Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: CA-AMBER ALERT: Hannah Anderson, 16, & Ethan(8, deceased), Boulevard, 3 Aug 2013 - #1

Quote Originally Posted by CatFancier View Post
    The adults could just as easily have argued about Hannah's constant phone use on the trip. He probably thought it was rude and mom could have defended her.
    But I thought Tina wasn't there?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jersey*Girl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sherbetjello View Post
    Forgive me for asking this, this may be a tad uncouth because of the situation, but has Hannah's age been discussed?

I saw on her facebook that she claims she graduated in 2011, and from comments on other news sites people (I assume it might be the same person) are saying they went to school with her and she has to be at least 20, almost 21 years old.

Has the media readdressed this?

Doesn't change the fact she is missing, but it can change the perception of what some people are keeping an eye out for.

I actually almost feel better she could older. Not that older makes you stronger or smarter, just hoping it's the case here and she can get away from this monster.

Hope this is permitted, it's piqued my curiosity since I saw it floating around yesterday.
    She is 16 and in high school. Every article says as much. The father and aunt have both spoken publicly and have not disputed that fact. Amber Alerts are for missing CHILDREN. If she were 20-21, she would not meet the criteria for an Amber Alert. 17 and under, is the rule.

"Every state adopt the “17 years of age or younger” standard; or, at a minimum, agree to honor the request of any other state to issue an AMBER Alert, even if the case does not meet the responding state’s age criterion, as long as it meets the age criterion of the requesting state. Most AMBER plans call for activation of the alert for children under a certain age. The problem is that age can vary---some plans specify 10, some 12, some 14, 15, and 16. Differences in age requirements create confusion when an activation requires multiple alerts across states and jurisdictions. Overuse of the AMBER Alert system will undermine its effectiveness as a tool for recovering abducted children."

http://www.amberalert.gov/guidelines.htm

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to blue22 For This Useful Post:

Got the amber alert on my phone when I came back into coverage yesterday. Trying to catch up now. Wish they would get an ID from the fire and correct the info and flyers as needed. If people should only be looking for one child, it is important to reflect that. If people are looking for a man with 2 children, it can make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey*Girl View Post
    Where did they stay when he took her to Hollywood? Did they camp out or stay in a hotel? If it was a hotel, were there two double beds?

Posting earlier I was under the understanding that the two of them went to Hollywood, at least that seems how the trip has been mentioned here BUT according to Cat, mom and her brother went along. Was it two or four, changes the dynamics greatly.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to manzana For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sherbetjello View Post
    Forgive me for asking this, this may be a tad uncouth because of the situation, but has Hannah's age been discussed?

I saw on her facebook that she claims she graduated in 2011, and from comments on other news sites people (I assume it might be the same person) are saying they went to school with her and she has to be at least 20, almost 21 years old.

Has the media readdressed this?

Doesn't change the fact she is missing, but it can change the perception of what some people are keeping an eye out for.

I actually almost feel better she could older. Not that older makes you stronger or smarter, just hoping it's the case here and she can get away from this monster.

Hope this is permitted, it's piqued my curiosity since I saw it floating around yesterday.
    They are blatantly mistaken. Hannah is 16.

9. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jersey*Girl For This Useful Post:

But I thought Tina wasn't there?
    Tina wasn't on the trip but since they came home days early from the trip for this reason, it could have caused problems. What if he took a week off from work, etc. and then the trip was cut short?

If he stays on the run with her and she remains alive, I see this as a problem in the now as well. She's 16 and acts that way. If he has romantic notions of something else, that's going to drive him crazy.
    Where is Cherrie Mahan?
    Who is Snohomish County Jane Doe?
    Justice for Alanna Gallagher

"I cannot tell you how a child like that can get through the nine months, but she has done that. That concludes to us that she has a level of strength that I'm not sure any of us has."

Jane Young about Abigail Hernandez

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CatFancier For This Useful Post:

Guys, this is a heated storyline, one that everyone is taking personal bc we're all trying to beat the statistic. If we lose our heads over the tiniest things, we might miss the most obscure clue that could bring an end to this mess. Deep breaths, everyone loves and appreciates one another...and we're all here for the same purpose. Lets help find Hannah and reunite her with her father. Godspeed...

The thanks button wasn't enough. *smiles*
    Please overlook any typos and grammatical errors; I'm surrounded by Lupus Fog, Fibro Fog and Blonde Fog (okay, I may have made that last one up). Needless to say, it's just downright foggy where I come from.

Just my ...nothing more, nothing less.
    "Time heals what reason cannot."
    ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kodi For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by manzana View Post
    Posting earlier I was under the understanding that the two of them went to Hollywood, at least that seems how the trip has been mentioned here BUT according to Cat, mom and her brother went along. Was it two or four, changes the dynamics greatly.
    Whoa Nelly! I think mom would have something to say, possibly to defend Hannah if Jim was calling her rude over her phone use. I only know what everyone else does about the road trip, evidence from the photos.
    Where is Cherrie Mahan?
    Who is Snohomish County Jane Doe?
    Justice for Alanna Gallagher

"I cannot tell you how a child like that can get through the nine months, but she has done that. That concludes to us that she has a level of strength that I'm not sure any of us has."

Jane Young about Abigail Hernandez

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CatFancier For This Useful Post:

Going by the trip photos, it was just JD and HA.

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ctkid For This Useful Post:

bellyup is offline "the more i see of man the more i like dogs." mme. de stal
    Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    In any case, the trip sounds like it was over at least one night? Because of that, not sure if I would let my teenage daughter go with a non related grown male. With a girlfriend or another sibling, sure.
    This is a point I struggle with, I don't understand the line of thinking that it would be okay to send her with a trusted woman friend but not a trusted male friend ? Maybe you could help me understand?

I have a hard time determining my level of trust for someone based on their genitals. If I HAD to pick between Elisa and Adam Baker, you bet I'm sending my kid with Adam.
    "He who does not prevent a crime when he can, encourages it.

19. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to bellyup For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CatFancier View Post
    Whoa Nelly! I think mom would have something to say, possibly to defend Hannah if Jim was calling her rude over her phone use. I only know what everyone else does about the road trip, evidence from the photos.

Sorry to put your name in there, just not sure about the trip, who actually was on it if more than two, seems like it was only two but I have no idea.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to manzana For This Useful Post:

First, JerseyGirl, sorry for "liking" seemingly all your posts...we are really in agreement on this case!

Second...the whole uncle thing. I absolutely understand that Jim was seen as a "substitute" uncle/like family/etc. BUT that doesn't mean he wasn't creepy. Heck, I have a brother who is 42 and I would NEVER let him watch my kids because as much as I love him, I'm not sure I trust that he would be safe with my kids in a sexual way, as horrifying as that is to type.

What I'm saying is NOT "the mom should have known better" - what I AM saying is... You never know what a persons motive is to BE that close friend/uncle ... Sometimes until its too late, apparently.

23. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to J1981 For This Useful Post:

From what I'm understanding from
    Watching his HLN coverage is that the trip was supposed to be for a week but ended short and was only for 3 days..
    You never know how much you really believe anything until its truth or falsehood becomes a matter of life and death to you.
    ― C.S. Lewis

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jojowood For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jojowood View Post
    From what I'm understanding from
    Watching his HLN coverage is that the trip was supposed to be for a week but ended short and was only for 3 days..

I think we can all agree on that, it is how many went that I want the answer to.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to manzana For This Useful Post:

Well from what I'm understanding just HA & JD... I forgot to add that part! Whoops.
    You never know how much you really believe anything until its truth or falsehood becomes a matter of life and death to you.
    ― C.S. Lewis

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jojowood For This Useful Post:

You know, you bring up something we've all been thinking about. Why did Tina go to his house with the kids if Hannah had told her about Uncle Jim's 'crush' statement? It was said early on that it was thought Jim was taking Ethan on a camping trip. There's no way IMO that Tina would allow Jim to take Ethan camping if Hannah had said something about the 'crush' Jim had on her. Tina would have been cautious & kept them away.

But...

Tina's vehicle was at DiMaggio's house, which is an hour away from her own. So, did she go there unaware she was walking into a combustible situation? I'll bet she did. Maybe Hannah even said something to her mom then & there about Uncle Jim's crush bc maybe she didn't want him alone with her little brother. Maybe it infuriated Jim bc now not only was Hanna not returning his emails or texts, but now she would have also been blatantly turning against him. Hypothetical of course, but could be likely...
    I have really been about whether this was a spur of the moment act or a premeditated one. IF HA confided in TA and told her about the JD crush and TA went to confront him, I don't believe she would've taken the children with her. So I would assume it was a planned visit initially.

Something could have happened during their visit where this situation unfolded and this would have me leaning towards a spur of the moment act.

However, even if it was a planned visit, it still could have been premeditated on his part, obviously unbeknownst to the Anderson's.

My heart just aches for them.

All JMO
    Last edited by kodi; 08-07-2013 at 12:53 PM. Reason: for the love of Pete...I keep forgetting my disclaimer!
    Please overlook any typos and grammatical errors; I'm surrounded by Lupus Fog, Fibro Fog and Blonde Fog (okay, I may have made that last one up). Needless to say, it's just downright foggy where I come from.

~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kodi For This Useful Post:

Hannah's Tumbler:

http://hannah-dreamer.tumblr.com/

I don't have a Tumbler so could someone please explain to me why when I open Hannah's Tumbler the tab associated with it on my iPad says "They'll only care when your gone."?

33. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Jersey*Girl For This Useful Post:

bellyup is offline "the more i see of man the more i like dogs." mme. de stal
    Quote Originally Posted by miimaa View Post
    Joseph Duncan. Wasn't there also a man (can't recall his name) that murdered a mother, son, dog, mother's friend and hid their bodies in a hollow tree all to get the teen daughter? That story really weighed heavy on me that a man would go to those lengths for sexual gratification.
    This story made me immediately think of the local Ohio case of Matthew Hoffman. The murdered was also a Tina .... Hermann. Also killed were her son Kody Maynard and Tina's neighbor, Stephanie Sprang. Their bodies (including the family dog) were put in a hallowed out tree . He kidnapped Tina's 13 year old daughter who was found 4 days later bound and gagged in his basement. He confessed once he was caught. Hoffman was sentenced to life (no death penalty at the request of the victims families). He claimed it was a random crime, A burglary attempt that went wrong. Though most suspect he had his eye on the daughter for awhile, he had no relationship with his victims.

Matthew Hoffman had a long history of weird behaviors and criminal activity.

This case is so similar aside for the fact that it was random in that case and there was an established long time relationship in this case.
    "He who does not prevent a crime when he can, encourages it.

35. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to bellyup For This Useful Post:

Hannah's Tumbler:

I don't have a Tumbler so could someone please explain to me why when I open Hannah's Tumbler the tab associated with it on my iPad says "They'll only care when your gone."?

It seems like she was very active in 2012 with sm not so much in 2013

I will say this she had someone who could actually take pics good!

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to manzana For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post

<snipped>

I know these highway alerts have led to successfully finding abductors - and one, I remember, was found just minutes before he was likely going to execute his victim. But it also made me wonder if they could put so much pressure on an abductor that it might spur him to do something he might not have otherwise have done.
    RSBM and BBM

That's a valid point but I, personally, have to believe that it helps for the better. I'm sure there are statistics out there on this, but I'd be curious to know in abductions, how many are carried out as planned by the perp versus how many are determined by circumstances during rescue?

No body wants their loved ones to be a statistic, but unfortunately, this is the world we live in. If by chance one of my loved ones were to be one of these, I would find comfort in the fact that it may save another.

*ponders a moment*

I'm not sure I expressed myself adequately...is that clear as mud? *drops my head on my desk*
    Last edited by kodi; 08-07-2013 at 01:08 PM. Reason: blasted typo

~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca

39. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kodi For This Useful Post:

Hannah's Tumbler:

It appears to be the title of her page - mostly pics/avi's/ etc of cheer, gymnastics, cheer bows, some boys etc

41. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to longtallcold For This Useful Post:

I was immediately reminded of Adam Mayes. Family friend, killed mom and older sister and kidnapped the younger 2 and went on the run. He ended up shooting himself in the head when they were finally cornered in a wooded area. Presumably he had been camping and/or using an abandoned cabin for the ?week? that they were on the run. Adam had wild fantasies about one of the younger girls and thought they were "in love."
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

43. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:

Hannah's Tumbler:

That is the title she wanted to appear for her tumblr. It's like opening yahoo in a new tab, and the tab says Yahoo!

Just a title tab, is all. The title means nothing relevant to the crimes that were committed. (Not that you are saying it is, of course. I just know many people...not necessarily here, but people in general...try to make something out of nothing after a crime.)

45. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blue22 For This Useful Post:

Re: the age question. Someone who graduated in 2011 would have theoretically been a senior when a now 16 year old was a freshman. Paths cross, cheer squads meet, etc. etc.

47. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LWoods For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bellyup View Post
    This story made me immediately think of the local Ohio case of Matthew Hoffman. The murdered was also a Tina .... Hermann. Also killed were her son Kody Maynard and Tina's neighbor, Stephanie Sprang. Their bodies (including the family dog) were put in a hallowed out tree . He kidnapped Tina's 13 year old daughter who was found 4 days later bound and gagged in his basement. He confessed once he was caught. Hoffman was sentenced to life (no death penalty at the request of the victims families). He claimed it was a random crime, A burglary attempt that went wrong. Though most suspect he had his eye on the daughter for awhile, he had no relationship with his victims.

Matthew Hoffman had a long history of weird behaviors and criminal activity.

This case is so similar aside for the fact that it was random in that case and there was an established long time relationship in this case.
    He was an outdoors man also (like JD). He had leaves all in his basement and made the girl sleep on a bed of leaves.

49. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ctkid For This Useful Post:

Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast