Canada - Connor, 6, & Noah Barthe, 4, killed by python, Campbellton, NB, 5 Aug 2013

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Matthew Keys ‏@MatthewKeysLive 11m
CBC: Two children dead after boa constrictor escapes from New Brunswick zoo.
2 children dead after large snake escapes N.B. urban zoo. (cbc.ca)
Two children died after a large snake got into an apartment in Campbellton, N.B.

The snake is believed to have gotten loose from an urban zoo called Reptile Ocean. The victims were reportedly five and seven years old.

They were in the apartment above the zoo.

Initial reports suggest the snake was a boa constrictor. CBC is trying to confirm the details.

"The city is in shock," said Deputy Mayor Ian Comeau.
---

ETA: thread title notwithstanding, more recent reports have said the snake
was a python; also, the initially reported "urban zoo" is now called a pet store

Totally disturbing...can barely stand to think about it without screaming Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!!!!!!!!!!!

So sorry to hear of this family's loss.

Let's hope that the owners of that snake get at least the same
sentence that the parents of Shaianna Hare got.

12 years in prison.

I just read about this. So strange, would the snake do this if he wasn't hungry? Is this a normal behavior even if the snake doesn't want to eat?

W.T.F.?

I wonder if the "zoo" knew he had escaped? Had the apartment occupants been made aware of the danger?

Another reason why road side "zoos" should be shut down.

It was a pet store not a zoo:

It's believed the snake escaped from a pet store called Reptile Ocean. The victims were boys aged five and seven. They were visiting a friend in the apartment above the store, police said in a statement released Monday.

nb-reptile-zoo-rain-620.jpg

Horrible. wow.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/story/2013/08/05/nb-two-die-boa-attack.html

OMG! I cannot imagine how terrified those two precious children were. GB them. I totally freaked when I had a black snake in the house about 6 weeks ago. My heart is pounding hearing about this for them.
I'll say it..........WTF??????? Total absolute negligence!

wow, I'll bet the attorneys are lining up outside the parents doors for this one. HUGE wrongful death, negligence, etc.

Horrible way to go. Suffocation. MOO

I really don't want to ask this ... but .. uhmmmm .. were the children just strangled, or eaten? UGH!

More details:

Mr Savoie, the owner of Reptile Ocean in Campbellton, described to Global News how he found the two boys dead in his apartment about 6.30am on Monday.

The boys are brothers, the children of Mr Savoie's best friend. He said they often sleep over at his apartment.
'I thought they were sleeping until I (saw) the hole in the ceiling. I turned the lights on and I (saw) this horrific scene,' he said.

'(The snake) went through a ventilation system. I don’t understand how it did it. It went through the ceiling... and the snake fell through the living room from the ceiling,' he said.

The snake is not usually handled by anyone in the store and Mr Savoie said he does not know how it escaped its cage in the pet shop.

He said he has owned the giant snake for more than a decade.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...es-2-boys-5-7-sleep-New-Brunswick-Canada.html

I hope there is an autopsy done on these boys. This is the store owner's apartment??? They were sleeping over and are his best friend's kids. This could be hink. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back