and not an ounce of kindness. After a savage beating they left him, starving, locked in a room in the dark to die on his own.'
    snip

In his at times heart-breakingly callous account, Daniel's stepfather admitted he would not have subjected a child of his own to the punishments and cruelties Daniel was forced to endure.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...h-parents.html

There is much more at the link including pics of the monsters... Magdalena Luczak, 27, and stepfather Mariusz Krezolek, 34. Text messages that help convict them and of the room Daniel was forced to stay in.

North Carolina's beautiful Blue Ridge Mtns.
    This is so sad! Bless his little heart!
    About the time we can make ends meet, somebody moves the ends. Herbert Hoover

Reminds me of the Baby P case, and as with Baby P everybody who should have stepped in to protect him failed to do so. I suppose we'll hear the usual about how lessons will be learned, yada yada. Till the next time.

They both got sentenced to life with a minimum of 30 years. I'm pleased with that. I don't get why Baby P's killers didn't get a sentence similar to that.

Good sentence.

From memory, Baby P's killers weren't all convicted of murder so the sentences wouldn't have been as long. One of those three was paroled after only 5 years!

North Carolina's beautiful Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Be sure to read what the judge told them at sentencing! Great job Judge!!!!
    Bless this little angel's heart!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...d-cruelty.html
    About the time we can make ends meet, somebody moves the ends. Herbert Hoover

I wish I hadn't read the article. My heart is sick.
    Rest in peace, poor, sweet little boy.
    Evil, evil "people" who could do these things to an innocent child. Pure evil.

thepinkdragon is offline Verified US Army Veteran/Certified Veteran's Mental Health & PTSD Advocate
    I am so heartbroken after having read those articles. How can a mother do that to her own child? How could so many people turn a blind eye and do nothing?! My own son is 5 and a half. He can be difficult at times but I would never ever even think to starve him or beat him etc. omg that poor baby RIP Daniel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

This has pizzed me off to no end! This is why I wish we still had the death penalty over here.

I just cannot justify locking people like this up, they get 3 meals a day, heat, light, tv, etc they deserve to be treated the exact same way daniel was!

That poor boy must have been absolutely terrified every day of his life, no child should ever ever have to be put through that.

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using my hippocampus
    All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; The point is to discover them.

Jodi Ann Arias - GUILTY 1st Degree Murder

Sentence - LIFE Without Parole

My OH and I have talked about this all weekend. What gets us is, why did the school let Daniel not be fed without a medical note? The moment his mother said "Rare Eating Disorder." The school should have challenged her against this and demanded a note from his GP. As well as that, the moment they saw him steal food from other children, eating rotten and dirty food from floors and bins that should have raised alarm bells.

I remember a guy in my class at primary school. He always worse dirty clothes, never cleaned his teeth and would steal food from packed lunches. At one point, he stole £20 from the teacher's purse. Something serious must have been going on for him to do that.

I just hope the parents get their ass kicked in prison. In female prisons in the UK, you harm kids, you get tortured.

Quote Originally Posted by Knitsy View Post
    My OH and I have talked about this all weekend. What gets us is, why did the school let Daniel not be fed without a medical note? The moment his mother said "Rare Eating Disorder." The school should have challenged her against this and demanded a note from his GP. As well as that, the moment they saw him steal food from other children, eating rotten and dirty food from floors and bins that should have raised alarm bells.

I remember a guy in my class at primary school. He always worse dirty clothes, never cleaned his teeth and would steal food from packed lunches. At one point, he stole £20 from the teacher's purse. Something serious must have been going on for him to do that.

I just hope the parents get their ass kicked in prison. In female prisons in the UK, you harm kids, you get tortured.
    I agree. They wouldn't put my son in the nut free classroom without a note from the doctor. Totally understandable. I don't see how they didn't demand proof. This is so scary and appalling.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com

Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~

This judge did a great job. We need more like her over here in the UK, with our ****** "justice" system.

s: s:

What a great judge!!

The bolded statement below was at the end of the court article. I wish Justice Cox could be the judge for the hearings/trials of the failings of professionals.

A serious case review is due to report next month on the failings by professionals.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2axW6p18i

A serious case review found Daniel Pelka, four, was "invisible" at times and "no professional tried sufficiently hard enough" to talk to him.

Daniel's case upset me so badly, he was let down by the very people who should have been there to protect him against the evil scum who were supposed to love him. He has spurred me on to get back into working with young children. It breaks my heart how much dispair he must have felt. RIP little angel.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-24106823
    To truly know the world, look deeply within your own being; to truly know yourself, take real interest in the world.
    ~ Rudolf Steiner

i couldnt even finish reading...scavaging in bins was as far as I got. This poor child. Lord. Im crying at work.
    Rest in Peace John 08/09/86-04/24/2014.

Husband, father and son. I miss you and so does your son.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast