Bagel heads

TrackerSam

Reaction score
I don't get it, I just don't.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/26/bagel-head-forehead-injections-japan-saline_n_1916188.html

Botox is more ubiquitous than yoga pants in Hollywood. But women (and men) in Asia have been taking part in a different injection "trend" for years: saline bagel-shaped injections on one's forehead.

"National Geographic Taboo" chronicles the bizarre beauty treatment in an upcoming episode set in Tokyo, following three people who opt into the temporary forehead injections which have become a keen part of the Japanese "body modification" art scene.

Here's how it goes down: technicians insert a needle into the forehead and inject about 400 cc of saline to create a forehead-sized blob. (One bagel-ee describes is as feeling like "something's dripping down [his] head" and a "slight stinging sensation.") The practitioner then places his or her thumb into the blob to create the indentation.

Here's another way to achieve that look. :banghead:

Attachments

• s-BAGEL-HEAD-large.jpg
    s-BAGEL-HEAD-large.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 21
"Here's another way to achieve that look. :banghead:"

I laughed and laughed!

OMG! I hope that never catches on in the US! That looks awful!

A couple of years ago I happened to see someone with those earlobe extenders! I hated those too!

That has got to be the strangest thing I have ever seen in my life.

... Are we sure that's safe? It doesn't seem like putting that much saline in your head (Apparently) without it being an a "Pouch" (Think breast implants) would be safe.

Hmmmmmmmm. Bagel heads or slobs with their pants down showing off their scruffy boxer short?

Bring on the bagel heads!

That has got to be the strangest thing I have ever seen in my life.

... Are we sure that's safe? It doesn't seem like putting that much saline in your head (Apparently) without it being an a "Pouch" (Think breast implants) would be safe.

It's safe assuming you are using injectible saline. I would not expect it to last for more then a week tops before the saline is totally absorbed by the body.

It does remiond me of when I was first put on insulin. I had an appointment to see a nurse once I got supplies. I got them a weekend early. So to try it out, I took some distilled water and injected. I then learned that you should used saline not just water. Ouch!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back