718 users online (115 members and 603 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

MA - Provincetown, 'Lady in the Dunes' 119UFMA, 27-49, Race Point, Jul'74

A summer day became a horror on July 26, 1974, when a young girl walking her beagle stumbled upon a mutilated body in the dunes near Race Point Beach.

The victim's hands had been severed. They were never found. Her head was nearly removed. Investigators determined the woman had been dead anywhere from five days to three weeks. Cause of death: blunt trauma.

She has never been identified. Locals refer to the mystery woman as "The Lady in the Dunes."

Staff Sgt. Warren Tobias has just received an image of the victim from the state crime lab in Sudbury that he hopes will breathe new life into the case.

"The computerized reconstruction looks so lifelike that I'm hoping to get the image out there, hopefully nationwide," Tobias said. "I hope it rings a bell with somebody, somewhere

http://www.capecodonline.com/cctimes...logycould8.htm
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 03-14-2013 at 11:06 PM.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Possible link to Hadden Clark...

Hadden Clark graduated from a Chef School in New York in January 1974 and soon obtained work as a chef in the Cape Cod area. Years later, he confessed to killing women in Cape Cod, including one whom he buried in a sand dune after cutting off her hands and using the fingers for fishing bait. Clark is currently serving two life sentences for murders committed in Maryland.

link:
    http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_...rk/index_1.html

Amy Billig missing since March 1974

Amy Billig has been missing since March 1974 when she allegedly rode off with bikers from her home in Florida. The story of the Lady of the Dunes mentions that bikers often visited the area back then. See the thread about her in "missing but not forgotten".

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
    Missing Since: March 5, 1974 from Coconut Grove, Florida
    Classification: Non-Family Abduction
    Date Of Birth: January 9, 1957
    Height and Weight: 5'5, 110 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair, brown eyes. Amy has a two-inch scar on her abdomen from an appendectomy. She may have a tattoo. She has a high-stepping gait.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

missing lady found in dune 1974 looks a LOT like Amy Billig!!

My goodness, I was struck by the likeness of the computer reconstruction to Amy Billig, missing since 1974, making the time frame seem logical. Also, the biker angle in the story makes me even more curious if Amy is the unidentified dune lady. Please gang, take a look at the pic and lets see if it can at least be checked out, they have DNA.

I took a look at Amy Billig's picture and that is an uncanny resemblence. I also looked at the picture of her mother- and there is a strong resemblance. I know nothing of how to handle getting this info to the proper authorities, so please someone do this. This article doesn't say if DNA has been run on the lady of the dunes and entered into the NCIC, so I would guess it has not.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

I just read about Haden Clark and he does fit the timeline, but as they have taken him back there a couple of times to look for the women he supposedly murdered, I would think that they would have considered him. Still it wouldn't hurt to mention to LE that he did describe a murder he committed where he removed the woman's hands.
    Note: He liked to keep their jewelry as a souvenier(sp)

Cape Cod Times story...

I contacted Eric Williams who write the Cape Cod Times story about the Lady of the Dunes and provided him with information and links about Hadden Clark and Amy Billig. I have suggested that he relay the information to investigators and forensic experts there.

His story indicates that DNA was recently obtained from the unknown "Lady of the Dunes". So it might be possible to run a comparison between her DNA and that of Amy or her family members.

The Lady in the Dunes does resemble Amy Billig. I just don't get it, I know I sound like a broken record, WHY DON'T THEY SHOW THE TEETH??

When they did the computerized reconstruction, they must have had access to her teeth - a very distinct feature of Amy Billig's in that they are perfect. Her teeth are absolutely perfectly straight. A big clue, if the Lady in the Dunes teeth are perfect also.

I just don't get it, why they consistently conceal this fairly easy to reproduce clue.

Prayers for closure in this horrible case.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    I contacted Eric Williams who write the Cape Cod Times story about the Lady of the Dunes and provided him with information and links about Hadden Clark and Amy Billig. I have suggested that he relay the information to investigators and forensic experts there.

His story indicates that DNA was recently obtained from the unknown "Lady of the Dunes". So it might be possible to run a comparison between her DNA and that of Amy or her family members.
    Would you let us know if you hear of anything further on this?

Think I read somewhere, maybe in the book by Billig's mother, that Amy had some tooth problem.

Possibly another Hadden Clark vic?

I've been curious,there was another woman from Jessup Maryland,named Billie Jean Hall.She dissappeared on her way to a biker ralley in Daytona,Fla in February 1985.Hadden was living in Silver Spring,Maryland with his brother and it is very close to Jessup.She was never found and I've never been able to find out if she was wearing any jewelry or if they found her vehicle.Anyone know?Oh,by the way,I'm new here.Hi,everybody!!!!!!

They know BJH was in Florida and Georgia.

They know her credit card made it to Daytona,at least.

There hasn't been any evidence apparent to me that she was ever there.I was just saying,maybe she had to travel through Silver Springs to get to Florida and maybe that guy snatched her.I was wondering if anyone knows if they ever found her vehicle?

White Nissan camper truck

Was just wondering if anyone knew because I happened to notice that they said BJH was traveling in a Nissan Camper,and Hadden had that Nissan truck with a cab on it.Just curious,probably just speculation on my part.

There's plenty of evidence she was there. Her mother's been in a couple Baltimore Sun articles in the past about BJH. And there's witnesses that place her in the South.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast