1160 users online (175 members and 985 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Locally I am hearing she was home schooled (I hate when this is linked to mistreated kids, I home taught mine). Also have heard Erica does not know her birthdate. No reason given, except that her family seemed uncaring. Parents are reported by same news outlet that they thought she was with relatives. Ones they never checked with..? Relatives in Asheville? How do you not report? Also thrown into the story is that Erica was adopted at 2weeks. I adopted older kids, and after explaining where our new 5 and 6 year olds came from (lol), the subject never came up. They are my children, not my children adopted when 6.

Me fail English? That's unpossible!

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/samandersen

Quote Originally Posted by ktgirl View Post
    I was about to ask if Erica may have a health condition that caused her short stature, but after some googling, I'm not sure if it could be that she's just shorter (no medical condition causing it or disability).

According to this, the avergae height and weight for a 13 year old girl is:
    60 - 63 inches and 95 - 105 lbs.
    http://www.disabled-world.com/artman...ht-teens.shtml
    That makes her about 7" shorter than the average at 13 (according to these numbers, I was 5" taller than this at 13, which is also when I stopped growing), so IMO there's plenty of inches under/over that many 13 year olds are; I don't really know if her height alludes to more going on with her. I hit my final growth spurt early (grew the most between 10-13) and I suspect Erica had yet to hit hers when she was 13.
    I'm new here but wanted to add my two cents on her size, as a young adult I was 5'1 and weighed 95 lbs. most of my growth was at age 15-16. We don't know what her bio background (parents stature) but her height/weight for a 13 yr old isn't really that out of the norm, especially for females in my lineage.

I'm much more concerned that the adoptive parents have already obtained a lawyer, and if that's the case....who is the lawyer and why hasn't the lawyer released a statement yet?! Very concerned that the adoptive parents didn't report her missing! How could they have not known?!

Quote Originally Posted by danzn16 View Post
    Info from missing persons flyer:

Missing From: 218 Miller Chapel Rd., Salisbury NC
    Date Missing: November 19th, 2011
    RSBM: Sold
    on Apr 18, 2011

It is never a good sign when parents don't report a child missing for 2 yrs and lie about it. What are they hiding and what do they know?
    Your Dream must be greater than your fear!

alreetlike is offline All human wisdom is summed up in these two words -- wait and hope
    It pains me to be so negative from the beginning, but I'm afraid I can't see past this poor child having been deceased for some time.

Good Moring all------just tossing out a fast question-- was she malnourished?? Of course we would not know now, but what is that state of her home???? Hoarder like, messy, clean, full fridge, parents adopting a RAW or paleo diet????

That photo does not look like a 13 year old girl-- more a 10 or 11 year old.

Oh, this does not sound good at all. I just noticed this comment from the grandfather.

"Just a little girl who didn't seem happy," he said.
    http://www.wcnc.com/news/editors-pic...218415181.html
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

floridamomma is offline "I've never let my school interfere with my education." - Mark Twain
    missing two years

step sibling reports

family has atty

I'm not liking this. poor girl.

Investigators: It’s unclear why parents didn’t report girl missing

http://www.salisburypost.com/article...t-girl-missing

James William Parsons, 20, reported his sister, Erica Lynn Parsons, 15, was either missing or he didn’t know her current location, said Sheriff’s Capt. John Sifford.
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

Google Earth photo from Early 2010 taken prior to William S. Parsons purchasing the home

Current Google Earth photo from April 2013

It looks like they may have removed a deck and poured a concrete slab but it is really hard to tell. I also notice what looks like a sidewalk going to the out building, and what appears to be a fire ring has been added. The cynic in me wants to know if this work was done in late 2011 or early 2012.

Detectives question couple over 15-year-old's disappearance

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/loca...s-disap/nZGNw/
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

Attorney says missing Rowan Co. girl refused to come home

http://www.wcnc.com/news/editors-pic...218580301.html

Quote Originally Posted by mikkismom View Post
    Detectives question couple over 15-year-old's disappearance

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/loca...s-disap/nZGNw/
    From your article:

"Sherrill is the attorney for Casey and Sandy Parsons who had adopted Erica as a little girl. She told Eyewitness News they had agreed to send the girl to stay with a relative in the Asheville area around Thanksgiving 2011.

Soon after, Erica called back and said she did not want to live with them anymore."

Who is this relative? The girl didn't want to live with them anymore and they just accepted that? No visiting? No daily calls? No sending her stuff? They just wiped their hands of her? Makes no sense.

A motive for not reporting her missing may be more 'innocent' than we think. If she was adopted, they may have chosen not to report so they could continue receiving her benefits. The subsequent fraud could be a reason for the quick attorney hire.

Not saying that it isn't hinky though. Just trying to find other possible scenarios that might explain the lack of action.

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast