GUILTY TX - Briana Young, 20, killed in shooting at Tyler park, 30 July 2013

demetra

Reaction score
My friends daughter was killed this week while she was at the park with her 3 year old son,by gang members shooting while driving by,her child was hand in hand with her as she tried to shield him.
There is a vigil Saturday august/3 at the park she died at. The message the pastor is trying to get across is " violence will not be tolerated"

I just thought i would post this so if anyone in this area would be interested in going.

P.T. Cole Park. 1001 South Vine Avenue. Tyler, Texas
8-9 p.m
http://kltv.com/story/23031244/past...gil-for-shooting-victim#.Ufw-C9GUjfQ.facebook

So sorry for what happened in your circle Demetra. Some things in life just cannot be explained. The loss of a young mother is one of those things. I live in Ohio so won't be attending. But my thoughts will be with you.

Is the child ok physically?

Does police know who did it?

So sorry for what happened in your circle Demetra. Some things in life just cannot be explained. The loss of a young mother is one of those things. I live in Ohio so won't be attending. But my thoughts will be with you.

Is the child ok physically?

Does police know who did it?

Yes the baby is fine when the shooting started she pulled him up to her,and she was hit.
He seen everything bless his heart!
There is rumor that they have a lot leads but nothing media wise yet.I am so sad he seen his mommy like that..

Hugs! So sorry for your loss. May God bless all of you.

I have been arguing so much with comments on the news sites that i am way stressed out!
They have nothing to say about a beautiful/educated/devoted mom loosing her life,but they have plenty to say about she was at the park at 9:30 {the middle of the night) with a baby and it was full of 30 gangsters wow just wow..It was damn near 98 degrees still at 8:15 that night/she didn't drive anywhere it is a neighborhood park and the shooting was not 9:30 that's when they reported and started investigating ect..I played ball a many day and night there with my sons and nephews..So terrible people will say anything and don't give a damn about the victim.

Demetra your are wasting your energy to argue with the trolls. You won't change their minds because they will only read enough to find something else to argue about.

I recommend staying off the comments section for family and friends. But if you really feel it is necessary then go on, talk about her and what a loving mother etc and so on, then get off. Don't argue with the trolls. Read only enough to tell you if they are talking about someone involved then ignore them.

It takes strength to do that too. But once you lower yourself to arguing with them, she kind of gets lost in the struggle.

Demetra your are wasting your energy to argue with the trolls. You won't change their minds because they will only read enough to find something else to argue about.

I recommend staying off the comments section for family and friends. But if you really feel it is necessary then go on, talk about her and what a loving mother etc and so on, then get off. Don't argue with the trolls. Read only enough to tell you if they are talking about someone involved then ignore them.

It takes strength to do that too. But once you lower yourself to arguing with them, she kind of gets lost in the struggle.

You are so right..I was getting very angry so i stopped..i went back edited my post to..Thank you

I am so sorry demetra. A senseless loss of a beautiful young mother. She died saving her son's life.

So much loss of young lives. This horrible gang violence is not being addressed! The politicians and all the leaders and even the general public need to start caring about the people suffering this every day.

There was a large crowd there tonight..It was sad and heartbreaking but uplifting at the same time. Children's laughter filled the air as they played on the swings and slide.Standing there where this beautiful/young mother was gunned down i found myself able to hear the words others were saying,then silence and deafness like i was alone there, even tho there were people everywhere.There was a lot of love and support there even car loads of police came and showed support and keep a watch.My baby (26) is having his first child he and his fiancee went with me tonight i am terrified of our children's future if this violence doesn't stop!

http://www.fox51.com/news/man-pleads-guilty-2013-pt-cole-park-shooting-gets-45-years-prison

A man arrested in connection with the murder of a Tyler mother has been sentenced to 45 years in prison in exchange for a guilty plea.

According to judicial records, Elisha "E.J." Williams, 20, of Tyler, who turned himself in on Thursday, September 5, 2013, pleaded guilty to murder in the shooting death of Briana Raquel Young...

Others who were arrested in connection with the crime were Ke’Avier Jarrod Wilson-Hurd, Dennis Bendy and Rakheem Goldstein. Bendy received a sentence of life in prison, Wilson-Hurd was "no billed," and Goldstein's trial is expected to begin March 16.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back